Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Diva Cupcake posted:

Peter King had an angle this week that Brady feeds on nobody believing in him. Nobody.

Imagine playing that card with literally the greatest quarterback ever with more rings than anyone.

If you can stand to watch The Brady 6 documentary, when he talks about waiting to get picked in the draft he starts crying at one point.

THIS WAS AFTER HE HAD WON 3 SUPER BOWLS ALREADY.

I think his psychology is just hosed up in ways people don't appreciate, even by the standards of dysfunctionally hyper-competitive star athletes often being fundamentally broken people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

sean10mm posted:

I think his psychology is just hosed up in ways people don't appreciate, even by the standards of dysfunctionally hyper-competitive star athletes often being fundamentally broken people.

This is how the Dark One motivates people - just last year people explained that he still tells Brady that the QB of Foxborough High could throw better passes than Brady. Hell, just the other day he said that Brady's injury was no open heart surgery to downplay it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sean10mm posted:

If you can stand to watch The Brady 6 documentary, when he talks about waiting to get picked in the draft he starts crying at one point.

THIS WAS AFTER HE HAD WON 3 SUPER BOWLS ALREADY.

Jordan, Rice, Brady. The common thread is having giant chips on their shoulders, long after they should. Look at Jordan's HoF acceptance speech for christ sake.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Jordan, Rice, Brady. The common thread is having giant chips on their shoulders, long after they should. Look at Jordan's HoF acceptance speech for christ sake.

Add Bonds I guess, although he mainly just hated the press. Gretzky? I don't remember anything with him.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 23, 2018

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I expect Brady to win, I just don't want him to win because it's boring as poo poo at this point

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I just realized that there is no franchise that went to more Super Bowls than Bill Belichick (head coach + coordinator) and that he has won more Super Bowls than any franchise (head coach + coordinator).

That's insane.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm pretty sure you already knew that and you just wanted to post it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Diva Cupcake posted:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

eventually he's gonna slip and just call Belichick "Mein Fuhrer"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The Patriots have never won a Super Bowl rematch...

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

GaussianCopula posted:

I just realized that there is no franchise that went to more Super Bowls than Bill Belichick (head coach + coordinator) and that he has won more Super Bowls than any franchise (head coach + coordinator).

That's insane.

Sir this is a thread about the pro bowl

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If the pats are so good why did none of their players go to the pro bowl the last 2 seasons

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
The Patriots will setup a 24/7 video stream from their own studio in the Mall of America for Super Bowl week called "Patriots Not Done Network".

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Not Done Yet is almost as bad a motto as No Days Off

Around the NFL's last podcast isolated out the Belichick NO DAYS OFF audio from the parade and it's pretty amazing to listen to.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

Not Done Yet is almost as bad a motto as No Days Off

Around the NFL's last podcast isolated out the Belichick NO DAYS OFF audio from the parade and it's pretty amazing to listen to.

Not Done Yet really reads like a creepy threat of some kind.

At least No Days Off just implies a bad work-life balance.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
have the patriots ever come up with a slogan that isn't a cliche of white mediocrity

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

have the patriots ever come up with a slogan that isn't a cliche of white mediocrity

Ignore the noise

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Diqnol posted:

Ignore the noise

nah

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You've got a problem with DO YOUR JOB?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

jesus I was being tongue in cheek but they really do get their mantras from big dog shirts huh

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Hard to reconcile Not Done Yet with Brady Quinn’s myoplex spots....

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Here's the list of phrases trademarked by the New England Patriots. I am not kidding about any of these:

WE ARE ALL PATRIOTS
THE PATRIOT WAY
DO YOUR JOB
NEXT GAME UP
DO YOUR JOB WELL
ONEMORE
IGNORE THE NOISE
NO DAYS OFF
BLITZ FOR SIX
SAFETY SQUADRON
UNEQUIVOCALLY THE SWEETEST

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Here's the list of phrases trademarked by the New England Patriots. I am not kidding about any of these:

hahahaha what

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

not gonna lie I 100% support unequivocally the sweetest

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

To prove I am not kidding: https://trademarks.justia.com/874/13/unequivocally-the-87413572.html

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Do your job.

Do your job well.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

lol turns out its a deflategate thing

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh word, you can buy this in the Patriots pro shop:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

WE ARE ALL PATRIOTS
THE PATRIOT WAY
DO YOUR JOB
NEXT GAME UP
DO YOUR JOB WELL
ONEMORE
IGNORE THE NOISE
NO DAYS OFF
BLITZ FOR SIX
SAFETY SQUADRON

The first letters spell We TD inbounds.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
is a safety squadron a defense that gets safeties or like a group of players who play the position 'safety' or is it an o-line who protects the goat from dying or what

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ultrachrist posted:

is a safety squadron a defense that gets safeties or like a group of players who play the position 'safety' or is it an o-line who protects the goat from dying or what

Apparently Belichick's kid (safeties coach) came up with it:

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/statu...s-for-his-squad

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Steve Belichick actually wants to be a designer but his dad pressured him into becoming a coach?

Oh and here is a anthem for Danny "Playoff" Amendola https://soundcloud.com/hardy330-1/amendola-song-2018

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 23, 2018

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

GaussianCopula posted:

Steve Belichick actually wants to be a designer

quote:

Göring was known for his extravagant tastes and garish clothing. He had various special uniforms made for the many posts he held;[151] his Reichsmarschall uniform included a jewel-encrusted baton. Hans-Ulrich Rudel, the top Stuka pilot of the war, recalled twice meeting Göring dressed in outlandish costumes: first, a medieval hunting costume, practicing archery with his doctor; and second, dressed in a red toga fastened with a golden clasp, smoking an unusually large pipe. Italian Foreign Minister Galeazzo Ciano once noted Göring wearing a fur coat that looked like what "a high grade prostitute wears to the opera".[152] He threw lavish housewarming parties each time a round of construction was completed at Carinhall, and changed costumes several times throughout the evenings

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Browns need to counter those slogans.

DON'T DO YOUR JOB
DO YOUR JOB BADLY

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Browns need to counter those slogans.

DON'T DO YOUR JOB
DO YOUR JOB BADLY

DO THE JOB

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Fixed it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

It was a wrestling joke you loving rear end in a top hat!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

DO A JOB
LITERALLY ANY JOB
JUST BE USEFUL IN SOME WAY
gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008