Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pro Bowl Special Rules:

No motion or shifting by the offense
Offense must have a tight end in all formations
Offense may have 1 or 2 receivers on the same side
Intentional grounding is legal
Defense must run a 4–3 at all times, though the Cover 2 and press coverage is allowed[14]
No blitz
No blindside or below the waist blocks
Can not rush punts, PATs or FG attempts
Two timeouts per period. If team has one unused timeout left over at end of the odd period they can carry over to next period; however they can not carry over from one half to next, nor from 4th period into first overtime.
Coin toss determines who receives first; loser receives to start 3rd period
Kickoffs are eliminated (including free kicks)[14]
Teams will start on their own 25-yard line after any score or at the start of each half/odd overtime[14]
38-second play clock to run plays
Clock will not stop on sacks outside last 2 minutes of regulation/4th overtime
Clock stops in last 2 minutes of each period when team with ball can not gain any yardage. Exception applies to team in the lead in 4th period, who can let their QB kneel down and use up the leftover time to win it.
44-player roster per team
Clock starts after incompletions on referee's signal outside last 2 minutes of 2nd period/2 OT or last 5 minutes of 4th/4 OT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The real event is the Pro Bowl Skills competition.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Who is actually playing in the Pro Bowl?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My wife saw a commercial for it the other day and goes "I'm surprised you don't watch that" and then I spent 45 minutes describing what a stupid poo poo show the probowl was.

Anyway, we watch TV separately in the evenings now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Who is actually playing in the Pro Bowl?

They have to name like 15 new players to it due to un-replaced yet injury drop outs and the 10 guys from Eagles / Patriots that aren't going.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kalli posted:

Pro Bowl Special Rules:

Defense must run a 4–3 at all times, though the Cover 2 and press coverage is allowed[14]
No blitz
Two timeouts per period. If team has one unused timeout left over at end of the odd period they can carry over to next period; however they can not carry over from one half to next, nor from 4th period into first overtime.
Teams will start on their own 25-yard line after any score or at the start of each half/odd overtime[14]
Clock stops in last 2 minutes of each period when team with ball can not gain any yardage. Exception applies to team in the lead in 4th period, who can let their QB kneel down and use up the leftover time to win it.
Clock starts after incompletions on referee's signal outside last 2 minutes of 2nd period/2 OT or last 5 minutes of 4th/4 OT

is this real or fake I honestly cannot tell

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

100% real.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
jesus just make it flag football or tag or something at this point

Nov 6, 2002

The dumbest thing about the Pro Bowl is that they moved it to Orlando. Come NFL players, take some time off and enjoy a giant parking lot in the middle of Florida!

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The Skill competition will consist of:

Epic Pro Bowl Dodgeball presented by Pepsi: Pro Bowlers will compete in a game of dodgeball, with every member of each team participating. The team with the last person on the court wins.

Kick-Tac-Toe: A new challenge that tests the accuracy of placekickers from both conferences with a version of the classic game, as they attempt to hit a 3x3 grid of targets inside the uprights.

Gridiron Gauntlet: Five players from each team will participate in a relay race designed to showcase strength, speed, and agility. Among other surprises, the challenge will include a 40-yard dash with an inflated parachute that is attached to the first player on each team who will sprint before tagging in teammates.

Best Hands presented by EA SPORTS Madden NFL 18: Four receivers – two from each conference – will catch a series of passes at a sequence of downfield targets as quickly as possible. Designated targets require a specific style of catch – diving, one-handed, over the shoulder, etc. – which must be executed before the receiver can move on to the next target.

Precision Passing presented by EA SPORTS Madden NFL 18: Each conference’s quarterbacks will battle it out in an accuracy competition, as they attempt to hit targets of varying size and distance.

Drone Drop Challenge: A bonus event during which one player from each team will attempt to catch footballs dropped from drones from increasing heights above the field. The player who makes the highest catch wins money for the charity of his choice.

Nov 6, 2002

Pro Bowl should be American Gladiator style. NFL players taking on shlubs.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Pack it up now. The future is bleak Patsailures.

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/955449997981609984

Nov 6, 2002

New England made all of four picks, and their first wasn't until deep in the third, and he tore his ACL in August. So yeah.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Thats because we had like 3 draft picks this year. And one of them was out until week 17

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I didn't think anything of it when it was posted last night, but the replies to the Empire State Building tweet are pretty great:

https://twitter.com/EmpireStateBldg/status/955269818986500097

Giants and Jets fans are pretty non-plussed by the whole thing.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kalli posted:

I didn't think anything of it when it was posted last night, but the replies to the Empire State Building tweet are pretty great:

https://twitter.com/EmpireStateBldg/status/955269818986500097

Giants and Jets fans are pretty non-plussed by the whole thing.

