Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
glad you've had a change of heart and will be joining everyone in the top esport game 2016-2026 street fighter 5 ragg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be cool if they said "no more paying for balance changes!!!" And then SFVI comes out next year

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Balrog will be out in march. Im excited to see if they leave him alone or make him half motion half charge like they did to chun

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

mysterious loyall X posted:

glad you've had a change of heart and will be joining everyone in the top esport game 2016-2026 street fighter 5 ragg

I should b uy it for the beta but im so poor fuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i'm having fun playing mika. hey, it's fun

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

i'm having fun playing mika. hey, it's fun

Where can I find some hype street fighter videos, to watch, so i can get hype and not buy the game after all because i'm trying to get back to school fuuuuuu.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

It would be cool if they said "no more paying for balance changes!!!" And then SFVI comes out next year

iirc this is what happened with SF4, somebody claimed early on that they were just gonna balance patch it instead of doing a million revision versions, then two yeas later or w/e Super comes out

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Ragg posted:

Where can I find some hype street fighter videos, to watch, so i can get hype and not buy the game after all because i'm trying to get back to school fuuuuuu.

Nycfurby's stream last night was pretty fun. He was ranked number 1 and dominating with Dhalsim. I got stoned and watched for a while and then tried to play Dhalsim and did terrible

Word is bond

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't play Dhalsim for poo poo. Floaty goon

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Nycfurby's stream last night was pretty fun. He was ranked number 1 and dominating with Dhalsim. I got stoned and watched for a while and then tried to play Dhalsim and did terrible

Word is bond

Ty.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

use steam friend watch to watch me dinosaurjerk fail repeatedly to do mikas lovely crossup and dash in command grabs against objectively terrible rys who are probably like 9 years old but keep beating me

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

use steam friend watch to watch me dinosaurjerk fail repeatedly to do mikas lovely crossup and dash in command grabs against objectively terrible rys who are probably like 9 years old but keep beating me

You arent playing.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

You arent playing.

i was cooking dinner.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Ragg posted:

Here are the youtube playist for Spooky's stream of the Mad Catz SFV event:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxd-2FxFQ75pSWm96doOs7kPTVRy1aoLy

More on the channel.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm really liking chun. never really gave much attention to charge characters before but i like it.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Agag posted:

Here are the youtube playist for Spooky's stream of the Mad Catz SFV event:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxd-2FxFQ75pSWm96doOs7kPTVRy1aoLy

More on the channel.

Cheers.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
if I just pre-purchase it now can I download the beta?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

program666 posted:

if I just pre-purchase it now can I download the beta?

idk but you;'ll only have access to it for like a day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think you would but yeah, it ends in about 12 hours

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
Re-read the thread and you guys did mention it only happening sometimes, oh well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's odd that your ranking isn't character specific. Unless that's just for the beta

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

After I lost a lot of matches as Karin because I've never used her before I'm getting matched against everybody who's never played SF before and is just mashing wake up DPs as Ryu, ftw.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Karin has a couple great moves that you can win with but if you do anything else shes super unsafe so playing her is all about not accidentally mashing out one of those moves.

In Training posted:

It's odd that your ranking isn't character specific. Unless that's just for the beta

In the release the've got a league rank system (diamond, super diamond, platnum, etc) that will compute your league based on your cfn account xp and your chosen char level.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Her screen spanning flip punches and kicks are cool but they're basically hard reads or punishes. You can do crMP into qcb LP but that's the only combo I've sussed out in my 12 seconds training mode in between matches

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

After I lost a lot of matches as Karin because I've never used her before I'm getting matched against everybody who's never played SF before and is just mashing wake up DPs as Ryu, ftw.

win

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Her screen spanning flip punches and kicks are cool but they're basically hard reads or punishes. You can do crMP into qcb LP but that's the only combo I've sussed out in my 12 seconds training mode in between matches

linki c.mp mp qcb.k

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

All true. She has one rekka follow up designed just to trap bad players because she can be grabbed or jabbed out of it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh word to the wise on Karin players, nearly all of her moves make her slightly airborn which means you can get grabbed the Mika flip almost Everytime you hit any button, and it seems to priority of everything, even EX moves. FYI

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
just got a dc against a terrible player....but at least s/he was a karin instead of a ken

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
her sprint uppercut launcher move [idk what it's called] has a jUST fRame version meaning if you time it right u get a different, better version. she yells seiko!!! or something in japanese instead of right there! you can combo it into itself, kind of cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

her sprint uppercut launcher move [idk what it's called] has a jUST fRame version meaning if you time it right u get a different, better version. she yells seiko!!! or something in japanese instead of right there! you can combo it into itself, kind of cool

Whoa

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah the slide forward uppercut thing can be followed up with qcb LK but it's also kind Hail Mary. Well I guess qcf LK could be a close range thing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm enjoying her though. Not as much as r Mika I suppose. I mean she has a stone cold stunner and an Irish whip. Unstoppable power

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
the JuSt frame version can be comboed and linked into stuff, idk lookk it up on utube

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
tfw capcom ccconsiders AcTual brazilians 5 bar connection

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the JuSt frame version can be comboed and linked into stuff, idk lookk it up on utube

Cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
is there ever a reason to use alpha counters in this game lol ;-(

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
how much longer is the beta available.. i haven't played it yet this weekend but now i want to.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rediscover posted:

how much longer is the beta available.. i haven't played it yet this weekend but now i want to.

7 pst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

rediscover posted:

6 hours.

• Locked thread