Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Wow he spent all of ten minutes defending that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Have to say though, as huge a piece of poo poo as Joyce most certainly is, when was the last time you saw a politician immediately admit he was wrong?

I'd like to see what Potato Dutton or Abbott would have done in his position. Probably promoted them to chiefs of Border Torture Force.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Gotta hand it to Barnaby, supporting neo nazis is a hill he chose not to die on. Fair play to Barnaby for his positive stance in response to his previous stance of "nazis are ok".

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
This is a bit wild

quote:

How Murdoch got the kids off Nauru

We can’t be sure precisely when Australia’s major political parties lost the public on the issue of offshore detention, but the morning of August 20 confirmed it.

It was day one of a planned three-month Kids Off Nauru campaign, initiated by World Vision, and it began with Rupert Murdoch’s conservative tabloid newspapers firmly on the bandwagon.

That morning, Sydney’s Daily Telegraph ran a heartwarming picture of a young child, born into detention on Nauru, on its front page.

Inside, across two pages, there were more pictures, along with an emotive account of the lives of the “stateless babies” and the other “unseen children” living in mouldy tents, sharing dirty bathrooms, playing with donated toys on the “rocky remnants of a phosphate mine and staring through the wire fences of the camp”.

The same piece ran on the front of the Adelaide Advertiser and, inside, in Melbourne’s Herald Sun and Brisbane’s Courier-Mail.

This was a big development, though not so much because it indicated the Murdoch empire was setting out to shift public opinion on the indefinite detention of children. The piece amounted to an acknowledgment that pubic opinion already had decisively shifted.

As a Murdoch newspaper source told The Saturday Paper this week: “Whatever else you might say about News Corp, we can see which way the wind is blowing.”

In the months before that story ran, the source said, editorial decision-makers at News Corp had divined that popular opinion was rapidly shifting on offshore detention, and that they should start shifting with it – for business as much as for humanitarian reasons. Like political parties, populist media is poll-driven.

And so, when World Vision came to them, offering an on-their-own story about the children on Nauru, News Corp ran with it.

The story carried an “exclusive” tag and the byline of Jennifer Sexton, who was handpicked by Ruth Lamperd, news editor at World Vision, because she was “a good, straight reporter”. Lamperd and her team had done a lot of legwork to pull the story together, calling in favours from its network of contacts developed over the past five years on Nauru.

World Vision had been planning for that day – the launch of the Kids Off Nauru campaign – for two months. Pictures and video of the kids on Nauru were taken “by a person who won’t be named and can’t be known”. They organised for the families of the children to give their informed consent for the use of the images. They provided the quotes from the families about the kids’ mental and physical health concerns.

“AUSTRALIANS LIKE ORDER. WE DON’T LIKE QUEUE JUMPERS, WE WANT THE QUEUE TO PROCEED IN AN ORDERLY FASHION. THE QUEUE SHOULD BE QUICK AND CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE TRAMPLED IN THE QUEUE.”
And they dropped it to The Daily Telegraph, specifically, because it is a populist publication with a conservative readership who may not be reached by other media that’s been covering Nauru closely over the past few years.

“The offshore issue has been dealt with in a very comprehensive way by various serious media,” Lamperd says, “but it becomes a bit of a circle, where the people who are reading about it are the people who already care about it.”

The reasoning behind giving the exclusive to The Telegraph was not just that it would bring the issue to a different audience, but that it would send to the government – and also to the Opposition – a clear message. If even the right-wing press were on board with the move to get children off Nauru, the situation had become politically untenable.

The campaign exerted pressure in other strategic ways, too. On September 20, for example, the Christian humanitarian organisation Micah sent a delegation of women leaders to Canberra to lobby. They represented a range of faiths – Anglican, Baptist, Salvation Army – and most notably several representatives of big Pentecostal churches. They met with various politicians of professed faith, from both major parties, and had a 40-minute meeting with Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton, the public face of the government’s hardline asylum seeker policy.

Again, the significance was not just in the message, but in the people delivering it – religious conservatives, the kind of people the Liberal Party’s religious right is wont to describe as “the base”.

It took a few months for the reality to sink in with the politicians. Then, this week, the Morrison government capitulated to the Kids Off Nauru campaign. On Thursday morning, Simon Benson of The Australian came with the exclusive announcement: “The Morrison government plans to have all children of asylum-seekers still on Nauru relocated to Australia by the end of the year.”

