Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Touma trip report: Mace pull did me a solid. Swapped the mace onto my Artemis and also swapped the Barbatos backpack for the Gundam backpack that I found laying in my collection. Palma Fiocina into Double Saber Rush into Iron Impact pasted him before he could even wing me.

The team:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Looks like we’re getting a new event tonight

quote:

The following is an announcement for upcoming events.

▼”Unseen Assault” Event Coming Soon▼

The Event “Unseen Assault” will begin on 08/13 8:00 PM (PDT).

The Event Missions will have 3 difficulties: Normal, Hard, and Very Hard. The higher the difficulty, the more Assault Coins you can acquire!

You can exchange Assault Coins for items such as Gunpla Parts, Awakening Circuit δ, and more at the Coin Exchange within the Shop.

▼New Gunpla & AI Pilot Pick-Up Capsules Coming Soon▼
New Gunplas & AI Pilots will be added along with the Event “Unseen Assault” on 08/13 8:00 PM (PDT).

■New Gunplas
Gundam X Divider (4★)
Aile Strike Gundam (4★)

*These Gunplas will appear in the Standard Gunpla Parts Capsule after the Gunpla Part Pick-Up Capsules period ends.

■New AI Pilots
Kou Uraki (4★)
Cecily Fairchild (3★)

*These AI Pilots will appear in the Standard AI Pilots Capsule after the AI Pilot Pick-Up Capsule period ends.

■Please Note
・The period for Pick-Up Capsules and their contents are subject to change without notice.
・The Drop Rate By Rarity is not changed for Pick-Up Capsules.

I didn’t notice in the last event but it’s pretty cool that once events are over the pilots/parts become part of the standard pool. I hate when games make parts truly limited.

Extra happy because it means I still have a shot of getting Char.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I ended up pulling an Exia piece on the last day of the event :yayclod:

I was able to farm up enough points to get the purple part upgrade at least. I could probably farm up enough for the purple pilot piece too, but I don't think I want to burn my free refreshes like that.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
So is it ok to just sell off green parts like there's no tomorrow? or is it better to start combining them?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

My phone can't run this. :smith:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Zedd posted:

My phone can't run this. :smith:

I'm on an iPhone SE.

This motherfucker gets HOT.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Yet another reminder that you should buy at least 1 Rising Gundam piece from the Bullseye Coin shop and equip it to your main so you get double coins in the new event from the get-go. Actually, they're so cheap you really ought to buy 5/6 of each and feed them to each other to max out their benefits. Or maybe that's my Exia-part-having privilege showing; got a fuckton of coins to the point that I got a pink upgrade circuit for doing 60 missions, bought another from the store for 1000, and have enough left over that I can buy another as soon as the store rolls over tonight. Not sure what I want to upgrade though- my Exia backpack or my arms (4* Astra? Aries? Something like that. They give me a sweet finishing move.)

Solkanar I would just sell the green parts unless you think they're particularly cool. I'm looking to put together a full Astray Green Frame and Palace Athene, for no real reason other than I think they're rad.

e: gently caress. The event store doesn't roll over; it opened a new event store and this last one is just going to close down in a couple days. Can't hoard coins between events! Also I just got an absolute lovely 10x pull. All 2* crap plus a Bearguy head, which I already had. Daaaaang.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 14, 2019

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

Yet another reminder that you should buy at least 1 Rising Gundam piece from the Bullseye Coin shop and equip it to your main so you get double coins in the new event from the get-go. Actually, they're so cheap you really ought to buy 5/6 of each and feed them to each other to max out their benefits. Or maybe that's my Exia-part-having privilege showing; got a fuckton of coins to the point that I got a pink upgrade circuit for doing 60 missions, bought another from the store for 1000, and have enough left over that I can buy another as soon as the store rolls over tonight. Not sure what I want to upgrade though- my Exia backpack or my arms (4* Astra? Aries? Something like that. They give me a sweet finishing move.)

Solkanar I would just sell the green parts unless you think they're particularly cool. I'm looking to put together a full Astray Green Frame and Palace Athene, for no real reason other than I think they're rad.

