Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
WTF is this noise about Khalil Mack going to the Packers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Nothing. They have two first round picks, cap space, and the relationship with Mckenzie so it gets made up poo poo buzzing.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
It’s me, I’m making the noise in vain hope

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

just detach clay mathews' torso and attach it to nick perry's legs to create one whole OLB

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 15, 2018

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

boop the snoot posted:

I think Jay Cutler is the greatest QB of all time. Just not at QBing.

Prove me wrong.

Can't.

Also, Kevin White will blow his knee out (again) on an eight yard slant, which will bounce off his hands for a near interception. This is how it's foretold.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

I think Jay Cutler is the greatest QB of all time. Just not at QBing.

Prove me wrong.

“I'm happy with the results,” Cutler said. “I've supported Trump for a while. I'm not going to dive into it, I know it's a sensitive issue, but I like where it's going.”

I mean of course Cutler's a trump guy but the Canonical Cutler should not be aware that there is a president.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

I mean of course Cutler's a trump guy but the Canonical Cutler should not be aware that there is a president.

Canonical Cutler should think the president is still whoever the president was when he was in 3rd grade.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

R.D. Mangles posted:

“I'm happy with the results,” Cutler said. “I've supported Trump for a while. I'm not going to dive into it, I know it's a sensitive issue, but I like where it's going.”

Cutler pushing for the removal of stigma from watersports

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/PackerScribe/status/1026976586086723584

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/saxyprince/status/1029833111864074241?s=21

hughes remains an intriguing pick to me. on the one hand, it was kind of a vanity pick given the Vikings dire need for at G, depth at CB and how slow they usually take CBs as well. not necessarily a BPA situation either, given the Guards still on the board at 30.

on the other hand, he’s looked fantastic at training camp, earning raves from teammates and unprompted and unqualified praise from Zimmer which rarely happens for vets, even less for rookies and almost never for rookie CBs. his hips are incredible and he’s done well sticking with receivers, practically running their routes along side them.

i mean, the Vikings oline is still a major concern and could very much derail the season given the quality of d-lines in their schedule. but i guess if you’re going to bypass a glaring need , it stings less so long as you nail the pick.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I have been in Green Bay for a week, and the local fan base is so drat fat.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

AsInHowe posted:

I have been in Green Bay for a week, and the local fan base is so drat fat.

literally everyone in america is fat as poo poo because of the corn syrup and grains pumped into absolutely everything we eat, and yet wisconsin manages to be one of the less obese states in the great lakes region lol

the vikings win out here though. guess there's something to being removed from civilization and having to trudge through months of freezing cold every year

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Midwestern people are loving gigantic fat fucks.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

You mean modern humanity for the most part. I was watching the Packers game last night though, and those crowd shots were fascinating.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

SKULL.GIF posted:

literally everyone in america is fat as poo poo because of the corn syrup and grains pumped into absolutely everything we eat, and yet wisconsin manages to be one of the less obese states in the great lakes region lol

the vikings win out here though. guess there's something to being removed from civilization and having to trudge through months of freezing cold every year

Wisconsin has Madison, which seems to be a lot healthier then the other major local areas of Wisconsin. Green Bay and Milwaukee, especially Green Bay, are humongous.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Im built for power tyvm :colbert:

Like I'm gonna power through some nachos when I get home! :420:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

My takeaways from last night's preseason game, which is about as good a look at the first team as we'll get until September:

• Graham is as advertised
  • I feel really positive about the young players on the defense after watching Jackson, Gilbert, and Burks have a great night
  • I'm worried about the OL, especially after McCray's injury. Left side seems to be established but right side may be a weakness.
  • Kumerow's probably gonna make the team unless he vanishes entirely in the next two weeks

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
For what it's worth, I read that both McCray and Williams could've went back into the game had it not been preseason and their injuries are minor.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I can't see how Biegel is going to make the team. He's looked terrible. And our OLB depth is terribly thin.

I hope we get Khalil Mack

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Packers first team defense had a huge problem dealing with the Steelers offensive line and those chunk runs from Connor and Tussaint looked really bad. If I'm not mistaken the second Steelers possession of the game they drove down the entire field and into the end zone via the run. Chunk runs every one, and the d line wasn't getting off their blocks and rarely soaking up two. It should definitely be better in the regular season, Mike Daniels wasn't in there (although he was giving a hilarious interview about anime on the sideline) but it sure looked like a big weakness

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Play posted:

Packers first team defense had a huge problem dealing with the Steelers offensive line and those chunk runs from Connor and Tussaint looked really bad. If I'm not mistaken the second Steelers possession of the game they drove down the entire field and into the end zone via the run. Chunk runs every one, and the d line wasn't getting off their blocks and rarely soaking up two. It should definitely be better in the regular season, Mike Daniels wasn't in there (although he was giving a hilarious interview about anime on the sideline) but it sure looked like a big weakness

Losing Ryan was a big deal for specifically the run defense, he was even better than Martinez last season at stopping the run.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Also Kizer looked great in this game. By my count he only missed two throw all night, with most of the incompletions being drops or really good coverage. Made some nice deep throws too. If it's between Kizer and Hundley, keep Kizer. Hundley is a lie

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I really hope Tonyan makes the team

https://twitter.com/DustyEvely/status/1030532112573779968

Play
Apr 25, 2006

He made a couple really nice catches from Kizer too, one for a touchdown right after that play

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

My takeaways from last night's preseason game, which is about as good a look at the first team as we'll get until September:

• Graham is as advertised
  • I feel really positive about the young players on the defense after watching Jackson, Gilbert, and Burks have a great night
  • I'm worried about the OL, especially after McCray's injury. Left side seems to be established but right side may be a weakness.
  • Kumerow's probably gonna make the team unless he vanishes entirely in the next two weeks

I saw some comments that Mo Wilkerson was getting moved around a little to easy by OLs but not sure how true that was play-to-play?

also, yup, Graham definitely looks to be the RZ target he used to be.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I'm giving the defense a pass in the preseason since we're apparently not doing any major blitzing or showing anything interesting. And Daniels is going to shake up how teams block.

I am worried as gently caress about oline depth though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/_MarcusD2_/status/1031362664780505089

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Don't flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I have some hard hitting analysis you complete morons

Aaron Rodgers is good

Don’t believe me? Watch this preseason.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Spot on.

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2018-green-bay-packers-1828354098

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I'm the 450lbs man mourning Jordy Nelson

e: I really enjoy his new "Remember a guy who sucked" section because it got me to think about this: https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/7/18/5915825/remember-that-time-najeh-davenport-pooped-in-a-hamper

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 20, 2018

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I wish the wiki was still up. There was a good techmo bowl gif of 8bit Najeh pooping in a hamper on the field.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

The one that hits closest to home is "The St. Louis Cardinals fanbase of the NFL". Wisconsin is not really a hillbilly backwater compared to MN though, Wisconsin went for Trump by less than a percent and MN went for Hillary by 1.4%. Steel yourselves MN, Koch money is coming to destroy your state too.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

I'm the 450lbs man mourning Jordy Nelson

e: I really enjoy his new "Remember a guy who sucked" section because it got me to think about this: https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/7/18/5915825/remember-that-time-najeh-davenport-pooped-in-a-hamper

Lmao, needed that, thank you

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/dustyevely/status/1031568423938076675?s=21

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1031589257670885376

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Pops Mgee posted:

I wish the wiki was still up.
:( :hf: :(

Pops Mgee posted:

There was a good techmo bowl gif of 8bit Najeh pooping in a hamper on the field.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Yessssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I always get a kick out of people in identical states talking poo poo to each other