On the face of it, things seem to have moved very quickly. In some ways, they have. Several hundred organisations – not just the usual refugee activist groups but a large number of churches and even an array of corporate entities – signed up to the Kids Off Nauru campaign almost immediately. According to refugee advocates, there were 119 children on Nauru on August 20, when the campaign started. It is understood that 135 people, including 47 children, have come to Australia since October 15 – many on medical grounds, and almost always after legal action. The Australian reported that only 40 children remained.

It’s a testament to the impact of The Telegraph’s coverage that the Kids campaign, which had been planned to run for three months up to Universal Children’s Day on November 20, was able to achieve its goal three weeks early.

According to the organisers, though, the removal of children from offshore detention is just its first step. As the campaign’s website says: “Our position is that no-one should be held indefinitely and an enduring solution must be found for everyone.”

The Reverend Tim Costello, chief advocate for World Vision and chief executive of Micah, says the key to the Kids Off Nauru campaign lay in the separation of two related problems – the issue of how Australia secures its borders against a further influx of asylum seekers and the other issue of how we deal with those who have come, and been detained, already.

“The first thing we had to do was simplify the message,” he says. “But the problem was, the refugee activist community was split between pragmatism and principle.”

Principle holds that boat turnbacks is just as are wrong in law as indefinite offshore detention.

As a policy brief by the Kaldor Centre for International Refugee Law summarised last year, the military-led border security operations of Australia – and those more recently adopted by European nations – do not accord with the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, the Convention on Maritime Search and Rescue, the Safety of Life at Sea Convention, the Refugee Convention or the core international human rights treaties.

Unfortunately for principle, though, the turnback policy remains popular with the public.

“That,” says Costello, “is why people like Robert Manne, John Menadue, Frank Brennan and I started arguing and writing pieces saying that whatever we think about the turnback policy, it needs to be unhinged from offshore detention.”

Costello freely concedes that some refugee advocates believe them to have “sold out” because their argument is essentially based on the premise that boat turnbacks have been so successful that Australia can afford to lighten up on detention. The continuation of interdiction is the price of freeing the people on Nauru and Manus.

However, various polls attest to the reality that public opinion now endorses this utilitarian view. Only last weekend, a YouGov Galaxy poll published in The Sunday Telegraph showed almost 80 per cent of people wanted children and their families transferred off Nauru. Again, it ran on page one. This time the headline was “Free Nauru Kids: Voters tell PM to take NZ offer.”

The Wentworth byelection was another clue to the big shift in popular opinion, with the treatment of asylum seekers identified alongside climate change and the dumping of Malcolm Turnbull as a major issue for voters.

Kerryn Phelps, who took the seat, ran hard on the issue of kids in detention. She is still running hard on it. “The suffering of those people held in offshore detention, particularly children, is something the Australian people don’t want any longer to have on their conscience,” she tells The Saturday Paper.

“People know the realities now: one in four children suicidal, children with traumatic withdrawal syndrome. I believe it has become personal. People start to see their own children, their own grandchildren, in these kids. It was, ‘No, not in our name.’ ”

Phelps campaigned on bringing them to Australia. But she did not oppose boat turnbacks.

“I believe we want strong border protection policies, but you can have them without having offshore detention,” she says.

“Certainly, if we have offshore processing, that should be rapid and have a quick resolution.”

It is an astute position, as social researcher Rebecca Huntley can attest. There is good evidence to suggest the Australian public now shares the view that the time has come to get everyone out of offshore detention.

By coincidence, at the same time as the Kids Off Nauru campaign launched, Huntley was working with a series of focus groups in Peter Dutton’s electorate of Dickson, north of Brisbane.

The five groups she spoke with were carefully selected to include people who had voted for Dutton at the last election and were considering either not voting for him at the upcoming election or were undecided. The overall message she got from the groups was that “it was looking grim for him. Really grim.”

That’s hardly a major revelation, given the general unpopularity of the government and the 1.8 per cent margin by which Dutton holds Dickson.

More interesting was what the groups told her about asylum seekers. It underlined the tactical cleverness of the Kids Off Nauru campaign and also suggested even the government’s new promise to get the children off may not be enough.

“Those undecided voters were 100 per cent behind boat turnbacks, but really did not like offshore detention at all,” Huntley says.

“They and other groups I’ve worked with don’t see turnbacks as an interlocking policy with offshore detention. Their view is, if you’re turning back boats effectively, you don’t need detention. And they knew that most people were getting here by plane anyway.

“And it’s a larger thing than just the kids. There is a sense that the system is not working. They called it a failed experiment. They want an orderly and certain process that doesn’t involve the detention, particularly, of children. But not only of children.”

Huntley’s conversations revealed that these voters – swinging Liberals – were concerned about the government’s secrecy, about the perception that it had no longer term plan, and about the fact the situation had become generally “disorderly”.