Even hotter take: depending on how shiny you want your Rising Gundam, buy RG parts and feed them to the Platinum Coin machine. You get a better return on coins to awakening circuits that way, at least until you run out of RG parts to buy.

This does not apply to the purple circuit, of course.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Man I cannot wait for future events for some reason. I have dreams of getting an F91 (my favorite MS). I can only hope the VSBR will be suitably devastating.

Also waiting for the Ez-8. Sure it will likely be a Blue, at best, but I still love the drat thing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want an abigorbine.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

All I want is a Maxter. Then I can finally die.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
And while we're dreaming, I'd like a pony.

(Imagine I posted a picture of Fuunsaiki here)

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Deathscythe, Turn A, ZZ, Master, the Tequila variant from Build Fighters Try, X or Double X, Devil.

But I completed Story and honestly I have no reason to keep playing. Finish the Free tree? Go through the Hell of Awakening circuit hunt to maybe have the most maxed out Rising and Bearguys possible? Eh.

No way I am pulling that draw again.

It did get the UC's 2nd biggest rear end in a top hat after Ghiren Zabi off to a great start.

I'm 12 levels past this now and.. I have pretty much seen everything there is to do other than make and grind robots that might look prettier but play worse.

To be fair it's more content than some PC SD Gundam game they had out in the US a few years back. Which is why it died so fast. I appreciate the game not being a super douchey grind and easily played for free and all but.. there isn't anything much for me to do in the game now much less a reason to even drop 5 bucks as a token of appreciation.

Edit: let no one say I didn't work it though.

Almost hit the point cap with my mains and they are all blue or purple and most at max blue level. I could have probably built a couple of my actual Gundam kits in the time I spent playing this. Not as "easy" mind you.

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 14, 2019

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I like how they've adjusted the Event this time, lower cost per event mission, lower reward, lower cost for prizes. Probably works out to about the same but it feels less like "okay I did 2 missions. Guess I'll wait 7.5 hours til I can do 2 more"

Edit: Also, officially got the pink title for every job type!

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Just noticed you get a free daily draw from both Standard Parts and Standard Parts 2. Unexpectedly generous.

I'm 2 parts shy of having an entire collection of White units. Yes I am saving 1 of every part. Bite me

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Zushio posted:

Just noticed you get a free daily draw from both Standard Parts and Standard Parts 2. Unexpectedly generous.

I'm 2 parts shy of having an entire collection of White units. Yes I am saving 1 of every part. Bite me

That is a good pickup! And got me my third purple vanilla gundam shield. I only have one blue weapon of any stripe! Give me a weapon!

I wonder if I should upgrade the shield, I actually have it equipped on a technique gundam.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I pretty much always just fuse any dupe regardless of rank. That Gundam Shield you speak of was my guaranteed purple in the tutorial draw. I haven't found anything better yet.

I tend to get pretty granular with my builds and prefer everyone look different anyway so parts rarely overlap. The exception to this is that I really should have kept 3 of Harry's Beam Gun in hindsight. Four 10 draws later and I have recied exactly 1 more. Making it my first since starting.

Edit: I got lucky and drew some Aile Strike arms this morning. Just managed to max out the Blitz Gundam and finish the Normal and Hard Achievements for the event. I'm about a third of the way through the very hard ones.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Aug 15, 2019

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Yeah I could realistically just give everyone that purple shield. It's the only none green shield I have.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
Learned yesterday that achievements don't track when you do a bunch of poo poo at once. So if you have the patience, when you're upgrading, you should use 1 nipper at a time instead of queuing up a bunch. The same goes for the coin exchanges - it's actually really important not to buy multiples there, because the achievement for using those gives you Haro chips.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Crummelhorn posted:

Learned yesterday that achievements don't track when you do a bunch of poo poo at once. So if you have the patience, when you're upgrading, you should use 1 nipper at a time instead of queuing up a bunch. The same goes for the coin exchanges - it's actually really important not to buy multiples there, because the achievement for using those gives you Haro chips.

Didn't realize that was the case with upgrades, luckily that prize is just cash so it's not too big of a deal.

Achievements also don't track if you use skip tickets, but I think that's pretty well known at this point.

Edit: Just upgraded my beam javelin to 5 star. Feels good.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Thanks for the advice.

