Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

Atoramos posted:

If anyone cares, I can confirm voter registration is fubar. We've voted here and are registered to our party for the last, oh, six years. Today my wife was told the only registration they have was in Yonkers and she wasn't on the list, had her fill a provisional. While we were there two more people came in and couldn't vote, the staff claimed the party was 'angry' any time they called up to ask questions. We have never lived in Yonkers and she's been 'on the list' for the last six years, we vote in every election including local...

I pulled her up online and confirmed the site claims 'registered Dem in Yonkers'. We have never, ever lived in Yonkers or had any Yonkers address associated with us.

That's legitimately not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

crazy cloud posted:

There is no such thing as reality outside cogito ergo sum, faith is all there is

You're posting back and forth with figments of your imagination, life is but a dream, amigo

Sounds like some good poo poo, pass that over here my man.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

SavageBastard posted:

That's legitimately not good.

As long as Bernie loses and the status quo lives on, it's fine.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Bernie 2016: Independents Day

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

B B posted:

status quo today, status quo tomorrow, status quo forever

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Bernice Anders posted:

Sounds like some good poo poo, pass that over here my man.

I'm just on coffee today so far :kimchi:

Have some coffee tho I'll fax you a cup

Pretend I remembered a line from QTs cringey coffee monologue from pulp fiction to add here

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
yonkers is real and I don't understand why it's a funny name

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

B B posted:

Is Yonkers even a real place? Sounds made up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

B B posted:

Unironically true.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Came here to post my own anecdotes about voting, looks like I'm not alone.

I was near a polling place and overheard four people, who were not together, discussing not being on the list and talking to one another about experiences. It sounded like they had all lived in the same place for years and always voted there, but were not present this year. Overheard another man on his phone while walking who was angry that his name was not on the voter list; sounded like it was his second attempt after his first polling place suggested he go elsewhere.

My fiancee voted without incident.

I am not registered in the state of NY so I don't have a personal experience.

This is in Manhattan.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Concerned Citizen posted:

status quo today, status quo tomorrow, status quo forever

hillary clinton delenda est

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

logikv9 posted:

If you turn off all the lights and say Yonkers 666 times in the bathroom mirror, nothing will happen but it's a chill way to spend an evening

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The lawsuit is going to be heard in 20 minutes, I hope there's some new coverage in the courtroom and maybe a fresh change of diapers for the people bringing the suit.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Came here to post my own anecdotes about voting, looks like I'm not alone.

I was near a polling place and overheard four people, who were not together, discussing not being on the list and talking to one another about experiences. It sounded like they had all lived in the same place for years and always voted there, but were not present this year. Overheard another man on his phone while walking who was angry that his name was not on the voter list; sounded like it was his second attempt after his first polling place suggested he go elsewhere.

My fiancee voted without incident.

I am not registered in the state of NY so I don't have a personal experience.

This is in Manhattan.

Hopefully they were planning to vote for Bernie.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 51 minutes!
https://mobile.twitter.com/bencasselman/status/722394571699843072

Lol, NY is the new Arizona.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Reasons why Yonkers is a funny name:
-Starts with a Y sound
-Rhymes with honkers, bonkers

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
As part of Hillary's 'Victory At Any Cost' group, I was able to vote perfectly fine today. 15 times, all went smoothly. Paranoid Burnouts. :rolleyes:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Soros must be paying double his usual amount for the fix in NY

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Mrit posted:

As part of Hillary's 'Victory At Any Cost' group, I was able to vote perfectly fine today. 15 times, all went smoothly. Paranoid Burnouts. :rolleyes:

well no duh, we can vote online or with the clinton foundation app

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
i wanna hear more bout this voter suprresion

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

logikv9 posted:

I don't even live in NY and I've been voting like a mad man for her today.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Reasons why Yonkers is a funny name:
-Starts with a Y sound
-Rhymes with honkers, bonkers

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
*In bernie voter voice, which is to say, my own voice* Help, I'm bein' suppressed!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

logikv9 posted:

Its funnier when you hear it in a yaunkaws accent.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Does Ralph Nader have an app? I'd vote for him just for old time's sake

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

as i said before

new york has the worst voting system in america

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
I'm genuinely flabbergasted that localities are still this FUBAR with regard to voting, even after seeing the shitshow that was Arizona. You'd think that would be a wake-up call, but nope.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Voting in Greenpoint was super easy this morning and made me show up early to work. Should've loudly hummed and hawed at the booth for a half an hour.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
hillary clinton heard that millions of young voters would be riding hoverboards to the voting booth, so she used her connections with china and rigged them to explode

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

logikv9 posted:

That's an In App Purchase of $7,000 donation or more

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Does Ralph Nader have an app? I'd vote for him just for old time's sake

He does, but it's only available on a blackberry.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

gently caress da Mods posted:

i wanna hear more bout this voter suprresion

It is good if it helps preserve the status quo.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

STAC Goat posted:

Its funnier when you hear it in a yaunkaws accent.

yaunkaws is awesome :smith:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

pathetic little tramp posted:

The lawsuit is going to be heard in 20 minutes, I hope there's some new coverage in the courtroom and maybe a fresh change of diapers for the people bringing the suit.
I don't see how the judge is going to turn this into an open primary with 8 hours of voting already passed.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

crazy cloud posted:

If you turn off all the lights and say Yonkers 666 times in the bathroom mirror, nothing will happen but it's a chill way to spend an evening

Ive been saying yonkers in my head for the last tenminutes or so and its already lost all meaning.

Theres no way i could even make it to 60 aloud.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Quorum posted:

I'm genuinely flabbergasted that localities are still this FUBAR with regard to voting, even after seeing the shitshow that was Arizona. You'd think that would be a wake-up call, but nope.

new york's problems are huge and will take many millions of dollars to fix. the voting machines are old and broken, the election administration is incompetent, and they work on systems that jfk would have considered a little old fashioned. it's not a new issue, and not one that can be solved overnight.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Quorum posted:

Can you imagine the poo poo fit that would be thrown if they had tried to change anything once the other states started voting?

If you think conspiracy chat is thick now....

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

logikv9 posted:

yaunkaws is awesome :smith:

I'm a big fan of Yaunkaws. I've long insisted that they should get the fifth borough spot and we should boot Staten Island out, because really... Staten Island?

And Long Island just sucks so gently caress them getting the spot.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

logikv9 posted:

man thanks for the reminder, i totally forgot I had an extra download on iOS as well as droid. 2 more for Hillary!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Staten Island was originally supposed to be a part of New Jersey but in the 1600's the governor of New Jersey staked it on a bet that the governor of New York couldn't circumnavigate the island in 24 hours in a small yacht. Well, he did, and now Staten Islamd is a part of NYC #suckityonkers

• Locked thread