Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Andrast posted:

Aren't single player titles selling just fine though?

You can't sell single player games as 'games as a service'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
What do we want?!
To be called slurs by a 12 year old Brazilian child!
And when do we want it?!
Delayed release date unavailable!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I feel like a small indie developer trying to make a multiplayer game to get the 'games as a service' money isn't going to go well

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's on sale this week so good timing on remembering that game

The Steam sale barely even registered as thing for me this time around, and it ends in like half an hour, so thanks for this. I picked Nex Machina up along with Sunless Sea

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Andrast posted:

There is absolutely zero chance I'm going to try a f2p hunting game when there's an actual new MH game coming soon

Granted, but I'm interested to see how it will distinguish itself.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Andrast posted:

I feel like a small indie developer trying to make a multiplayer game to get the 'games as a service' money isn't going to go well

Good.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Nex machina is very cool, but its tough to sell a small, challenging indie game without roguelike somewhere in the description. I feel like rather than upend their whole operation they could just take some cues from popular indie trends and put their particular spin on it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Sakurazuka posted:

It didn't stop whoever made the decision to add loot boxes to Shadow of War, regardless of how unnecessary they supposedly are.

Mordja posted:

Looks like Housemarque's done making the types of games Housemarque makes.

http://www.housemarque.com/arcade-is-dead/

drat, they tried their best. I'm interested to see what they will come up with next, at least.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Mordja posted:

I hope they consider making another singleplayer action adventure game like Outland, that's my favourite game of theirs. Never played Matterfall though, might be the same thing? I wouldn't call Outland arcady though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The arcade sidescrolling beatemup is due for a renaissance.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Scott Pilgrim one was ok

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Dragon's Crown is getting a rerelease

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

That's the boobwitch one right.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Somebody get Wayforward on the case.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

"the one"

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

exquisite tea posted:

Its the muscledwarf one actually

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If they can do to Dragon's Crown what they did to Odin Sphere Leifthrasir I'm definitely buying it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

Her name is Yennefer/Keira/Triss/etc thanks.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

If they can do to Dragon's Crown what they did to Odin Sphere Leifthrasir I'm definitely buying it

It just looks to just be a slightly higher fidelity port unfortunately. I'll still probably buy it though if it comes out in the West

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Andrast posted:

But the original release was already fun to play

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Her name is Yennefer/Keira/Triss/etc thanks.

Isn't it just crazy that I can't seem to get all these sexy witches off my dick!! Please send help, enough is enough ladies.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

I thought it was a bit boring

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Jeanne is not a boobwitch however.

In fact she is the inverse of a boobwitch.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Dragon's Crown is one of my favorite games but I also pretty much only played it in co-op with a friend, so it's hard for me to say how it is as a single player game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Jeanne is not a boobwitch however.

In fact she is the inverse of a boobwitch.

a...buttnun?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Mordja posted:

This is sad but at least they went out making a perfect video game. Buy Nex Machina everyone.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Arcade games are more popular now than they have been in a while, people just call them roguelikes and put in some gauntlet-style persistence.

People are freaking out about spelunky 2 right now!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the soundtrack is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5nMqsbuhf8

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mordja posted:

Nex Machina kicks rear end. More people should have bought it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lets hang out posted:

Arcade games are more popular now than they have been in a while, people just call them roguelikes and put in some gauntlet-style persistence.

I'M SO BORED OF PROGEN

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lets hang out posted:

I really do love pure score games over this style, but any roguelike with fundamentally great mechanics can do the same thing with dailies, like greatest game of the generation Nuclear Throne

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although I will say Nex Machina has the same issue most bullet hell games with invincibility dashes have, in that the patterns can be half-assed or boring because you can just skip through them

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

I stopped when I realised the whole game was going to be those first seven (?) stages over and over.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I stopped when I realised the whole game was going to be those first seven (?) stages over and over.

vanillaware.txt

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am cancelling my CODWW2 preorder because they’re pulling some Blizzard poo poo on hampering FOV to 80 for 21:9 players, and gently caress that. “Buying an advantage” my rear end. Ugh.

But now I have more time for so many more fun games in my backlog! Maybe I’ll finish Nier finally.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Goddamit I really liked House's games. Nex Machina and Alienation were dope and I even liked Dead Nation. What a fuckfest.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the goty 2016 comes to steam in a couple of weeks

http://store.steampowered.com/app/552700/WORLD_OF_FINAL_FANTASY/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_19

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Hmmm, track 4 Crystal Mountain (12:29) is a pretty good remix of The Cheetamen 2 theme

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I've heard a lot of sugar about PC roguelike Cogworld but the price kept me from making an impulse purchase. Finally watched a gameplay video and I think it's enough to push me over the edge. Only problem is that I'm rarely in front of my computer these days.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Didn't see From Other Suns listed in OP. Comes out on Nov 14 and I'm pumped. The open beta was great and they listened to the community regarding improvements to controls.

• Locked thread