Man, I'd love to upgrade my 4* Beam Rifle or my 4* Mace to 5* but I keep running up against these drat cost restrictions. I just hit level 40 as well, I was hoping for an extra boost in cost allowance.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Solkanar512 posted:

Thanks for the advice.

Man, I'd love to upgrade my 4* Beam Rifle or my 4* Mace to 5* but I keep running up against these drat cost restrictions. I just hit level 40 as well, I was hoping for an extra boost in cost allowance.

You can tune up your equipment even if it’s not at the max level for its current star level

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Null of Undefined posted:

You can tune up your equipment even if it’s not at the max level for its current star level

The problem is that when you tune it up, the cost to run it also goes up accordingly. I'm tempted to up my bazooka to 5*, but I'm still holding out in case I somehow roll the last shooting rifle.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I haven't done any big upgrade yet but have enough circuits for 3. O currently have like 4.5 million, usually sits closer to 5. How much more should I need?

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

kirtar posted:

The problem is that when you tune it up, the cost to run it also goes up accordingly. I'm tempted to up my bazooka to 5*, but I'm still holding out in case I somehow roll the last shooting rifle.

I’ve never actually run into the cost limit at any point. Though I guess I got my level up pretty early.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I’m pretty much maxed out on poo poo to do at this point, I’m still trying to get a Kampfer torso. Did they every say when they’d open the arena up?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Taintrunner posted:

I’m pretty much maxed out on poo poo to do at this point, I’m still trying to get a Kampfer torso.

lol what, I assumed it had an unreasonably high drop rate. I've gotten at least THREE. What I really want is the got dang Exia torso you've got on.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Diet Poison posted:

lol what, I assumed it had an unreasonably high drop rate. I've gotten at least THREE. What I really want is the got dang Exia torso you've got on.

The drop rates are so weird, which leads he to believe they’re actually really random. I’ve gotten Char’s Zaku legs like 6 times, but I still can’t get a drat Gyan head anywhere.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The drop rates are so weird, which leads he to believe they’re actually really random. I’ve gotten Char’s Zaku legs like 6 times, but I still can’t get a drat Gyan head anywhere.

Yeah, that's really strange... I've been waiting on the last couple of Gouf bits I need for like a week, despite having tons of FP rerolls. I keep getting Alex arms though, so, huzzay? I guess that's free Platinum coins since I have a leveled set of those and I'm not in any rush to tune them up.

But at least I completed Char's Zaku.

I got the Dynames arms relatively early last week, but no luck yet on Exia/Xdiv stuff. Considering either spending an evening grinding for the 1500-harobux capsule, or just waiting this week out and trying the next event.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Looks like they’re gearing up to re-open arena and tweaking some stuff.

tl;dr:

quote:

Schedule of Re-Opening the Arena / Upcoming Balance Changes / Error Fixes
Thank you for all your passionate support for GUNDAM BATTLE: GUNPLA WARFARE since its release.

We would like to take this chance to apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the Arena suspension, and bring to you the latest information regarding the Arena’s current status, as well as address suggestions made by our players and announce some upcoming updates.

▼ Regarding the Arena’s status ▼
The Arena is currently suspended as a measure to cope with heavy player traffic.
The latest information on the Arena and its re-opening schedule are as follows:

Our team is continuing to work on a solution to the loading issue, and we are planning to test our Arena system out with a test period, lasting for 3 days from 8/24 (PDT).
Please note that the rewards obtainable from this test period will be different from those in official event periods.

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused by the Arena unavailability, and would highly appreciate your participation in the Arena tryout.

▼ Regarding Upcoming Balance Changes ▼
We would like to thank our players for giving us a lot of useful opinions and suggestions on how the game should proceed forward. Here are some of our future update plans.

■Adding Variety to Gunpla Builds
– Adding Code φ’s Gunpla Parts as rare drop rewards in Free Missions (Hard).
– Increasing the Parameters of Gundam Artemis’ Gunpla Parts.
– Increasing the Parameters of Haro (Pilot).

■Adjusting Daily Missions
We are planning to increase the amount of Upgrade Nippers obtainable from each Upg. Nippers Mission other than the Amass Capital Mission.

