Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Post examples of the trump administration just being absolutely insanely cruel for no reason here as they happen since they don't particularly fit elsewhere. Obviously everyone knows whats happened in the past so just post new stuff

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1088138183370592256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Does the agency get federal money?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Exhibit a: literally every single thing Donald trump has done in his entire life

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I didn't see Christian on the list :thunk:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

evangelicals are just as terrible as neo-nazis, but they get far less media scrutiny in spite of being far more numerous. they love to say that they got into politics because of Roe v. Wade, but they had no opinion about that ruling either way when it came out. what actually sprung them into action is when that same Supreme Court ruled that they can't racially segregate places like Bob Jones University

if anything, self-proclaimed evangelicals should be wantonly discriminated against

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

get that OUT of my face posted:

evangelicals are just as terrible as neo-nazis, but they get far less media scrutiny in spite of being far more numerous. they love to say that they got into politics because of Roe v. Wade, but they had no opinion about that ruling either way when it came out. what actually sprung them into action is when that same Supreme Court ruled that they can't racially segregate places like Bob Jones University

if anything, self-proclaimed evangelicals should be wantonly discriminated against

They should be put in asylums. They believe crazy stuff.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

pseudanonymous posted:

so do neo-nazis and white nationalists. it's almost as if they're all disgusting hateful monsters :thunk:

SaTaMaS
Apr 18, 2003
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/trump-admin-weighed-targeting-migrant-families-speeding-deportation-children-n958811

"WASHINGTON — Trump administration officials weighed speeding up the deportation of migrant children by denying them their legal right to asylum hearings after separating them from their parents, according to comments on a late 2017 draft of what became the administration's family separation policy obtained by NBC News."

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
We're about to go to war with Venezuela for no reason other than we can.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

pseudanonymous posted:

people talk about historical instances where members of the religious right were institutionalized as though those instances were atrocities when in fact doing that was a moderate and merciful decision compared to the broad effect those people have on the fabric of society

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

ScrubLeague posted:

came into the thread to post this except realistically we'll forget about it by next week because that's how broken everything is now

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

ScrubLeague posted:

im sure all that oil has nothing at all to do with it

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I've always suspected malice played a role in the non-response to Hurricane Maria

🤔

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

Mariana Horchata posted:

I've always suspected malice played a role in the non-response to Hurricane Maria

🤔
That and the desire to not be seen doing anything helpful or good for any brown person

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/emrazz/status/1091913305269194759?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/jacobsoboroff/status/1091728754999681026?s=19

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

the gfc really does show up on every graph

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/mor10/status/1092107033954811905

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
All government is criminal when it sustains private property.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:psyduck: On how many layers of malice do you need to be to type such a sentence?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/kensweet/status/1093219816650010624

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cool haha owns

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Rather than pay the little dancing girls, he crushed them from a position of strength.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

We’re doomed

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

We’re doomed

growing debt is the only way to grow "the economy". anything that stands in the way of increasing debts of all kinds must be eliminated or the whole thing will stagger to a halt and fall over. all will be fed to the machine, that we might keep it running for just a little while longer.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ayn Randi posted:

growing debt is the only way to grow "the economy". anything that stands in the way of increasing debts of all kinds must be eliminated or the whole thing will stagger to a halt and fall over. all will be fed to the machine, that we might keep it running for just a little while longer.

Dec 26, 2012

Ayn Randi posted:

the numbers have to keep going up. its the rules i cant change them

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://thinkprogress.org/the-supreme-court-just-handed-down-a-truly-shocking-attack-on-muslims-a024cb9fc81c/

quote:

The Supreme Court just handed down a brief order holding that a man named Domineque Ray must die without his spiritual adviser being made available to give him comfort. The decision was 5-4 along party lines. The case is Dunn v. Ray.

Ray is a death row inmate, and there is no doubt that the state of Alabama may execute him. The only issue in this case was whether Ray, who is Muslim, may be killed with his imam at his side. Moreover, as Justice Elena Kagan notes in a dissenting opinion, “a Christian prisoner may have a minister of his own faith accompany him into the execution chamber to say his last rites” under the prison’s policy. So if Ray were a Christian, he would have his spiritual adviser present.

i forever lament the loss of the LF "5/4!" thread tag

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

I don't remember the first time I saw this comic but it's become shorthand for almost everything that's wrong with American society. It's so perfect that it's hard to think of a better way to explain everything that's happening.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

can we get a cultural revolution so we can gulag these folks

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
they will murder millions of us before one of them sees harm

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/WTKR3/status/1098730369946447877

starving children to own the libs

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"surely depriving children of nutrients will make their cognition better "-a cspam mod

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
"hunger is a powerful motivator" -michelle bachmann, recipient of a million plus dollars in federal government subsidies every year

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
it reads the catcher in the rye or else it gets the hose again

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
A lot of people talk about eating the rich, but a responsible society feeds the rich to children then feeds themselves

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1105481598298935296

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

something I think about a lot is that this is active violence against people, actual real violence, but filtered through layers of bureaucracy, and if you talk about pushing back, much less actually push back, everyone goes OH NO NO NO NO WE CAN'T DO THAT, because somehow the process of filtering it through 1,271 layers of middle management absolves the legislators pushing this and therefore they're not actually doing any real violence they're just changing words in a law

it's not quite hannah arendt's concept of the banality of evil, but something more insidious that might be more accurately called the equivalent of money laundering, but for violence? evil laundering? violence laundering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

“On the Origin of Specie”
Vajra Chandrasekera
Nightmare Magazine no. 76

I was told many times that my refusal to pay was foolish and a waste of activism and energy, and indeed it was. I was told many times that my refusal and pointless and perhaps even counterproductive, and indeed it was. I was told many times that the war could not be ended this way, because this is not how money works. I was told that I don’t understand money, or taxes, or any part of the unholy grammarye of monetary policy or fiscal policy. And that, too, is true. The government did not and does not require the coin of the south to prosecute the war in the north: the government is the issuer of currency, father and mother of coin, both source and definer of value, and— being willing to inflate that currency as far as necessary, being willing to accept any price for victory— cannot be starved of funds.

I understood that I did not understand. In not understanding, I believed. And what I believed, and what I would say again and again, was this: if they don’t need to raise the money for the war through taxes, then the only reason to tax us is to entangle us in moral complicity. This is not about money: this is about blood money.

They issue the very coin that we have to pay back to them, and they do this for the wider distribution of culpability in sin, I would say, and that’s when people would usually hang up on me. Distance makes it easier to disengage. When I was there, speaking in person up on a stage, I would have a little longer to make my case.

They are building a massive network of responsibility, I would argue, to distribute the load of enormity’s consequences, to diffuse the weight of the crimes they commit behind the veil of war. Think of all the newly-minted coin that leaves the tower, I would urge. All that currency being put into circulation: think of how through the war taxes a share of it always finds its way back to the tower, now bearing the imprint of a million intervening hands, every last one bloodied by that touch.

This is about hell, I would say, and this is the part where security would arrive to remove me from the stage while I shouted that war taxes were about who goes to hell for the war, and for how many lifetimes.