Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
Edit for people on the new page.

Infected posted:

54 GB patch, yikes.

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I got no patch. Is that the TTS patch or just announcement?

It hits tomorrow at 8 AM CST.

Polka_Rapper fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
The good news is it'll be a smaller install after the update!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Infected posted:

54 GB patch, yikes.

Holy hell. How much of that is actual new content/files vs. replacing existing files? I find it hard to believe that 2 ops and a new map are that drat big.

Agoat posted:

The good news is it'll be a smaller install after the update!

Ah, got it. Good to know because jesus this game is getting big.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

Holy hell. How much of that is actual new content/files vs. replacing existing files? I find it hard to believe that 2 ops and a new map are that drat big.

Ah, got it. Good to know because jesus this game is getting big.

A decent amount is replacing files.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

New map is cool. Feels like an expanded Oregon or Clubhouse, rather than another square multistorey labyrinth like Villa/Hereford 2.0/Fortress.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
People are obsessively slam picking Mozzie but ignoring Gridlock??? Hmm... why could that be...

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Bullbar posted:

People are obsessively slam picking Mozzie but ignoring Gridlock??? Hmm... why could that be...

That gridlock's ability is kinda underwhelming?

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

Wacky Delly posted:

That gridlock's ability is kinda underwhelming?

Her LMG very much rules though, and I've had a few instances of her ability proving quite useful.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Mozzie's P10 and Gridlock's M249 will be nerfed guaranteed.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Bullbar posted:

Her LMG very much rules though, and I've had a few instances of her ability proving quite useful.

Its neat, but super situational. Her LMG does own pretty hard.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Gridlock's ability is fantastic for just throwing all three into the secure area room right before you storm it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Gridlocks F90 seems pretty good, too. On console I feel like it doesn't bounce around a lot and is pretty easy to control even while moving and shooting.

Her ability is situational, but drat if it isn't great in the right situations.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
Just had someone on the attacking team get mad at us for "camping".

Imagine loading up the video game Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege and being frustrated that the team whose job it is to defend a fixed point is then camping said point.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I haven't had a chance to do anything other than play around in Terrorist Hunt but Gridlock seems pretty drat good just for the M249.

Has anyone messed with the extended barrel on Mozzie's P10?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

TheKingslayer posted:

Has anyone messed with the extended barrel on Mozzie's P10?

You may or may not be aware that 99% of extended barrels are garbage. They will have a real minor influence: roughly 5 bonus damage per bullet at shooting distances of 30+ meters - it doesn't usually make a difference in time to kill in most gameplay, and more accurate shooting from a muzzle brake is probably more useful to try line up headshots.

There are a couple weird exceptions to this: frost smg and ela shotgun can't have other muzzles besides suppressors, and oddly enough, the long barrel on the p90 removes ranged falloff entirely.

Odds are, the extended barrel for mozzie is very minor. Having said that, I don't have season pass so I don't know if it can have normal muzzles.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yeah it gets the normal stuff on top of that. I honestly didn't know much about their effects since I don't play ops that use them.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
extended barrels rule for spawn peeking and are the 2nd best attachment in the game next to silencers. they're also good for doing those across the map flanking/runout attacks for obvious reasons

but yeah if you wanna do small bursts, use the flash hider/vertical foregrip or whater the latest reddit chart says is supposed to be the best for whatever gun you're focusing on. the situations where that benefits the average player are way more common that anything else

at least until you learn exactly what style of tacticality you want to use because almost all of the attachment combos have a use if you know what your goal is.

for example, using a muzzlebreak/acog then switching your rifle to semi-auto will effectively turn it into a dmr sniper rifle evem though the attachment has been mostly popular for basic .308 recoil

angle grip + laser sights are popular for roaming brawlers that hipfire as they aim down the sights. add a silencer to the mix and you'll find flicking headshots to be much easier.

but generally most people just use a vertical grip with no laser because they are already ADS while holding a tight angle

e: also thicc gender/team swapped lesion is good, just not as interesting as mozzie

Thief fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 7, 2019

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think Mozzie will get a lot of play beyond the first month tbh. He's cool but he's an intel op that requires the team to change something they've spent the last couple years working on (shooting drones)

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Im not gonna lie the 249 is loving hot. Gridlock right now is my new favorite since i love traps and lmgs.

Also throwing traps all over a fortified rooms exits before a fuze bombs the room and ges like 3 kills to win the match is a sublime feeling

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
The new 2.5x scope that both 249s get is really nice. Looks the same as the one on Kaid/Nomad's pistol.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

nomad's reflex sight is cool

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
My 2 factor code stopped working??? I don't know how that's loving possible but I can't log in to my account because of it. Very cool and good program ubi.

edit: it locked me out and told me to wait or change my password. I changed my password (still without a working 2 factor code) and when I tried to log in I was still locked out. Tried again later and it let me log in with the new password and the 2 factor code was working again. Very mysterious. Also why the gently caress am I allowed to change my password without the 2 factor code? Isn't that the entire point of 2 factor????

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 7, 2019

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HAHiJAyN-s

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
If you skip to ~1:20 you can see the fun part but then you miss me hurling Trax cans into the heads of my team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F6JEYKyVTQ

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

i do not like there being a 3 armor attacker with infinite bullets and a 2.5 scope with two very good flank covering gadgets.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Polka_Rapper posted:

If you skip to ~1:20 you can see the fun part but then you miss me hurling Trax cans into the heads of my team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F6JEYKyVTQ

MOTHER FUCKER i STILL don't have meat wall after 1,000 hours

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the easiest way to get is is letting them try to defuse :getin:

here's some random poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXegjgaP2g8

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
People are apparently losing elo for winning ranked atm lmao

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

Agoat posted:

Well it is still in beta.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

jzilla posted:

Well it is still in beta.

This post made me sad.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Agoat posted:

Hahahahaha oh my god thats amazing and i love it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That doesn't surprise me because it was an issue in For Honor as well.

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

Apparently, the loss of rating is due to games with hackers getting rolled back. It just doesn't update until you've completed a game.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5C-OBEnHqM

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

new :australia: map is good

heard the interior feels like clubhouse without an impenetrable basement and i think this is a pretty accurate description

exterior feels like italy where it mostly forces you to really commit if you want to runout or spawn peek if you aren't camping common breach points

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
In the OG discord last night I was playing as mira. I got an ace by pure luck. I should have been dead from glaz.

Can I get a title for Mira Main ? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5C-OBEnHqM

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
I just got Meat Wall as a defender, I was by a window someone was hot-breaching and shot them in the head when they came in. WTF?
Really wish I'd thought to screenshot it.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

It's p funny how Blackbeards shield breaks if you breathe on it. RIP my renown

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Better than when it would take 5 full mags before breaking. You can still absorb a headshot or two but he's not nearly as OP as he was on launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I feel like his one and only gimmick should be stronger though maybe. Maybe just having 1 shield with twice the health points