Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Willie Tomg posted:

right wing militias are backing fugitive republicans and claiming they'll shoot cops if the governor of oregon has law enforcement bring them in so the statehouse can be quorate for a laughably benign environmental bill and i'm pretty sure the only reason this isn't the only thing everyone's talking about besides the concentration camps is that it is SUCH A BIG loving DEAL that people's brains slide off its import because its too much to take in all at once.

sounds like the PNW militias need to be introduced to the whiff of grapeshot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I really wonder what Donald Trump could do to force impeachment at this point, actually beat a black dude to death on national tv?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

'impeachment' is up there with 'post-racial society' and 'faeries'.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ChipNDip posted:

Didn't the Nazis at least attempt to hide the camps? And was the press actually defending them as cool, legal, and good?

"The government does not discuss on-water matters" is what you get in Australia.

And the press just said, "Well, okay then, guess we'll just not ask about the lines of corpses stretching for miles every time the navy ignores a distress call from a sinking boat."

Racist population plus a press/media which does nothing beyond regurgitating press releases is all it takes.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

Peanut President posted:

I really wonder what Donald Trump could do to force impeachment at this point, actually beat a black dude to death on national tv?

Issue an executive order declaring all US citizens immediately eligible for Medicare.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

*taps thread title bar yet again*

https://twitter.com/SophieNovack/status/1144246334167355393

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

If I were a non-cowardly moral human being I would probably try to burn this place to the ground.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My issue is mostly idk where the gently caress these places are

Kinda makes it hard to protest

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

the media is desperate to paint these concentration camps as anything but concentration camps because being honest about what is going on would force a moral crisis upon each and every american

it would also be the best way to create a swell of public backlash that might force an end to the camps

so of course the media is knowingly implicit in covering for human rights abuses carried out by the US govt, in other news water is wet

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

ChipNDip posted:

Issue an executive order declaring all US citizens immediately eligible for Medicare.

Ninth Dimensional Chess

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

Zeroisanumber posted:

If I were a non-cowardly moral human being I would probably try to burn this place to the ground.

theres nothing cowardly about not wanting to do a one man suicide mission that will end in your pointless death

liberalism and capitalism tell us that if we can't do something ourselves, then it's impossible, when really we just need to re-learn how to organize

find the people in your community who are going to end up targeted by the fascists and start arming and training with them

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

this thread is coming soon to your local fusion center

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1144691193156182016

quote:

“The officers took everything from us except our documents. They even took our shoelaces. There was a mother in our group traveling with a very young baby. The officers took her diapers, baby formula, and nearly everything else she had and threw it away.

The water here is horrible. It tastes like chlorine. We can use cups to drink the water. But the water tastes awful and I don’t like it at all. None of the kids here like the water.

The officials here are very bad to us. During the night when we’re trying to sleep they come in and wake us up, yelling and scaring us. Sometimes children rise up in the night and officials yell at them to lay back down. The guards who are yelling don’t speak much Spanish, so it’s hard to understand what they’re saying. My sisters and I are very scared when they yell at us and other children."

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Gotta take their shoelaces otherwise they might hang themselves :shepface:

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1145766311794040834

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

this is so loving disgusting it literally makes me nauseous

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

ChipNDip posted:

Didn't the Nazis at least attempt to hide the camps? And was the press actually defending them as cool, legal, and good?

Early on they let the press and foreigners visit Dachau to see that it was just about reforming dangerous criminals and mentally ill people and openly defended it, so that by the time they were running death camps, anyone who called them death camps was a nutjob.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Pathos posted:

this is so loving disgusting it literally makes me nauseous

even the Nazis weren't so gleeful at the suffering of others

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
It's a well-known fact that no one outside of the US speaks English, and furthermore English is the only language with the concept of psychological warfare

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
where did this idiot meme of "they are allowed to leave" come from?

Like yeah dude I am sure ICE just lets them go when they say the safe word or whatever

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Wheeee posted:

even the Nazis weren't so gleeful at the suffering of others

this is drat near breaking me, read that in the "let me speak to your manager" voice

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Moridin920 posted:

where did this idiot meme of "they are allowed to leave" come from?

