Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

achtungnight posted:

The power walkers had weapons in the original version of the game. Seeing 5 guys walking towards you brandishing clubs is a pretty good way to know you got trouble coming, and it was amusing seeing them repeatedly try to run their injury con.

I thought they were going to have for weapons, otherwise why take Kiriyu to a different location for the same fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I like how apparently Kiryu can psychically absorb people's names through punching them.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

malkav11 posted:

I like how apparently Kiryu can psychically absorb people's names through punching them.
If anime has taught me anything, it is that the only way to truly know someone is through battle.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I remembered that pickpocket's "I am the master of an ancient art of assassins!" line, so I went back to the second video and checked the name on the life bar.

Yep, exact same guy who stole the ring from you 10 years ago.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

chitoryu12 posted:

I remembered that pickpocket's "I am the master of an ancient art of assassins!" line, so I went back to the second video and checked the name on the life bar.

Yep, exact same guy who stole the ring from you 10 years ago.

:allears:

Holy poo poo that rules.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Maybe it wasn’t just padding. I bet this guy appears in future Kiwami games too.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't believe it took so long to get to the main part of the game!

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 12, 2018

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Pocket racing hasn’t changed much from Yakuza 0. I wonder if more of the old gang will show up.

And Bacchus is the Roman God of Wine, so it’s not a bad name for a bar really. Ares, though, that doesn’t make sense to me, but whatever. We’ll see what it’s like when Kiryu gets there.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

achtungnight posted:

And Bacchus is the Roman God of Wine, so it’s not a bad name for a bar really.
A couple episodes back, someone on the street can be overheard saying something like "The god of wine..." Presumably you could talk to them and hear about Bacchus. I thought that was a nice touch.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Kiryu should have totally kept the glasses. He looked awesome with them in Yakuza 0.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 15, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish you had just overlaid some Dead or Alive gameplay on the minigame.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Ozeki One Cup sake is available everywhere in Japan (and even here in the States). It comes in a convenient glass with a peel-off metal lid.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hirayuki posted:

Ozeki One Cup sake is available everywhere in Japan (and even here in the States). It comes in a convenient glass with a peel-off metal lid.

Oh yeah, I think Azasu in NYC sells those (along with other canned sakes). I was going to hit it up in about two weeks.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Also, this anti-cheating poster in the arcade window is amazing:

I couldn't find any evidence of it being real, but oh, man, what if it is? :allears:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

To answer Jobbo, I don't believe there's a slot car anime but there's an anime-style Android game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13W8dfRvN4M

This guy posted that Japanese toy stores (even in an airport) may have a slot car track with rental cars.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 16, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Oh, it looks like both Part 10 videos are set to Unlisted on YouTube? You can't find them from your main channel page.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Oh, it looks like both Part 10 videos are set to Unlisted on YouTube? You can't find them from your main channel page.

Uhhhhhhhhh whoops, I guess I forgot to hit the "Public" button on those. My bad!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Today I learned that Mesu King is based off of a real Sega arcade game, Mushi King, and I'm super upset that we got Mesu King instead of the actual thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waRCdcOmEJs

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm surprised there isn't an achievement for beating Majima up with his own giant novelty hiding place.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Between the pocket circuit and MesuKing, I'm pretty sure Kiryu would be a brony.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

Between the pocket circuit and MesuKing, I'm pretty sure Kiryu would be a brony.

And his personal fave pony is probably Rarity. They got the same fashion sense and tendency to throw lots of money and time into helping others.

drat it, you got me shipping this now. I can also see Kiryu as an Earth Pony with the Dragon of Dojima tattoo as his cutie mark.

Yes, I'm a brony, and I'm proud enough of it to be shrugging off whatever you think.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

chitoryu12 posted:

To answer Jobbo, I don't believe there's a slot car anime but there's an anime-style Android game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13W8dfRvN4M

This guy posted that Japanese toy stores (even in an airport) may have a slot car track with rental cars.

Wouldn't a slot car anime be Crush Gear Turbo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o-akGVzhD4

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The best thumbnail :allears:

Also, I've been playing the original Yakuza this past week (and recording it, so I might even do an LP at some point if I feel like it) and noticed that Kiwami slightly fleshes out the side missions. For example, in the one with the yakuza-hating guy you just beat him up and that's it, and the power walking thugs just run off instead of luring you to the alley in their epilogue.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 13:28 on May 18, 2018

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I so wish we could challenge Majima in Virtua Fighter... Oh well.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Please tell me Majima shows up at the pocket racing. Or the stupid crane game. :allears:

raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012

Poil posted:

Please tell me Majima shows up at the pocket racing. Or the stupid crane game. :allears:
Boy do I have some news for you. :rms:

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Video's unlisted.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I’m so bad at this. :negative:

Its public now.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I really don't get slot car racing. Wouldn't it just come down to who has the better toy car? At least in actual racing you have to actually be good at driving and stuff so you don't crash.

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

Flesnolk posted:

I really don't get slot car racing. Wouldn't it just come down to who has the better toy car? At least in actual racing you have to actually be good at driving and stuff so you don't crash.
Accelerating at the right times is important, so you maximize your accel without losing the track. As a kid, it was far too tempting to detail the car

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Flesnolk posted:

This is why you aren't a Fighter.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ChaosArgate posted:

I’m so bad at this. :negative:

Its public now.

At least Jobbo is worse. I don't think he's remembered to unlist a single one of his LP videos.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I used to keep my LP videos unlisted on purpose to prevent youtube randos from posting spoilers and/or abuse in the comments, but then I realized nobody was watching those videos anyway so it didn't matter. :v:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Doc Morbid posted:

I used to keep my LP videos unlisted on purpose to prevent youtube randos from posting spoilers and/or abuse in the comments, but then I realized nobody was watching those videos anyway so it didn't matter. :v:

Mods please delete this post so I can have a good excuse.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Mods please delete this post so I can have a good excuse.

It's the perfect excuse to keep lowering the quality of your videos though.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
After looking up the actual MesuKing cards and gameplay, I can safely say thank you so much for not showing them.

Oh my god that's uncomfortable to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

White Coke posted:

It's the perfect excuse to keep lowering the quality of your videos though.

well thats just mean :(