“Australians like order. We don’t like queue jumpers, we want the queue to proceed in an orderly fashion. The queue should be quick and children should not be trampled in the queue,” she says.

Then there was the matter of cost. These people resented the fact that every case, every request for the medical transfer of a physically or mentally damaged detainee, was expensively fought in the courts. They also disliked that detention saw money flowing to corrupt governments.

It’s hard to argue with their perception about cost. The offshore detention regime is ridiculously expensive, as the Kaldor Centre showed in a fact sheet released in August, citing official audit figures. It costs $400,000 a year to hold an asylum seeker in offshore detention, compared with $239,000 to hold one in onshore detention. It costs about $40,000 for an asylum seeker to live in the community on a bridging visa while their claim is processed.

The official line of the Home Affairs bureaucracy, rigidly adhered to by the major political parties, is that if they were to allow those asylum seekers to come here, it would create a powerful “pull factor”. More boats would come, more people would die at sea. No doubt the view is sincerely held by many who remember the number of boat people that preceded the decision to implement offshore detention, and who worry that a fickle public has forgotten.

Earlier this week – indeed, on the day before the government’s announcement that it would bring all the children to Australia – the head of the Home Affairs Department, Mike Pezzullo, was asked by The Saturday Paper for his view on why public sentiment had shifted on offshore detention. He replied simply: “Amnesia.”

When asked to elaborate, he repeated “amnesia” and recalled that “when the boats were coming, and people were drowning, the imperative was ‘Stop the boats’. Absolutely, the imperative was ‘Stop the boats’…”

The next aim of the Kids campaign, according to Tim Costello, is to resolve Morrison’s issue with resettlement to New Zealand. During the Howard government’s offshore detention regime, 401 refugees were resettled there – without the prohibitions Morrison is demanding on future entry to Australia.

“New Zealand is the good Samaritan in this parable,” says Costello. “And Australia is like the priest and the Levite, not prepared to help. In fact, we’re beating up on the good Samaritan.”

Late on Thursday, Dutton denied the children were being removed from Nauru out of humanitarian concern. Instead, he emphasised the $1 billion yearly cost of offshore detention.

He insisted none of the hundreds brought to Australia would be allowed to settle permanently, yet continued to spurn the New Zealand offer for being a pull factor.

If Rebecca Huntley’s focus group research reinforces the view that it is no longer politically useful to hold people in offshore detention, it is nonetheless clear the asylum seekers remain hostage to politics.

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/media/2018/11/03/how-murdoch-got-the-kids-nauru/15411636007093

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I'm guessing three ghosts visited Rupert one night.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Nah crap, you don't get points for being the cowardly kind of Nazi supporter

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Finally found out the inspiration for Ghouls n' Ghosts

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Megillah Gorilla posted:

yougov, reachtel and ipsos

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I'll be moving to Armidale, NSW, for a job at UNE soon and I thought I'd try to figure out what I'm getting into. I'm Canadian.

Question: is Barnaby Joyce the absolute worst MP, or does he have significant competition for that title?

I looked at his page on theyvoteforyou.org.au (thanks to whoever linked that) and... just... ugh.

Follow up question: how dimly do Australians view filthy foreigners like myself expressing political opinions regarding Australian elected officials?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

ExecuDork posted:

Question: is Barnaby Joyce the absolute worst MP, or does he have significant competition for that title?

Follow up question: how dimly do Australians view filthy foreigners like myself expressing political opinions regarding Australian elected officials?

If he’s not the worst, he’s definitely a podium finish. The man accepted a big novelty cheque from Gina Rinehart for his “services to the community” or some such prior to it being found out and hastily returning the cash.

Chances are you’re already far more politically engaged than most punters. Most Australians are lazy and stupid, so I wouldn’t even bother talking about it. Instead you can talk about how this drought is fair dinkum killing our farmers and how farmers are braver than the troops.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
That article really doesn’t match up with reality given the government are still vigorously fighting on-shoring in the courts, including challenging the ability of the federal court to give directions to on-shore detainees at all

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ExecuDork posted:

I'll be moving to Armidale, NSW, for a job at UNE soon and I thought I'd try to figure out what I'm getting into. I'm Canadian.

I looked at his page on theyvoteforyou.org.au (thanks to whoever linked that) and... just... ugh.

He’s definitely not the worst. We have Pauline Hanson and friends (white supremacists), Fraser Anning (Nazi) and George Christensen (blob monster from hell).

