Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pinterest Mom posted:

please learn more at triple double u dot romans thirteen no space dot com

come on tough guy..... just name one jew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
omg how many archists are in this very thread?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

is anyone trying to chuck Corbyn out or is this some 'the SJWs are ruining things' and 'regressive left' pearl clutching? All you posted was one thing saying he could stand to have more women in actual positions of power and influence.

uh have you followed uk politics at all

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

why are you posting about uk politics in the anarchism thread? Unless you're talking about anarcho punks in London

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
lol i wonder how much money those yuppies spent on their till lindemann getups

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its the 70s so that poo poo might have been authentically dingy and cheap instead of 3rd world manufactured-by-children goods selling an identity.

probably not tho

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
the problem with anarchists is that they're rich kids playing at revolution, eventually they become 'radical centrists' or neoconservatives

not that i can complain too much about g$, once everyone is normalized that's when the fun starts

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

goldman sakcs will be send to Gender Prison for their crimes against Gender Law.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

This is like how to Target a lot of trans people use whatever bathroom they want. Which means that their anti-union garbage no longer counts and nobody needs to worry about it. Sorry labor (but not really)!

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

rudatron posted:

they're rich kids playing at revolution

eats-almonds
Jun 30, 2016

Fast Luck posted:

anarchists can make useful allies in the fight against capitalism but should be purged from the ranks at the decisive moment, imho

I wanna know more about what you mean by this.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
goldman sachs have been low-key advocates of transgender rights for years

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Note that apparently, Goldman has covered sex reassignment surgeries for its employees since 2008.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Lol at people who think this is anything other then an insincere publicity stunt. The sad part is it will work. :(

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

rudatron posted:

the problem with anarchists is that they're rich kids playing at revolution, eventually they become 'radical centrists' or neoconservatives

not that i can complain too much about g$, once everyone is normalized that's when the fun starts

only because they can't make it their real job like intelligentsia or party cadres, all of leftism has this problem

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

same

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

rudatron posted:

I worry that this will never happen and after trans are accepted we will see the rise of a new social rights movement for some other fridge sexuality or identity.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Wikkheiser posted:

Note that apparently, Goldman has covered sex reassignment surgeries for its employees since 2008.

Wow! what a great and moral establishment!

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Is this like the left wing equivalent of conservatives being against anything Obama says even if he is agreeing with them?

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I think every employee at Goldman could commit suicide and people would be angry that they took the easy way out

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'd actually be ok with it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Kingfish posted:

I worry that this will never happen and after trans are accepted we will see the rise of a new social rights movement for some other fridge sexuality or identity.

:ohdear: not more marginalized people being supported!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

gotta distract the proles from anti-labor imperialism somehow

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

It won't happen if things continue as they are indefinitely, but I don't think that's the case. In a sense that margins always exist, a particular demarginalization doesn't change the status of The Margin proper. But the marginalizations today are not rational, even if they are often rationalized, they have nothing going for them but historical inertia. Moreover, they're not aware of themselves as both self perpetuating and symptomatic I.e. - Those People Are Just Like That, it's not a result of environmental influence, what we do doesn't matter.

But I think eventually, with advances in psychology and technology, a total normalization is possible, even if The Margin still exists - the abnormal are recognized as just acting normally, even if something you may not like is not simply not a matter of choice, them acting that way is normal given their historical context.

As with all people, sometimes that's acting selfish, sometimes that's acting from a pure expression of positive humanity.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tatum Girlparts posted:

As long as that 'support' doesn't translate into anything meaningful , sure.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Powercrazy posted:

As long as that 'support' doesn't translate into anything meaningful , sure.

no advances have been made wrt lgbt rights, correct

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Then bring up the “Old Man Yells at Cloud”moment from The Simpsons and draw some parallels between that image, 

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm glad that transgender people will be able to get a finance sector job that has 14 hour days.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Tatum Girlparts posted:

*university social justice club brainstorming a cause to agitate for; the dining hall is empty save for prole cafeteria workers and janitors.*

"If only there was some group of people who are marginalized by society! Come on guys we need ideas here!"

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

poor people can't be marginalized, that's ridiculous, they look just like me

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

etalian posted:

I'm glad that transgender people will be able to get a finance sector job that has 14 hour days.

Work will set you free, Comrade.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

The Kingfish posted:

*university social justice club brainstorming a cause to agitate for; the dining hall is empty save for prole cafeteria workers and janitors.*

"If only there was some group of people who are marginalized by society! Come on guys we need ideas here!"

So you think being transgendered is a choice huh? Otherwise it seems to me that an equal number of those workers would also benefit from the acceptance of queer identities in employment practices

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I guess intersectionality is only a thing when you're using it to shame white women for wanting equal pay

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Al! posted:

So you think being transgendered is a choice huh? Otherwise it seems to me that an equal number of those workers would also benefit from the acceptance of queer identities in employment practices

Yeah the exact same amount of proles will be benefited as the rest of the population: about .03 percent, yaaawwn.

I'm sure G$ and Co. will find another, equally emancipatory cause to champion when LGBT get to the promised land.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I think you should be wary of propaganda. But judging evil people for doing good things is in itself evil. You are turning your cause into a means of moral superiority, prejudice and hate. That's what's eating the left.

You saying Goldman Sachs supporting trans rights won't help poor people is the exact same kind of childish deflection as Hillary clinton saying fixing Wall Street won't solve racism and sexism.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Agreed. But context needs to be examined.

For example, Goldman Sachs paid for employee transitions back in 2008, and probably earlier.

So what's significant about flying a flag now? Why didn't they fly a flag in 2008?

The reason is politics, and if a company wants to "play politics" you have to evaluate their actions politically.

And my evaluation is that like all large companies, they give zero poo poo about anything but making money, and flying a flag in 2016 is a net positive on the balance sheet. They should not be lauded for that, at all.

If anything they should be dissolved even quicker, since they, like Hillary Clinton, are using others persecution for political means, with no other concern.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
could this be a pattern https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/federal-tories-make-unprecedented-showing-at-toronto-gay-pride

Mercrom posted:

I think you should be wary of propaganda. But judging evil people for doing good things is in itself evil. You are turning your cause into a means of moral superiority, prejudice and hate. That's what's eating the left.

You saying Goldman Sachs supporting trans rights won't help poor people is the exact same kind of childish deflection as Hillary clinton saying fixing Wall Street won't solve racism and sexism.
before I parse your post as describing intersectionality as "childish deflection", I want to know what it is doing in a thread about...

Karl Barks posted:

...Goldman coopting progressive messaging to cover their own fiscal conservatism

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/CamFantastic1/status/749673768012898305

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Kingfish posted:

who cares

• Locked thread