Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Let's just hope Scandinavian Kongo is far more peaceful than Belgian Kongo was...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I really need a flag for Yomi.

I made a crude one replacing the British Flag for a Japanese one but realized you can't upload .tga files to Imgur. :negative:

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Unfortunate that Admiral Shimamura's service was short lived, however any good Japanese officer has a faithful son to continue a fine legacy. Consider Admiral Takae Shimamura ready to serve the emperor like his father before him! If no one else requests such, he'll be willing to lead the Suez patrol fleet.

On a more policy related note: The Philippines remain an unsightly Spanish blob in the middle of the Japanese Empire, it should be removed. Otherwise either doubling down on the industrial buildup is always an option, or there's the still uncolonized DaiViet to sweep up and give an opening into southern china and the massive labor available there.

scavy131 fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 5, 2018

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Alright, here's a .png.

And here's the .tga: https://ufile.io/it3yl

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
what about the sun rising and silhouetting a wallaby or something

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Digging this LP! I move we take that chunk of British Canda on the West Coast. Because the US won't get cores on that, right? Plus it reduces border gore.

A photograph from one of the Japanese delegations to Egypt to negotiate the lease of the land for the Suez Canal:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

At this rate there won't be rival countries for Hearts of Iron IV. Is it technically possible to unify the world in Victoria II?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Randalor posted:

At this rate there won't be rival countries for Hearts of Iron IV. Is it technically possible to unify the world in Victoria II?

Oh the UK, USA, and France could still give me a major asskicking. When great wars are unlocked, we will see where we are at. The success we enjoy has almost entirely been at th expense of picking off secondary powers or Great Powers being too wrapped up in Europe.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug

Randalor posted:

Is it technically possible to unify the world in Victoria II?
Possible, definitely. Tough, and sometimes requires skirting the line of exploits. Some reddit guy pulled it off with Greece, so even smaller nations can swing it with careful play and an unhealthy fascist fascination.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

what about the sun rising and silhouetting a wallaby or something

I mean, there's not a lot of space to work with since the image is so small plus the Japanese traditionally didn't make their own flags for their occupied lands. They either used the national flag or their original flag. :shrug: I can try to whip something up, but I'll need to find suitable images first.

Speaking of which, I altered the flag so it now has red instead of blue in the main part.

https://ufile.io/96xh9

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Mighty Uruguay :black101:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Who owns New Zealand?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Veloxyll posted:

Who owns New Zealand?

New Zealand is nominally independent

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wow i've never seen someone have that good of luck with the Egyptian events.

Jalak
Nov 23, 2013
I've never once, in all of my play-throughs of Vikky, have ever seen America go colonial in Africa. How did that even happen?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Are you playing with the 3.0.4 beta patch that Wiz and Podcat put out as a final gift to V2 players like five years ago?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Top Hats Monthly posted:

New Zealand is nominally independent

Fix that. They should be flying the rising sun along with the rest of the eastern world.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

was i one of the 1 million who died

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Add New Zealand to your collection of islands in the pacific right now!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Sphere NZ, wait for them to collapse and seize your assets, then puppet them for free

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
While NZ would increase our share in the Wool market, moving into the Philippines, Dutch indies and southeast Asia would be much more beneficial as tropical woods and rubber would greatly aid the economy and that extra manpower would be very appreciated. The Europeans have the advantage of a head start, so we must industrialize faster and with a larger workforce if we wish to surpass them.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Okay, council meeting

Political control of Oceania and South East Asia

Should we move towards a non militaristic stance of sphering nations and incorporating them into our economic structure

OR

Continue to use force of arms to directly subsume nations into Japan

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Keep up the murder train

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Subjugated Oceania and Minor States and Kill our Larger Foes

Edit: Why waste good Japanese lives on islands no one has even heard of when diplomacy could achieve the same. Save the heroes for the fights against China and Russia!

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 5, 2018

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Why not both? We can continue sphering more peripheral nations or those that border other GPs, like Burma, NZ, parts of Africa and so on, and Militarily incorporate areas closer, like the Philippines, Vietnam, Dutch Indies and parts of China.

It's just a matter of defining where we'd like the buffer states to be for the Greater Prosperity Sphere.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Admirals seem to live for only ten, fifteen years at most in Vicky 2, it feels like sometimes.
Either way, Saruwatari Yoshihide is following his grandfather's footsteps as Admiral of the Imperial Japanese Navy. He advocates heavily armouring steam vessels, or even building ships entirely out of iron and steel, so they might dread nothing and laugh off all attempts to destroy them.

I also vote for Both, if possible. Otherwise, sphere as possible.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The phillipines has 3 million or so inhabitants. An island chain that large that bisects our home possessions and our colony's cannot be allowed. It posses an existential threat to our ability to ship and receive supplies in the event of war. Annex the Philippines under arms, and use it as a colonial base to sphere the less significant regions in the Indies. We also need to take the Indies to secure our selves in the region but as weak as Spain and the Dutch are we can wait on that until we're ready to fight another civilized country.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Sphere Oceana, conquer SEA

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Why should some European king have his name plastered over our maps? Rename them Tokugawenes.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Annex the Philippines, then begin 1000 years of peace and prosperity!

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

What will you say when your child asks:
Why didn't you take every island in the Pacific by any means necessary?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

As a more long term goal we're going to need to seize Hawaii. The US is shaping up to be quite the superpower and cutting off their access to the Pacific is going to be the only way to ensure Japanese hegemony over the region in the long term.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Gaius Marius posted:

As a more long term goal we're going to need to seize Hawaii. The US is shaping up to be quite the superpower and cutting off their access to the Pacific is going to be the only way to ensure Japanese hegemony over the region in the long term.

Agreed, particularly if the US hasn't done so yet. If they have sphered/annexed it, then we may want to kick that ball down the road a few years until the Philippines are consolidated, but I'm all for moving as far east as Hawaii with our Pacific expansion. But SE Asia and the (soon to be) Chinese Provinces are where the real money is to be made.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

sphering is a goddamn tedious process and more importantly doesn't make maps any prettier

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
You've done the conquering thing pretty well lets see if you can do it the other way.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

cokerpilot posted:

You've done the conquering thing pretty well lets see if you can do it the other way.

Sphering is a cool mechanic but would make for a really dull lp. We should be influencing Indo China and other states that don't see a strategic risk to our interests.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Sphere while you lick your wounds, then go for blood when your people have made more warm bodies to March forth for glory.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Randalor posted:

Sphere while you lick your wounds, then go for blood when your people have made more warm bodies to March forth for glory.

This. Anything you plan on invading, sphere. Oceania, East Asia, India, etc.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Randalor posted:

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

So the plan then is to probably wait while our armies and navies rebuild, work on sphering and reducing infamy, then going to bat against Spain, I think total SEA hegemony is out of the question, but if we wait until great wars start it is possible.

• Locked thread