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The worst MP is Tony Abbott.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ExecuDork posted:

He's bad but not the worst, he's just ignorant as opposed to hateful

You're Canadian so you'd probably have a chance of talking some sense into people, if you were American you'd be out of luck

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

ExecuDork posted:

Definitely not the absolute worst, imo. I'd struggle to pick an absolute worst (it would probably depend on the day) but gun to my head I might be inclined to go with Eric Abetz.

Re: filthy furrynurs, for me it'd mainly depend on how informed you are, and how you're expressing those views. If you're posting here you're probably more informed than the average Australian so you're probably sweet there. If you're actually willing to have a conversation and listen, rather than just spout really strong militant views, you're gonna be fine. Thinking about it I don't think either of those points are import-specific (as in, I'd have little patience for a political conversation with an Australian who wasn't very informed and just wanted to spout lines at me rather than having a conversation), so that might not be very helpful.

Keep in mind also that political parties tend to vote together and it's generally a pretty big deal if someone wants to cross the floor and vote with the other side, so if you want to truly evaluate how lovely someone is or isn't, I'd look to their voting record plus statements they've made.

I'd also just add that this thread is significantly more left-leaning than the average Australian, so keep that in mind.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Whitlam posted:

Definitely not the absolute worst, imo. I'd struggle to pick an absolute worst (it would probably depend on the day) but gun to my head I might be inclined to go with Eric Abetz.
Nah, Fraser Anning takes the gold poo poo medal. A vile racist that even makes Pauline and Bob Katter blush.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Feels weird that we all had to admit that Barnaby isn't the worst

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Holy poo poo today's Pope:

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Have to say though, as huge a piece of poo poo as Joyce most certainly is, when was the last time you saw a politician immediately admit he was wrong?

The other week when they all said supporting a motion in the senate that "it's okay to be white" was a whoopsie

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

The other week when they all said supporting a motion in the senate that "it's okay to be white" was a whoopsie

Nah that took like, 12 hours at least

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The point stands that apologising for being a hosed up nazi supporter isn't laudable, it's far below the least you can do

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Whitlam posted:

I'd also just add that this thread is significantly more left-leaning than the average Australian, so keep that in mind.

The CanPol thread is similar. We're all a bunch of nasty socialists up here.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. It's somehow reassuring that the (apparently) hyper-conservative MP for my soon-to-be home is not as bad as some others have it.

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
Thank God Uncle Rupe's was ready to step up and save those children, good on his own publication for coming out and saying it. Good thing he had nothing to do with the detention in the first place.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

ExecuDork posted:

My sweet summer child.

I moved to Australia in 2008. I made it to the end of 2011 before bailing and dragging my husband back to Canada with me.

Barnaby Joyce sucks but literally everyone who's not a part of the Greens in Australia (10-15% of the vote) will make Harper seem like a cute and cuddly baby.

The answer to your last question depends on how white you are.

Also prepare yourself for randomly super racist comments in the middle of conversations that should have absolutely no way of having racism included in them.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

ExecuDork posted:

Hey my uncle and aunty are proffesors there. Fine and pretty li'l town, gorgeous campus, too. Barnaby Joyce is a horrible fleck of poo poo

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

On a poo poo pile

I'd be way more wary of saying anything positive about Joyce, and don't worry, they'll bring him up with scorn. Armadillos fuckin' hate that boy

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Nov 3, 2018

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
can someone lend me an acre of land, i don't care where it is, i need it for seven years, in year six i set it all on fire and year seven is a year of rest and then you can have it back

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

incredible flesh posted:

can someone lend me an acre of land, i don't care where it is, i need it for seven years, in year six i set it all on fire and year seven is a year of rest and then you can have it back

What if it all catches fire on its own

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

animusdistillery Newsflash!
Victorian Premier Dan Andrews, Macedon MP Mary-Anne Thomas and Minister for Agribusiness & Regional Development Jaala Pulford visited Animus Distillery today to announce increased support for Victorian Distillers, Brewers & Artisan Food Producers!
Media teams were on site so please watch tonight's news for more info (all channels!).

It's in the bag now imo

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dandrew's Election Platform: Level Crossing removals, Royal Commission into Mental Health Support, support for more booze and food

Matty Guy: Duuurrrrrrr Alpha gangs we need cops to shoot criminals on spot, Labah waste

Herald Sun: With Guy's election platform, why would you even think of choosing Dandrews?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Are they replacing healthcare cards with pension cards? I just got a pensioner's concession card with my details on it in the mail, and I'm not sure why otherwise

e: seems to be the case, badass, cheap movie tickets and other boomer discounts

Couple bucks off entry to zoos

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Nov 3, 2018

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
By "level crossing removal" are you talking about grade-separating crossings, or just up and removing lights and boom gates?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

SIFA, a gun lobby with a youtube channel, is doing the attack ads for the Libs in the Victorian State election as the guardian notes:

quote:

A gun industry lobby group will target the Victorian government through an advertising blitz that makes no mention of guns but instead attacks the Labor premier, Daniel Andrews, over crime and power prices ahead of next month’s state election.

