Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
check out this tweet that was promoted at me today that is from 4 days ago

https://twitter.com/sainsburys/status/979059222280273922

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Macron long-term. He's been held up as the poster boy for electable centrism by various centrist melts, but all he's managed so far is to tank his popularity with everyone except the far right who he's courted by promising tough action on asylum seekers. I can see his bubble bursting hard at the next election.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Jose posted:

I refuse to believe anyone asked

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

jabby posted:

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Macron long-term. He's been held up as the poster boy for electable centrism by various centrist melts, but all he's managed so far is to tank his popularity with everyone except the far right who he's courted by promising tough action on asylum seekers. I can see his bubble bursting hard at the next election.

Dude's going to Hollande himself hard.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Gerry Adams has called for Ireland to expel Israeli ambassadors and I'm not sure if it's an April fools thing or one man's lifelong commitment to irl trolling.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Cerebral Bore posted:

Dude's going to Hollande himself hard.

He’s busy invading Italy to drug test migrants

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

jabby posted:

His supposed ascendancy was a byproduct of the actual left being so dysfunctional they didn't make it to the final voting round - no one ever questions the fact that the vast majority of voters were just voting against the loving Nazis instead of for the idiot. The press and centerist politicians worldwide gave him the most ludicrous tongue bath afterwards that inflated his already colossal big head even further. Motherfucker was comparing himself to Jupiter.

The reason he's doing and saying awful things is because the only people he can make inroads with are the right wing, everyone else loathes the prick.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Jose posted:

Pffft. You can get a much better workout by just filling two baskets with cider and doing a farmer's carry as you shop. Do rows while you stop to decide which super noodle flavours to buy.

Also you buy the cider.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jose posted:

I refuse to believe this isn't an April Fool's joke

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."

Jose posted:

I saw half the new Ricky Gervais netflix show last night and it's absolutely dire

You sound offended. Did he trigger you? Did he? Are you offended. :sad: [/Gervais]

Seriously though if you even so much as mention his name on twitter he will get up in your mentions to defend his honour and his free speech.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Not Operator posted:

Pffft. You can get a much better workout by just filling two baskets with cider and doing a farmer's carry as you shop. Do rows while you stop to decide which super noodle flavours to buy.

Also you buy the cider.

Right, we're having this out right now.

Best Super Noodle flavour and why.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Jose posted:

I hope they permanently lock the brakes so I can get a real workout.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

You put the super noodles back on the shelf and get Nongshim's finest

E:f,b

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/J_VoiceUK/status/980419501543051264

lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Chicken chow mein, wang a little bit of ketchup in there as well and Bob's your uncle

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm glad this thread recognizes the majesty of Nongshim.

Protip: You can get 5 of the bigger packets on ebay for £6.

Also there's Samyang if you really hate your digestive tract. I really like spicy food and even I don't gently caress around and only put half the packet of sauce into them.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Does anyone have any good material or book recommendations about the gender wage gap? I know several people who are skeptical if not outright hostile, and keep explaining to me about how hiring and pay structures are actually indiscriminate, but SOCIAL CHOICES and MATERNITY LEAVE are responsible for the gap. Which doesn't seem to me absolution for anything on a societal level, but firm-wise I don't know.

We had several recruitment rounds for senior roles and maybe 5% of applicants were women. What's the right thing to do for a company? Schemes for undergraduate women (or secondary school) to encourage participation from the beginning?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Rarity posted:

Chicken chow mein, wang a little bit of ketchup in there as well and Bob's your uncle

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Also there's Samyang if you really hate your digestive tract. I really like spicy food and even I don't gently caress around and only put half the packet of sauce into them.

It deserves what it's getting.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Edison was a dick posted:

It deserves what it's getting.

When you're hunched over, expelling what feels like high pressure liquid tear gas, don't say you weren't warned.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Ravel posted:

Does anyone have any good material or book recommendations about the gender wage gap? I know several people who are skeptical if not outright hostile, and keep explaining to me about how hiring and pay structures are actually indiscriminate, but SOCIAL CHOICES and MATERNITY LEAVE are responsible for the gap. Which doesn't seem to me absolution for anything on a societal level, but firm-wise I don't know.