Like yeah dude I am sure ICE just lets them go when they say the safe word or whatever

maybe they can waive the asylum hearing they requested and they'll fly them back to their country of origin? it is the only thing I can think of

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Inside the Secret Border Patrol Facebook Group Where Agents Joke About Migrant Deaths and Post Sexist Memes

"One member encouraged Border Patrol agents to hurl a “burrito at these bitches.” Another, apparently a patrol supervisor, wrote, “gently caress the hoes.” “There should be no photo ops for these scum buckets,” posted a third member.

Perhaps the most disturbing posts target Ocasio-Cortez. One includes a photo illustration of her engaged in oral sex at an immigrant detention center. Text accompanying the image reads, “Lucky Illegal Immigrant Glory Hole Special Starring AOC.”

Another is a photo illustration of a smiling President Donald Trump forcing Ocasio-Cortez’s head toward his crotch. The agent who posted the image commented: “That’s right bitches. The masses have spoken and today democracy won.”"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also the the right is suuuuppppeer horny for AOC it's weird haha

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

christmas boots posted:

I feel like the National Guard has been called in for less.

we mostly only use the NG for shooting uppity blacks and unarmed protestors

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1145837522355924992
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1145838650468511744

hmm, it's almost as if the cruelty is the loving point

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

sounds like the PNW militias need to be introduced to the whiff of grapeshot

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1145837522355924992

hmm, it's almost as if the cruelty is the loving point

"A-HA! you don't open the faucet, you push a button!" is some galaxy brain poo poo answer to this
something like those "it's a clip, not a magazine!" brainiacs after every mass murder

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

Moridin920 posted:

Also the the right is suuuuppppeer horny for AOC it's weird haha

is it? she’s h-

-orny is prohibited

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
Remember learning about the concentration camps and wondering why German citizens didn't stop the Nazis?

gently caress :smithicide:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah the slow ramp up makes it hard to pick a specific point and say okay here, here is where we need immediate direct action. Of course at some point it becomes too late.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

they're fixated on her precisely bc she's an attractive woman who a) isn't sexually available to them and b) actively refuses and works to dismantle the structures designed to make her subservient

that combo is infuriating and devastating to their hollow, egocentric sense of self so naturally they fantasize about being able to objectify and "tame" her

tldr: their horniness is a result of the thread title

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ebola Roulette posted:

Remember learning about the concentration camps and wondering why German citizens didn't stop the Nazis?

I don’t wonder that anymore.

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

Fox & the CBP union (National Border Patrol Council) are going with "AOC was verbally abusive to CBP agents"

Are troops!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Good I hope they went home and cried

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ebola Roulette posted:

yeah americans are scum

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Feranon posted:

they're fixated on her precisely bc she's an attractive woman who a) isn't sexually available to them and b) actively refuses and works to dismantle the structures designed to make her subservient

that combo is infuriating and devastating to their hollow, egocentric sense of self so naturally they fantasize about being able to objectify and "tame" her

tldr: their horniness is a result of the thread title

https://twitter.com/trillburne/status/1146242668000927745?s=21

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That's a very specific example :thunk:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Wheeee posted:

Inside the Secret Border Patrol Facebook Group Where Agents Joke About Migrant Deaths and Post Sexist Memes

"One member encouraged Border Patrol agents to hurl a “burrito at these bitches.” Another, apparently a patrol supervisor, wrote, “gently caress the hoes.” “There should be no photo ops for these scum buckets,” posted a third member.

Perhaps the most disturbing posts target Ocasio-Cortez. One includes a photo illustration of her engaged in oral sex at an immigrant detention center. Text accompanying the image reads, “Lucky Illegal Immigrant Glory Hole Special Starring AOC.”

Another is a photo illustration of a smiling President Donald Trump forcing Ocasio-Cortez’s head toward his crotch. The agent who posted the image commented: “That’s right bitches. The masses have spoken and today democracy won.”"

love 2 see so many dead migrants in the river that i have a slang term for it that is instantly recognizable to my fellow pigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Gotta say, I love how people can excuse their cruelty and their religion by following a version of Christianity where Heaven is guaranteed if you say "Rub a dub dub thanks for the salvation grub Jesus!". No need to be a good person if goodness is thought to flow from being Christian and in their mind to be Christian is just to say some worthless little words.