Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol he's hosed

https://twitter.com/Hadas_Gold/status/844312314195128320

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
serious question: dont you have to press play to play gifs on twitter? if not, why do I always have to press play to play gifs on twitter?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Cubone posted:

serious question: dont you have to press play to play gifs on twitter? if not, why do I always have to press play to play gifs on twitter?

Yeah in the screenshot the gif has a play button over it lol

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
if he were convicted would this mean things said/done on Twitter matter legally now?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I thought America was the land of the free

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
land of the Tweet

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
land of Deez

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
a quick google suggests that seizures usually last a minute or less and so hopefully our justice system is p skeptical about the 8 min seizure claim.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
your post just gave me an "ultra seizure"

please turn yourself into the authorities, alternatively give me 14 bucks so I can buy stuff today

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
like not to discount the idea that someone who knows full well their intended recipient is photosensitive should be legally responsible for sending a gif meant to hurt people with epilepsy. that's obviously a thing that should totally constitute assault and should not be legal. In this case tho where the victim is a known weenie and is making particularly outlandish claims about how much they were hurt tho, I hope the courts can consider that maybe they're just making that up cause they're being equally petty.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

like not to discount the idea that someone who knows full well their intended recipient is photosensitive should be legally responsible for sending a gif meant to hurt people with epilepsy. that's obviously a thing that should totally constitute assault and should not be legal. In this case tho where the victim is a known weenie and is making particularly outlandish claims about how much they were hurt tho, I hope the courts can consider that maybe they're just making that up cause they're being equally petty.

i think the doctors involved wouldn't want to lie in court about a seizure tbh

Convoolio
Oct 31, 2005

hmm, the new screenplay of snow crash is almost as good as the book, "snow crash", which sucked

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

hmmm yes in a nation full of pill mill/low testosterone doctors they are people who we can trust to not lie in situations like that.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Psycho Society posted:

Yeah in the screenshot the gif has a play button over it lol
lmao

Scwewy Wabbit Almost Murders Duck During Wabbit Season

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

afeelgoodpoop posted:

hmmm yes in a nation full of pill mill/low testosterone doctors they are people who we can trust to not lie in situations like that.

they don't go to prison for this

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Cubone posted:

Serious answer: They play automatically on desktops. You can choose on mobile.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Kasumeat posted:

Serious answer: They play automatically on desktops. You can choose on mobile.

oh, that's not as funny then. see ya

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

using a burner phone is gonna look really good in court

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Jose posted:

an 8 minute seizure reported only by the dude + his gf is pretty off the wall bonkers.

For real tho I do think sending that kinda material to a photosensitive person intentionally should be not okay, I just don't believe he actually had an 8 min seizure over it. Feels more like it should be a slap on the wrist kind of offence where the platform itself should be the largest party penalized for not offering pro-active tools to prevent animated gifs from being displayed or w/e. If this were about seizure prevention instead of revenge it would be targeting the platform.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 22, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

his parents will just be glad to finally have him out of the house

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

JiveHonky posted:

there's no way to tell who's right or wrong in this case we should put both parties in jail just to be sure

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArbitraryC posted:

This Eichenwald guy sounds like a liar and a pedophile

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Les Os posted:

if he were convicted would this mean things said/done on Twitter matter legally now?

They always have.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
do you know how much it hurt to see this thread and not be able to post in it because i was on probation? seizure gif is my expertise

a misanthrope fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Mar 22, 2017

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Professor SJW posted:

do you know how much it hurt to see this thread and not be able to post in it because i was on probation? seizure gif is my expertise

Plz tweet them to this guy

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Plz tweet them to this guy

i would tweet them to the world if possible

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Professor SJW posted:

i would tweet them to the world if possible

Pleaae do the needful

cnut
May 3, 2016

Professor SJW posted:

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
murder, he twote

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Wait he got charged with a hate crime? What minority did he offend? For fucks sake

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Shampy posted:

Wait he got charged with a hate crime? What minority did he offend? For fucks sake

probably not

you cant believe things you read on 4chan

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Shampy posted:

Journalist Kurt Eichenwald

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Shampy posted:

His username was "jew_goldstein" lmao

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

walgreenslatino posted:

His username was "jew_goldstein" lmao

"A hate-crime enhancement was added to the charge because of Rivello's "bias or prejudice against a group identified by race, ancestry, or religion, namely: persons of Jewish faith or descent," the indictment says."

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i hoep this means people can b charged 4 their usernames on the internet

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I'm incarcerated poster niggerstomper58

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
someone tweet him a misanthrope's poo poo rear end-cat av

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

bonerjam posted:

someone tweet him a misanthrope's poo poo rear end-cat av

here it is again in case any epileptics are still alive

don't forget my sig:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At this point Jew Goldstien has to take a gambit and play the gif during the trial to prove Kurt is lying about the seizure. That is his only hope. Also in the future the trolls will be better at opsec.

• Locked thread