Funded by the Shooting Industry Foundation of Australia (Sifa), which is backed by Australia’s largest firearms wholesalers, the “Not. Happy. Dan.” videos urge Victorian voters to put Labor last on their ballot papers at the polls on 24 November.

They make no mention of the organisation’s push to lobby governments over gun laws, which emerged in a report by the ABC’s Four Corners on Monday night.
A Sifa spokesman told Guardian Australia the advertisements would run on television, radio and on billboards from the end of the week until election day.

The lobby group’s decision to campaign in the Victorian election follows its efforts in Queensland last year. Sifa funded the “Flick ’Em” campaign, which urged voters to put both major parties last but again did not mention gun reform.

But in Victoria, Sifa’s campaign solely targets the Andrews government.

Asked about the decision, the spokesman said the organisation “considered that the policies of the Labor government are the real concern”.

The videos acknowledge they are supported by Sifa – using the acronym not the full name – and are authorised by the group’s executive director, Rodney Drew. They make no mention of the organisation’s position on gun laws.

The campaign’s website also makes no mention of Sifa’s gun laws push, with the ‘about me’ section saying it is “funded by Project Partners who believe we all have an important voice”. The bottom of the page notes it is “proudly supported by Sifa”.

“It’s not up to us to tell you what to think, it’s up to us to listen,” the website says.

“We did, and our independent polling told us what’s important to you: crime, cost of living and a clear plan to take this state into a better future,” the website says.
Asked why Sifa was not directly campaigning on gun laws and instead trying to shift votes by discussing bread and butter issues, the spokesman said the organisation has “lots to say about guns laws”.

The spokesman said that it was legitimate to campaign on issues unrelated to gun laws because policies that the group claims lead to high power prices or crime affected everyone, including people who were “licensed, registered gun owners”.

He did not know how much the campaign would cost but said the spending would be declared.

Sifa’s members are the small arms and ammunition supplier Nioa, Raytrade, Outdoor Sporting Agencies and the Australian offshoots of international gun manufacturers Winchester and Beretta, according to Four Corners.

The November election will be the last under existing donations legislation with stricter new laws to come into effect from 25 November.

The Firearms council opposed the changes because they would force groups including Sifa to disclose donations and “prohibit, in some circumstances, your right to make donations anonymously”.

Earlier this year, the Victorian government rejected a push from the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers party to end a ban on gun silencers for recreational shooters. The Coalition also opposed the move.

The premier’s office was contacted for comment.

Clearly someone had to come up with the advertising funds!

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

GotLag posted:

By "level crossing removal" are you talking about grade-separating crossings, or just up and removing lights and boom gates?

Removing the lights and barriers, adding an ‘enter at your own risk’ sign - for safety’s sake.

They removed two out here, in St Albans, and lowered the track for about 3km. Made the roads much more reasonable than the prior peak hour boom gate hell of 45 minutes to go a hundred meters.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

ewe2 posted:

SIFA, a gun lobby with a youtube channel, is doing the attack ads for the Libs in the Victorian State election as the guardian notes:

Clearly someone had to come up with the advertising funds!

Who was the victorian gun humper guy who murdered his family the other day? Was he with these dogs?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Peccadillo posted:

Who was the victorian gun humper guy who murdered his family the other day? Was he with these dogs?

I think he was the either the President or at least a part of the gun club in his area

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
He was head of the local SS Association branch

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

What if it all catches fire on its own
it wouldn't dare.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

GotLag posted:

Mostly they are lowering the rail/raising the roads, in some cases they are just building an elevated track, it would be funny if they just removed lights and boom gates and said "good luck!" though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-03/former-michaelia-cash-staffer-subpoenaed-over-media-leak/10463178

quote:

The Australian Workers Union (AWU) is targeting another of senator Michaelia Cash's former staff in its bid to stop an investigation into donations by the union, demanding her ex-chief of staff give evidence in the Federal Court.
After hiring private investigators to track down Ben Davies, the union has now requested subpoenas be issued in his name, compelling him to appear before the court.
The union said they were having trouble finding Davies a couple of weeks ago. He quit Cash's office in January. I wonder if he was hiding