We had several recruitment rounds for senior roles and maybe 5% of applicants were women. What's the right thing to do for a company? Schemes for undergraduate women (or secondary school) to encourage participation from the beginning?

quotas are the practice with the best record of proven effectiveness

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Are these things vegetarian? The internet can't seem to decide and I've been eating them for months so uuuuuhhhhh

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Praseodymi posted:

Are these things vegetarian? The internet can't seem to decide and I've been eating them for months so uuuuuhhhhh

Nope. Beef bone stock and beef tallow on the ingredients list.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Nope. Beef bone stock and beef tallow on the ingredients list.

I've got one in front of me and there's definitely nothing like that on there.

EDIT: Just spotted anchovies on there though. Fish can get hosed until I'm done with these ones then.

Praseodymi fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 1, 2018

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
I used to buy a tub of gochujang and some regular dried noodles, soba or rice noodles preferred. Chuck some garlic, ginger, chilli flakes, and dried onion in a pan with some rapeseed, or peanut oil, swirl it about as it sizzles for 30 seconds, optionally add meat at this point or skip ahead and just dollop in a big spoonful of gochujang and stir it all up. Don't forget to boil the kettle and dunk the dried noodles in for 2-3 minutes then rinse under cold water to get rid of excess starch. Add them to the pan full of sauce and optionally add more flavours. Ketchup if lazy, fruity bbq and soy sauce if you like it sweet, sriracha for a touch more heat. fresh veg always works well tossed in at this point and If you cooked chicken or pork in the sauce then a good finisher is scotch bonnet jamaican style BBQ sauce and a handful of cheese thrown on top. Whack it under the grill until the cheese melts and serve.

Even bought a £12 carbon steel wok from amazon that was perfect on a regular gas cooker or one of those portable barbecues, and a heat gun works fine for melting the cheese. Whole meal would cook in less than 20 minutes and was even faster if you used leftover meat from a roast dinner.

I miss cooking, it's a lot harder since the latest round of back surgery. Bought some vital wheat gluten to try and make seitan as a cheap meat substitute a few weeks back but it's a case of too much pain or not enough energy to try anything with it, even that recipe for vegan bbq ribs that's supposed to be piss easy.

Also for the scots this was just posted in the stupid music poo poo thread. http://blog.reddogmusic.co.uk/2018/03/30/akai-the-noo/ Seems an obvious April fools except it was posted to the site on the 30th.

Verizian fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 1, 2018

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Not Operator posted:

He identifies as an "Alt-Centrist" so haha.

A man very passionate about the fact that nothing can be changed.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Katt posted:

A man very passionate about the fact that nothing can be changed.

As always, the best explanation of centrism is "Bad things are bad but the causes of bad things are good"

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Scarfolk/status/980384689461628929

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm glad this thread recognizes the majesty of Nongshim.

Protip: You can get 5 of the bigger packets on ebay for £6.

Tradewinds in Scunthorpe does a box of 20 Nongshim Kimchi-flavour ramen packets for £12. They do sell on eBay but shipping kind of cancels out the savings.

Same-ish noodles in Tesco are 95p.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Curry, chicken or chow mein probably. This is less to do with them being especialy good, and more to do with a lot of the other flavours being very bad.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/980404651735552000

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They could see if the nazi pug is available, but I think it already has a regular column in the Mail.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

This goon gets it.

Past advice of "get the most Asian looking noodles you can find" is a solid backup.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

They could see if the nazi pug is available, but I think it already has a regular column in the Mail.

What, this one?

https://twitter.com/JournoStephen

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Not Operator posted:

Curry, chicken or chow mein probably. This is less to do with them being especialy good, and more to do with a lot of the other flavours being very bad.

Curry and chicken cooked together in a big pan to make chicken curry noodles.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

jabby posted:

Who was the last 'successful' french president? All I hear of them is when they crash and burn

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That's perfect. Daisley is such a wank

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Who was the last 'successful' french president? All I hear of them is when they crash and burn

In terms of not being universally hated, maybe Pompidou? De Gaulle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Do you guys got these?

they're amazing

• Locked thread