Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Quite possibly the worst quarterbacked game in a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/oddsshark/status/1057360266877394944?s=21

These odds are sad, Phillip Lindsay is outplaying Saquon Barkley

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shirts and skins posted:

He's so fantastic, and ditching him is the personnel move that Seattle fans seem to regret the most (even with those persistent rumors of, uh, other reasons for him leaving). Have fun in Philly, YAC master.

From what’s I saw on Sunday Bobby Wagner has a grudge too cuz Lordy was he giving it to Tate

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

https://twitter.com/oddsshark/status/1057360266877394944?s=21

These odds are sad, Phillip Lindsay is outplaying Saquon Barkley

Can't tell if you're serious so I'll just say no. He's not.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm not upset about the Eagles trading for Tate, but it also doesn't really seem like it addresses the team's issues so :shrug:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

kiimo posted:

He has a full extra yard of YPC on Barkley

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kiimo posted:

He kind of is, especially in pure rushing. He has more yards, less attempts, and a full extra yard per rushing attempt. He also knows how to hit the drat hole and pick up downhill yards in a way that Saquon still isn't great at. Lindsay would definitely get my vote

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Here's the Rams move that makes room for Fowler

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1057365505294557184

Anyone want an average starting guard?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

poo poo yeah

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Have you seen a giants game?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

DariusLikewise posted:

They couldn't find a trade partner in a league desperate for o-linemen?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Nobody should watch the Giants, which is another negative for Barkley cause he's gonna force people to do so for ROTY voting

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Quite possibly the worst quarterbacked game in a decade.

Since that Panthers/Bears game where Caleb Hanie and Todd Collins dueled with Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen in 2010, maybe. Nothing's gonna top that for a lonnnnnnnng time.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I have not, actually. Still not hard to reason out that Lindsay is having a better year.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

They couldn't find a trade partner in a league desperate for o-linemen?

I wonder if it was a timing thing, they probably had to make a roster spot when trading for Fowler to let the trade go through.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

a neat cape posted:

Chargers will be one of them. They've already said they're giving up a "home" game for an international game in 2019.

What's a Chargers home game again?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

What the gently caress?? Couldn't they find someone else to dump? I hate hate hate this move. You can never have enough back up O linemen and just because they've been really lucky healthwise in that group doesn't mean that will continue forever.

And not even getting anything for him? Boo. What did they give for Fowler anyways

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

What the gently caress?? Couldn't they find someone else to dump? I hate hate hate this move. You can never have enough back up O linemen and just because they've been really lucky healthwise in that group doesn't mean that will continue forever.

And not even getting anything for him? Boo. What did they give for Fowler anyways

Yeah I thought they would have waived that wide receiver they picked up when Kupp got hurt. Brown was really really good depth if nothing else.

2019 3rd and 2020 5th for Fowler

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Its Rinaldo posted:

From what’s I saw on Sunday Bobby Wagner has a grudge too cuz Lordy was he giving it to Tate

Haha yeah he was giving it to him, that was funny as hell.

Rams going allllll in. Going to be some really interesting decisions in the next couple of years there. But I remember somebody trying to razz me with that line on the Seahawks in 2014 or so. "You can't pay everybody!" He was right of course, but I didn't give a gently caress and still don't. We won a Super Bowl! I'll take that trade off any time, and I bet Rams fans would too.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm not upset about the Eagles trading for Tate, but it also doesn't really seem like it addresses the team's issues so :shrug:

Addresses the issue of not having a no2 receiver. Also Tate is a good deep threat isn't he?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jags should have traded Fowler for Teddy when the Jets offered it.

imo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I'm sorry the Broncos are not using him correctly. When you say "outplaying" and base it on YPC you are basically saying his potential is better. I'm not against that.

But as far as actual production I feel like this is one of the few times that fantasy numbers can tell the story of who is outplaying whom.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Rest In Piss Sashi

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/1057362075213807616

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

kiimo posted:

I'm sorry the Broncos are not using him correctly. When you say "outplaying" and base it on YPC you are basically saying his potential is better. I'm not against that.

But as far as actual production I feel like this is one of the few times that fantasy numbers can tell the story of who is outplaying whom.

It’s a good point that Barkley has been a far better receiver, that’s true

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Trading Dix for a fourth just seems weirdly pointless.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Major Ryan posted:

What's a Chargers home game again?

Ok, game in Los Angeles

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I didn't particularly want him, but since Clinton-Dix is a safety who can walk without pain I'm sort of jealous of Washington.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's good in press?

Or maybe the Chiefs are serious about switching to this zone if Parker can figure out how it works some day.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Addresses the issue of not having a no2 receiver. Also Tate is a good deep threat isn't he?

