Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

after a big jack I need so many napkins to clean up the jack sauce. I mean I get MOST of it in my mouth, obviously, but there's SO much and it gets all over my face and my hands

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
give me the Mega Jack. i demand it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zesty sauce owns and is still the original recipe here

----------------

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the Mega Jack is just the Big King XL, my BK doesn't even have the regular smaller version (unless the AU regular one is just the Jr. size patties)

----------------

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

i say swears online posted:

zesty sauce owns and is still the original recipe here

The stuff I got the other day is darker and more orange than I'm used to, plus it has new all brown labeling on the cover.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I do not wish to hear this information

we never had the shortage so I assume there's just a big box of them under a table with my name on it

----------------

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The 3 for 3 deal is pretty good if you want a lunch that doesn't completely fill you up like a regular combo does.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
yesterday, in a burger king, i got yelled at and called ugly & a bitch for turning away from someone who wasn't wearing a mask

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

muscles like this! posted:

The 3 for 3 deal is pretty good if you want a lunch that doesn't completely fill you up like a regular combo does.

I have been trying to avoid my very small break room at work for covid reasons.

There is a Burger King less than a block away. On days I don't bring food, I can grab the 3 for 3 deal and sit in my car listening to NPR for 25 min with my kids meal sans toy. It is the right amount of food for a physically active job with no heavy lifting. Never leaves me hungry and also never leaves me wanting a nap after clocking back in.

It feels weird to get drive through food at a sensible price and portion.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

yesterday, in a burger king, i got yelled at and called ugly & a bitch for turning away from someone who wasn't wearing a mask

I take it you did NOT proceed to 'get busy' in their restroom?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

YeahTubaMike posted:

Perfecting his neg game I take it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yesterday i had what had to have been a fifty-year-old sergeant (E-5) check into my hotel and refuse to wear a mask. took all i could not to start mocking him (you hit E-5 at like 22 in the army if you're average)

----------------

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Big Beef City posted:

I take it you did NOT proceed to 'get busy' in their restroom?

burger kings have bathrooms? oh no, i missed such a great opportunity :smith:

Universe Master posted:

Perfecting his neg game I take it.

seriously, he said that i was only wearing a mask because i was too ugly to take it off. if i'd been more clever at the time, i would have said that i'd rather be ugly than dead, but instead i just told him to go gently caress himself & gave him the finger

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

^^pff gently caress em lady. This is yo chance to do tha' hump!^^

From the old 'Humpty Dance' lyrics

quote:

And just like Humpty Dumpty
You're gonna fall when the stereos pump me
I like to rhyme
I like my beats funky
I'm spunky. I like my oatmeal lumpy
I'm sick wit dis, straight gangsta mack
But sometimes I get ridiculous
I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice
Hey yo fat girl, come here--are ya ticklish?
Yeah, I called ya fat
Look at me, I'm skinny
It never stopped me from gettin' busy
I'm a freak
I like the girls with the boom
I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom

----------------

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Dec 19, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Saw a video where a person was at a BK in Japan and one of the items was the "1 pound burger" where the "bun" was also meat patties.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

muscles like this! posted:

Saw a video where a person was at a BK in Japan and one of the items was the "1 pound burger" where the "bun" was also meat patties.

is it 1lb total, or is it a 1lb burger with additional beef patty buttresses

this is drawing up a weird high school memory of a friend getting a triple whopper when we were walking home after school. the exertion of finishing walking home made him throw up the triple whopper and he never went to BK again as long as I knew him

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It's a rite of passage to chip in and pay for one guy to eat a Double Big Mac with double meat. We didn't live near a Burger King

----------------

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Here's what Burger King's new logo looks like

quote:

The centerpiece of the redesign is the logo, ditching the blue curve that's been in use since 1999. Burger King said in a press release that the new "minimalist logo seamlessly meets the brand evolution of the times." It also pays tribute to brand's 64-year-old history, with the refreshed look emulating an old logo used from 1969 to 1999.
Customers will notice colors that are "rich and bold" on its signage with a new, custom-made font called "Flame." The chain said the font is inspired by the shapes of its food because it's "rounded, bold and yummy."

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Retro logo good choice

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tasty eggy

----------------

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Should have changed it to Hungry Jack., the Burger King

----------------

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
thoughts on burger king tacos? very contentions item indeed. personally i think theyre win as gently caress

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Itchy.
Tasty.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Smythe posted:

thoughts on burger king tacos? very contentions item indeed. personally i think theyre win as gently caress

They were basically just Jack in the Box tacos, but unlike Jack in the Box I never went there just to get the tacos once in a while.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the death spiral continues..

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Smythe posted:

The shell is better but the fillings are worse than Jack. And theyre also more expensive. Rather have Jack tacos.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the filling is worse than jack in the box? really?

----------------

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

As in I don't think it tastes nearly as good. The BK one is less flavorful imo. Just a personal preference

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I would probably agree with that. JitB has spent many years perfecting the questionable taco.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
does australian burger king have tacos

we could have a jack off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Absolutely not, the BK tacos weren't great but the JitB taco filling could literally have come out of an Alpo can.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
told you it was contentious

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jitb tacos own because of the audacity to just stick a cheese slice in there

----------------

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

jitb tacos own because of the audacity to just stick a cheese slice in there

Bk used to do this ten years ago when they originally sold tacos and they were much better

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Tacos??? At a burg restaurant??? :wth:

----------------

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Tacos??? At a burg restaurant??? :wth:

It's called fusion, you buffoon.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
This conversation just randomly reminded me of the Burger King pita bar. Anyone else remember those? Would've been mid-80s, probably? You'd get your pita with your order at the counter, and they had a salad bar-style island set up where you could stuff it with whatever. I don't even remember what they had available. I'm just saying, Burger King pita bar, Wendy's superbar, bring back the fast food bars. It's time. Well, maybe not right now due to events in the world, but in a post-vaccine future, I want to see fast food restaurants with trays of stuff I can just glop onto my plate.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Nipponophile posted:

This conversation just randomly reminded me of the Burger King pita bar. Anyone else remember those? Would've been mid-80s, probably? You'd get your pita with your order at the counter, and they had a salad bar-style island set up where you could stuff it with whatever. I don't even remember what they had available. I'm just saying, Burger King pita bar, Wendy's superbar, bring back the fast food bars. It's time. Well, maybe not right now due to events in the world, but in a post-vaccine future, I want to see fast food restaurants with trays of stuff I can just glop onto my plate.

I really liked buffets and places that had a mini buffet area (like Pizza Hut salad bar) as a kid, because you could make exactly what you wanted. When you're a kid and you want something changed from the default menu, it's a game of telephone. You -> parent -> person taking order -> person that cooks it. Your sincere wishes can very easily get hosed up, and you can't really do anything about it except ask again and hope dad will be rude and gruff to the cashier and not gently caress up your order this time.

A buffet lets you assemble your dream team meal with no grownups to stifle your creativity. You'll probably make some inedible stuff now and then, but it feels like you get to be the chef! That's cool!

I wonder how many years it will be before buffets stop being haram due to covid? :smith:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that made me look up Souper Salad, which had over 150 locations at its peak...right before the 2008 crash. it's got like a dozen places left now and there's no way they're doing well

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Pizza Hut lunch buffet was tight

----------------