Whats kind of funny is that they are also both the Giants and Jets colors

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol the Knicks lost to the Lakers

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Sucks that they moved the Pro Bowl to between the Conference games and SB, should have just kept it afterwards as the All Star game...

Also I dont want to wait 2 weeks for the SB.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

kalli, i can tell you a fact about the pro bowl

it sucks

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Diva Cupcake posted:

Barnett was a rotation player
Douglas played well when Darby was hurt only to be benched since
Hollins is a gunner and should be taking Smith's snaps

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

TRUMP!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Jared Goff, Pro Bowl Quarterback

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i love the assumption that nobody reading this can recognize nick foles, even wearing eagles gear and being the only other person pictured besides brady

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Kalli posted:

Pro Bowl Special Rules:

No blitz

Why even bother at this point? Just make the Pro Bowl the skills competition and come up with some Home Run Derby-esque thing to do.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

axeil posted:

Why even bother at this point? Just make the Pro Bowl the skills competition and come up with some Home Run Derby-esque thing to do.

The game will suck no matter what, but yeah that list of rules is so bad.

The one thing they should do is make every all-pro not actively in surgery and every award winner show up, (including the SB players) for a pre-game ceremony where they hand out all the awards and give them a good tug off.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Pro Bowl should just be a weekend of all the best players playing pickup Baseball and Volleyball games, maybe a game of flag football. Just make it fun and light.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If the NFL offered to let you suit up and take a hit from an NFL player if you signed a medical waiver, how many people would do it?

Just something like the Jackass skit except you get like really thick football pads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTdRXMKh7VI

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Barnett was a rotation player
Douglas played well when Darby was hurt only to be benched since
Hollins is a gunner and should be taking Smith's snaps

Pretty sure Hollins will be eventually taking over for Torrey Smith as they have the same speedy profile.

They mentioned this on the broadcast but the Eagles are amazingly not really worrying about FAs next year. The only FAs on the team are Blount, who is probably going to leave, and Ellerbe, a backup LB pressed into service after the Hicks injury. Both have played well but I figure the Eagles focus more on Ellerbe as they have more than enough RBs right now.

This is going to be a really exciting Super Bowl. I'll also watch the skills competition if it's as good as the Joey_Harrington.gif days. Is it?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

axeil posted:

Pretty sure Hollins will be eventually taking over for Torrey Smith as they have the same speedy profile.

They mentioned this on the broadcast but the Eagles are amazingly not really worrying about FAs next year. The only FAs on the team are Blount, who is probably going to leave, and Ellerbe, a backup LB pressed into service after the Hicks injury. Both have played well but I figure the Eagles focus more on Ellerbe as they have more than enough RBs right now.

This is going to be a really exciting Super Bowl. I'll also watch the skills competition if it's as good as the Joey_Harrington.gif days. Is it?

Im gonna be sad when Chris Long leaves next year :smith:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

axeil posted:

Dodgeball could be really good. Back in the day there was a weird impromptu kicker competition with Vinatieri and... David Akers I think that was pretty great, so maybe the tic-tac-toe thing is okay.

The drone drop sounds dumb as hell except for when I get drunk and just say "so that's what it's like to be an Afghani wedding" to nobody in particular.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

No Butt Stuff posted:

My wife saw a commercial for it the other day and goes "I'm surprised you don't watch that" and then I spent 45 minutes describing what a stupid poo poo show the probowl was.

Anyway, we watch TV separately in the evenings now.

Sooooo is the divorce back on because of that comment?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kalli posted:

Dodgeball could be really good. Back in the day there was a weird impromptu kicker competition with Vinatieri and... David Akers I think that was pretty great, so maybe the tic-tac-toe thing is okay.

The drone drop sounds dumb as hell except for when I get drunk and just say "so that's what it's like to be an Afghani wedding" to nobody in particular.

Dodgeball was fun to watch last year. OBJ made a bunch of competitions fun to just watch because he's hype as gently caress even when he lost the hands competition.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

pubic works project posted:

Sooooo is the divorce back on because of that comment?

we got dangerously close, but i think i'm going to let her see the error of her ways. It's like... how do you not think Travis Kelce is a mega-douche? LOOK AT HIM.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

No Butt Stuff posted:

we got dangerously close, but i think i'm going to let her see the error of her ways. It's like... how do you not think Travis Kelce is a mega-douche? LOOK AT HIM.

What are her opinions on the Chiefs drafting Tyreek Hill?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

What are her opinions on the Chiefs drafting Tyreek Hill?

i don't think she knows/cares anything about him except "his hair looks like a spider"

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I wrote up a whole thing about the Eagles picks but it's not worth the effort. Suffice to say, Derek Barnett had a strip sack in the NFC Championship game and this tweet is very stupid.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Ah two whole weeks to post gently caress THE PATRIOTS every day.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The real tragedy will be when the dynasty ends and y'all will have to find some other team to moan about.

(also, go Patriots.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Point shaving?

• Locked thread