Not really. He's kind of a slot guy, possession receiver, and YAC guy. He doesn't have the blazing straight-line speed to be a deep threat, but what he does do is convert third downs and turn short passing plays into explosive plays.

kiimo posted:

I hate the idea of volume being the determining factor in this kind of thing. Just because Eli sucks and Barkley gets a million touches every game that makes him the best offensive rookie? I don't agree, obviously. And last year the voters didn't agree with that either, choosing Kamara (who gave the most value every time he touched the ball) over Hunt (most total yards).

Kerryon is a strong contender too. He's at 6.1 Y/A and 466 yards and is probably the most similar kind of player to Kamara.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

CharlestheHammer posted:

Trading Dix for a fourth just seems weirdly pointless.

I mean, we weren't resigning him and he wanted out, and no way the comp pick was going to be higher than a 5th

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Defensive rookie of the year is an interesting race too

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Play posted:

I hate the idea of volume being the determining factor in this kind of thing. Just because Eli sucks and Barkley gets a million touches every game that makes him the best offensive rookie? I don't agree, obviously. And last year the voters didn't agree with that either, choosing Kamara (who gave the most value every time he touched the ball) over Hunt (most total yards).

Kerryon is a strong contender too. He's at 6.1 Y/A and 466 yards and is probably the most similar kind of player to Kamara.

I think the argument is that the entire Giants organization is a complete trash fire, so Barkley managing to get any yards at all while being handicapped by Eli, the O-line and the play calling is worthy of recognition?

Not an argument I'd make, but you could see the reasoning.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I would've liked it if the Chargers traded for HHCD tbh. After all, getting Packer DB castoffs worked really well for us the first time... also, FS is one of the relative few holes on this team since Addae isn't cut out for it, and it's pretty redundant having him as long as Derwin is doing his thing in the box. Oh well.

Play posted:

He kind of is, especially in pure rushing. He has more yards, less attempts, and a full extra yard per rushing attempt. He also knows how to hit the drat hole and pick up downhill yards in a way that Saquon still isn't great at. Lindsay would definitely get my vote

I do want to point out that while the Broncos' o-line isn't any great shakes, the Giants' o-line really is just about the worst one since like, the 2012 Cards. They don't do a single thing well.

EDIT: somebody beat me to it. Ah well.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Yeah there are some studs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Play posted:

Hmmm well I kind of feel like we're arguing more over the meaning of "outplaying". In regards to rookie of the year they're going to go by stats. Kamara had an insane touchdown rate last year. He was practically unstoppable and had 13 tds in limited carries. Even then people were mad that Kamara got it over Kareem.

Lindsay is averaging a lot of yards per carry. But he has three touchdowns and one more receiving. He's not setting any records or setting the league on fire. I mean...I traded for him recently and think he's going to be great. But he's no Kamara.

Lindsay 667 total yards 4 total TD
Barkley 1016 total yards 7 total TD

I just don't think ypc is going to convince anyone that he's more deserving.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I guess I can see the reasoning but I'd much prefer a more surprise candidate. Barkley getting it would basically make it seem like it's been preordained. He's a generational talent, so said everyone, which means that he needs to win OROY so that the narrative continues appropriately.

Don't get me wrong he's been very good. He is very good. I just think there have been some really amazing performances that have impressed me more, especially from a guy like Lindsay who, undrafted, has managed to work his way into the number on RB spot on his team and then absolutely kill it. It wasn't even a sure thing for him to make the team for god's sake! So it's a much different situation from a guy like Barkley who was picked first overall and basically was the number one priority of that offense from day one.

a neat cape posted:

I agree. Chubb is starting to come on, got two sacks and tons of pressures this past week. Daron Payne is another D lineman that looks good. As for the secondary I would say you could put Denzel Ward in that situation, along with Jaire Alexander and Derwin James. At the linebacker spot, Leighton Vander Esch comes to mind.

Some honorable mentions might be Harold Landry, Roquan Smith, Minkah Fitzpatrick. Am I missing anyone?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

in barkley's defense he certainly passes the eyeball test as well.

Much like future All Pro corner Donte "action" Jackson

Play posted:

Some honorable mentions might be Harold Landry, Roquan Smith, Minkah Fitzpatrick. Am I missing anyone?
yeah the likely winner.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1056995843084042240

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Kalli posted:

Oh, Tom Brady threw a block last night, I figure people will enjoy this:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1057068710035361792

I'm still trying to figure this play out. Did they intentionally call a play that required Brady to run as a blocker as some kind of distraction? Brady deciding to step up rather than avoid the contact was kinda cool to watch. If not, then someone really missed the playcall and served TB up on a silver platter for the rush

barnold fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 30, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Alright, Dontae Jackson and I'll throw Damontae Kazee in there because he's got a few picks too. Also I forgot about Darius Leonard who has been making some waves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kazee isnt a rookie so he isnt eligible unfortunately

• Locked thread