■Adjusting Various UI Elements
– Making visible whether any Multiplier Gunpla Part that boosts the amount of Coins received in Events is in effect.
– Fixing the issue with poor responses to long taps on some devices.
– Changing where you are led to after tapping on the Beginners’ Guide.

▼ Regarding Errors To Be Fixed ▼
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience brought by these errors.
Please find below the details on errors to be fixed.

– When conducting a data transfer, under certain circumstances it is possible that player data saved at a prior time gets transferred instead.
– Downloaded data on iOS versions are saved on iCloud Backup locations.
– The designated error message is not shown when attempting to claim Event Achievement rewards.
– A different image is sometimes shown when viewing other players’ Player Cards.
– The “!” mark displayed next to Collection remains visible after obtaining another Part from a Gunpla for which you have already completed the Collection Rewards.
– “EN completely recovered!” notifications displaying when EN is not yet restored.
– When claiming rewards from Event Mission completions, there are cases where a connection error occurs and a message claiming that your box limit is reached pops up.

Please note that the adjustment contents in this notice are subject to change and may be fine-tuned before their implementations.
We will post another notice when these changes are added to the game.

There is still much more content that we cannot disclose to you yet, but please keep us informed about your opinions and suggestions for the game so that we can take them into consideration for our update plans.

Null of Undefined fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 16, 2019

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

May daily reward like, didn't show up for some reason which sucks because it was gonna be 100 harobux, and I'm at a point in the game where bux are really hard to come by.

Edit: Does anyone know any details about what AI Proficiency is? I'm guessing the higher the level the smarter the AI is? If that's the case then this event is a great way to level it up, with the 5 EN mission.

Null of Undefined fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 19, 2019

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I bought Gundam Breaker 3 after getting tired of the gacha mechanics in this game. Gundam Breaker 3 is very good! It scratches the itch that this game attempts to scratch approximately 10x better.

I hear New Gundam Breaker is, sadly, quite bad. Unfortunately, it is the more accessible game in the west.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

brainwrinkle posted:

I bought Gundam Breaker 3 after getting tired of the gacha mechanics in this game. Gundam Breaker 3 is very good! It scratches the itch that this game attempts to scratch approximately 10x better.

I hear New Gundam Breaker is, sadly, quite bad. Unfortunately, it is the more accessible game in the west.

Yeah, I heard that's why the mobile game doesn't reference Gundam Breaker. They wanted to separate it from NGB I guess.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I haven't touched this in a few days now and I probably won't unless something cool comes along, but feel free to use my Friend Suit until it becomes obsolete

On the bright side I picked up building my RG Tallgeese again on the weekend

Zushio
May 8, 2008
New event seems pretty good. Not only is the cost per mission still pretty low, you get the 7x Bonus to coins from equipping the Gerbera parts you can buy in the store. Also there is an EX Hard version of the mission ranked at 100 000. You get some money and a title for clearing it, but can't use continues. I'm sitting just under 50k for my squad and only my main unit has much growth potential until I get a few more purples. I figure it's not worth it to Awaken blue parts, but I guess I could make a few golds.

There is also a bunch if free chips for some changes to the gatcha,

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Yeah, that EX Hard level is stupid. My best squad tops out around 52K, but I actually have very few 4-star items that weren’t awakened. Even running as many recovery parts as I can, with relief guys nearing 60K on their own, I’ve done it maybe eight times and have only come close once and still haven’t beaten it. gently caress that poo poo, I’d rather grind the other stuff.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Thanks to those bonus chips I got a second Exia backpack... poo poo, do I tune-up and upgrade my current one to upgrade Trans Am Raid, or do I hold onto it so I can recycle it later and maybe get a full Exia?

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Diet Poison posted:

Thanks to those bonus chips I got a second Exia backpack... poo poo, do I tune-up and upgrade my current one to upgrade Trans Am Raid, or do I hold onto it so I can recycle it later and maybe get a full Exia?

Recycle just gives you a random exia part. I vote for upgrade.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Recycle just gives you a random exia part. I vote for upgrade.

Oh you don't get to choose? Yeah, then I think I'll upgrade it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Okay scratch that. You only get the 7x bonus if you Awaken your Gebera part to 4 Star... Bleh.