Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fsif posted:

Let's just start by establishing that there's no way we will ever have a franchise quarterback in the league named "Joe Burrow".

who is in the QB name HoF

Joe Montana
?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Johnny Unitas

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Randaconda posted:

Joe Montana
?

Jim Bob Cooter

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Gus Frerotte

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Elvis Grbac

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mega64 posted:

Chase Young is a decent name for a defensive end too, like he's going to strike fear into rookie quarterbacks.

he's clearly going to be out of the league quickly after his first statutory

quote:

Speaking of which, we haven't discussed one of the most important parts of the draft yet. What are the best names to look forward to?

Yetur Gross-Matos is pretty good just for weird factor. Prince Tega Wanogho sounds like a star wars villain. Anfernee Jennings (just never heard that first name before).

I'm sure there will be more and better ones but it's still early for all the draft frenzy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Gus the gambler Grbac

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Play posted:

Anfernee Jennings (just never heard that first name before).

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hardaan01.html

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Play posted:

Anfernee Jennings (just never heard that first name before).

I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Certified good rear end names that haven't been mentioned

Laviska Shenault
Antonio Gandy-Golden
Chubba Hubbard
Neville Gallimore, THE Hogwarts
Calvin Throckmorton
Cheyenne O'Grady
Joey Magnifico
Nyles Pinckney
Chazz Surratt

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Big Jesus posted:

I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.

Ain't nothing wrong with sharing a name with penny

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i already claimed antonio gandy golden weeks ago in case anyone else was eyeing him

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

The Big Jesus posted:

Glad I wasn't the only one :D

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Randaconda posted:

Joe Montana
?

and by extension, Joe Flacco

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Nah, a good quarterback name is a nondescript first name followed by a last name that could easily pass as a first name. All those Super Bowl babies need to get a name from somewhere.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Simplex posted:

Nah, a good quarterback name is a nondescript first name followed by a last name that could easily pass as a first name. All those Super Bowl babies need to get a name from somewhere.

But alas, Jim Kelly lost all 4 of his super bowls.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Joey Magnifico

Aldi's Corona knockoff.

quote:

Chazz Surratt

Aldi brand champagne.

Edit: me driving my Leviska Shenault *honk honk awooooga* down to Aldi to get a 6-pack of Joey Magnifico.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

Joey Magnifico

Aldi's Corona knockoff.

I was more thinking ill-conceived male stripper persona

Pretty big fan of Chubba Hubbard as well

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Colt McCoy flew too close to the sun on having a HoF QB name.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

wouldn't tua be causing some major tagovailoa family drama if he stays at bama?

like the tagovailoa situation looked pretty good coming into this year - taulia redshirts, tua comes out in the draft, taulia then has a full 4 years (more than he would probably need) to beat out mAc JoNeS and entrench himself

whereas now they've already burned taulia's shirt, so tua would definitely be eating up potential taulia playing time if he stuck around, particularly if he rehabs for all of 2020

fsif posted:

Let's just start by establishing that there's no way we will ever have a franchise quarterback in the league named "Joe Burrow".

fortunately, the solution to this has already been discovered

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 6, 2019

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bengals freaking love picking injured dudes in the first and have Dalton for another year. I bet they would totally pick Tua if they fall out of the first pick, especially if they could trade back with someone who is lusting after Young.

The only teams in top 10 right now that are likely picking a QB are Miami, Cincy and maybe SD? There are a whole bunch right now outside the top 10 who would love a QB so I can't see him dropping much past Denver/Carolina/TB/Jags even if some other dude becomes a darling during the pre-draft stuff

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

Joe Montana
?

Current players:
Joe Flacco
Cam Newton

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
CJ Beathard

If nothing else he lived up to his name

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Fenrir posted:

But alas, Jim Kelly lost all 4 of his super bowls.

Well obviously it's only a predictor of success, not a guarantee. You also have to take into account that sometimes the true quarterback plays on the defensive side of the ball.

For instance, Trent Dilfer is a terrible quarterback name and nobody with that name is ever going to win poo poo. But Ray Lewis is a very good quarterback name

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Randaconda posted:

Joe Montana
?

Gardner Minshew II

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

warren moon and johnny unitas. sorry about how i didn't read the other responses where someone mentioned john boy. I've come back to edit this, and apologize to you for my mistake

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Randaconda posted:

Joe Montana
?

Bart Starr
Brett Favre

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Randaconda posted:

Joe Montana
?

Rex Daniel Grossman III

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Dan Marino.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This class seems like the weakest NFL Draft class since 2013. The top end of the draft is very uninspiring.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol of course it does to the team with no picks until 2029

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Woah, all these high falutin draft picks? Turns out they're nothing but college kids! We don't need no part in that anyway.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I reckon the Niners need linemen and receivers because teams always need those.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Great year to need either tbh

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I mean it sounds ludicrous for a fan of an 11-2 team to talk about what his team needs but there's definitely going to be losses to free agency and the injuries to Kittle and Sanders earlier this year shows we're a bit thin in the receiving department (Sanders doesn't get injured and we didn't lose that Seattle game). Probably should shop for a kicker too, Gould is looking kinda worn out.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm starting to change my mind on Burrow. He might be alright, in fact he might be the most alright out of all the potential new QBs. I just like how he locates the ball, and I like the athleticism and ability to make plays off structure and pick up yards on the ground. Obviously that will be way more limited in the NFL, he's not Lamar Jackson but he seems quick enough to avoid the rush and buy time to make a play. More importantly, when he does throw it's usually on target.

Still not super impressed overall but feeling that Burrow may be the prize here as far as QBs go. He really managed to show a lot this year, and not just because he was on a good team

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

I'm starting to change my mind on Burrow. He might be alright, in fact he might be the most alright out of all the potential new QBs. I just like how he locates the ball, and I like the athleticism and ability to make plays off structure and pick up yards on the ground. Obviously that will be way more limited in the NFL, he's not Lamar Jackson but he seems quick enough to avoid the rush and buy time to make a play. More importantly, when he does throw it's usually on target.

Still not super impressed overall but feeling that Burrow may be the prize here as far as QBs go. He really managed to show a lot this year, and not just because he was on a good team

Burrow owns so hard

https://mobile.twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1203464996958674944

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Too bad about that Bengals thing

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Can’t believe they are flirting with victory so much very risky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth