Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

>>>>CLICK HERE FOR EVO INFO WOW<<<<

Evo is over

----------------------

It's 2016 and there's a new wave of fighting games coming out soon. This is thread to find people to play FGs with, many of who will probably be better than you. Player list at the bottom of the OP.

Fighting Games coming out in 2016

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is a February PS+ Game for PS3
Street Fighter V (PS4, PC) - February 16th
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator (PS3, PS4) - June 7th
KOFXIV - August 23rd
Tekken 7 - 2016
Pokken Tournament (Wii U Exclusive :staredog: ) - March 18th
Bayonetta in Smash 4 - Should be in a month or two

There's also new KI and MKX releases/updates happening soon, and Skullgirls is coming to the Vita. Probably more I'm forgetting too.

Road to Evo 2016

Evo kicks off on July 15, its basically a month away! I can;t wait to see 7 of japans best Johnny players square off on the main stage. The only other really big FG tourney before then is CEO, which is one of my favorite shows of the year because they still play P4U. Website here: https://ceogaming.org/ and the the link here http://capcomprotour.com/schedule/ is everything of note that will include SFV. E3 is also this weekend so we might get more info on T7 and KOFXIV (even though KOF has a date and like 30 trailers already).

GG Xrd Revelator Round Robin

http://challonge.com/u8v2txva

In Training - MangaCarta
Antillese - Triangle--Square
goferchan - mattnotgeorge
Smoking Crow - MYSTRIKROW
Real Hurthling! - mera_mendacia
Kongming - Hogobogo
hizke - hizke
Mintergalactic - Zenkeira
Baal - DevilKingBaal

There's a discord as well set up for this to make coordinating easier.

Other Player Info

Nostalgia4Butts
steam: foxmedik
psn: foxmedk
i play usf4, doa5:lr (sometimes), xrd (sometimes) and wish that there was a new virtua fighter

Lt. Dans Legs
steam: piss hog
psn: radosity
XRD, Ultimax and UNIEL are my games rn.

Stairmaster
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stair/
games: poo poo on fightcade(mostly third strike)

lesbian baphomet
my psn is moonwalku and i really only play the persona fighter and even then i hardly ever bother playing it. for all i know this might be the last time i look at this thread but if anybody would like to play videogames then hell, maybe we will together.

Real hurthling! plays a lot of Xrd and is also getting SFV. Maybe others. Prefuse, Zoq Fot Pik, dinosaur jerk, dick spacious CPA, sharkopath and others also play frequently. These are just copied from the old thread, so it could be out of date info. Whatever.

SFV CFN Names

Me: InTraining
mysterious loyall x: LardDiviner1453
Real Hurthling!: rocsfeather
SM64Guy: grafe1
fumaofthelake: fumaofthelake
Baal: NeverBeGameOver
HORMELCHILI: HormelChili
fozzy fosbourne: fozzy_fosbourne
Ragg: Ragggg
Zoq-Fot-Pik: zoqfot
program666: program666

In Training fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sweet op, op

nitro + blasters is out tuesday for ps4 i think too

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i dont play any fightring games OP. just wanted some first page real estate on the fighting game megathread

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2016/01/25/street-fighter-v-story-details-and-final-beta sfv beta is scheduled for 12AM PST Friday night/Saturday morning and closes Sunday at 7PM PST, so a good day and a half ot play. I will probably play some xrd tomorrow since Im rusty on the sticks and need to get back into the mood after playing puzzle games and mario games so much recently.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

sweet op, op

nitro + blasters is out tuesday for ps4 i think too

Is this going to be good? Theres also a lot of arena battlers like the new JoJo and probably a dbz and a naruto game for good measure coming out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok i watched a trailer and it looks like some extreme japanese AIDS.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Tekken's crap.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I have Tekken 3 on PSX and it sucks poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive never played tekken but people seem jazzed about the new one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tekken 2 was the greatest thing ever so i'm pretty hype to play more tekken for the first time long time

In Training posted:

Is this going to be good?

i dunno. that guy in the games thread gutcruncher acts like it is but i'm skeptical of his taste.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to play soul Calibur II this weekend to see if it holds up, because i remember it being badass when it came out.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

I'm going to play soul Calibur II this weekend to see if it holds up, because i remember it being badass when it came out.

i played that the other day with my boys.. it still rules

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Tekken's crap.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

http://twitter.com/unrooolie/status/692190439261237248/photo/1

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Tekken's crap.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

why is this thread always stickied when like 4 people even play fighting games in here and don't post in other threads

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

why is this thread always stickied when like 4 people even play fighting games in here and don't post in other threads

this but also about the map game thread to. it seems like a really arbitrary two threads to always be stickied IMO

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the people who only post in here are braindead YCS tier garbage men as well

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

myself and in training and dinosaur jerk definitely post in other threads, as well. i dont know about any of the other fighting game people

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk why it's always stickied

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

yeah this forum is so slow that its not really necessary, its not like we would lose it and become confused

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Watched the MadCatz SFV beta tournament, interesting to see top guys just playing footsie since most people don't know any combos yet.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Why do you guys hate Tekken?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I really like it

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Big Scary Owl posted:

Why do you guys hate Tekken?

fighting games on a 3d plane are weird and scary

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
the thread always gets stickied because zoq used to like & play fighting games but now all he does is play animal crossing all day.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

the thread always gets stickied because zoq used to like & play fighting games but now all he does is play animal crossing all day.

win

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sOmEone play xrrd with me riGhT now [on pc so i don't have to plug in ps4

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Agag posted:

Watched the MadCatz SFV beta tournament, interesting to see top guys just playing footsie since most people don't know any combos yet.

there are no combos

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
if you preorder the season pass you unlock combos

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

move this, the Whites Speaking in Ebonics while Saying Smex Teh Anime megachat thread to the ralp forum

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tekken kicks rear end! idiots!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

rediscover posted:

i dont play any fightring games OP. just wanted some first page real estate on the fighting game megathread

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Add me to the OP bitch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SFV beta is live early as of a few minutes ago (1:20 EST)
All characters except F.A.N.G. at this point, he probably won't show up until the official start of the beta early morning on saturday
i'm already psn friends with most of the last thread but: mera_mendacia for xrd which i play whenever someone wants me to. i also got skullgirls on sale this week but i haven't played it enough to know whats up yet and probably won't for a while because sfv

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 29, 2016

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Mintergalactic posted:

Add me to the OP bitch

wots thine steam i'm dinosurjerk

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

wots thine steam i'm dinosurjerk

minty fresh

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

lesbian baphomet posted:

myself and in training and dinosaur jerk definitely post in other threads, as well. i dont know about any of the other fighting game people

I post in the games thread and the sfv thread

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Same, but also gg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

:smugmrgw:

• Locked thread