Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

heehee posted:

lmao, reminds me of when my friend and i walked in on his brother on his laptop in his bedroom and he freaked out and shut the laptop, we took it from him and checked and he was just watching a lets play of some flash game

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

thinking about high school reminded me that i sat behind a kid in some creative writing course who'd bring his own laptop to work on assignments. one day he instead booted up an emulator and started playing a game i hadn't seen before but looked cool af. i asked him after class what it was and he started gushing about Final Fantasy Tactics. fast forward about 8 years later and he's been one of my best friends ever since and was the one who convinced me to register for SA in the first place.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fungah! posted:

this isnt really gaming related but my freshman gym class they made us wear heart monitors and keep our heartrate at a certain bpm all class, only someone figured out if you drummed on it wth your fingers at the right rhythm it'd register like 350 bpm and if you did that for a few minutes it'd end up averaging out to giving you an A if you just hid and played game boy for the rest of the day

That is absolutely loving epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

heehee posted:

lmao, reminds me of when my friend and i walked in on his brother on his laptop in his bedroom and he freaked out and shut the laptop, we took it from him and checked and he was just watching a lets play of some flash game

Lmfao

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
Took a cad class in high school where the teacher would just sit at his computer and work on architectural plans for his dream house. We all loaded up worms Armageddon and tribes 2 on the computers and did nothing but play those for 5 glorious hours a week for the semester

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Highschool graduations in the band we'd always bring our dses and go on pictochat with random people in the crowd, one time a guy was chatting with us about advance wars when suddenly he goes "oh poo poo I gotta go get my diploma"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Food Boner posted:

Took a cad class in high school where the teacher would just sit at his computer and work on architectural plans for his dream house. We all loaded up worms Armageddon and tribes 2 on the computers and did nothing but play those for 5 glorious hours a week for the semester

Yea, maybe you had the same guy as me because he was getting fired that year so I learned how to use SketchUp, taught the class, and then made a scale model of the classroom in it in the course of 4 days and then spent the rest of the quarter playing Q3 and UT demo and trying to get people to try Warsow. He told me he was going to give me a 100 in the class and then never really said anything to me again other than when he was cleaning out his desk and gave me a huge expensive looking CAD/CAM software box set from 1997ish.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Had the same guy. Me and my boys became professional Halo 2 players and ended up winning over $60,000 all while in class.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Your such an rear end in a top hat dude,

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Had the same guy. Me and my boys became professional Halo 2 players and ended up winning over $60,000 all while in class.

lmfao

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Food Boner posted:

my high school computer teacher didnt give a crap and his class was just us playing delta force on the network with him joining in

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In shop class in middle school there were like 4 or 5 ancient computers in the classroom area and some days the teacher would just not give a gently caress and instead of making spice racks or whatever he just let us play games for an hour. I remember playing a ton of Scorched Earth and some DOS version of Jeopardy with CGA graphics.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

We also watched a half hour long video about bridges collapsing one day. That was cool

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

heehee posted:

Lmao that rules

Hiraeth
May 14, 2021
just remembered a time that my mother's boyfriend's kids brought over sonic heroes one day and we called dibs on which team's story we would finish (there were four of us including my brother), so i got really offended when i was last and i refused to play the game as team rose as a result

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

this isnt really gaming related but my freshman gym class they made us wear heart monitors and keep our heartrate at a certain bpm all class, only someone figured out if you drummed on it wth your fingers at the right rhythm it'd register like 350 bpm and if you did that for a few minutes it'd end up averaging out to giving you an A if you just hid and played game boy for the rest of the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzNc_CTRHAM

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
childhood gaming definitely includes the commercials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTi5EaocGaY

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

heehee posted:

i really wanted crash bandicoot as a kid, so i would always beg my mom to get it whenever she went to the store. she came back from costco one time and i asked if she got it, she said yea, here it is and put a container of goldbond foot powder on a table near the front door. my excitement rendered me retarded and i spent like 5 minutes trying to figure out how this was a video game, slowly going through the stages of grief before realizing it wasn't a game and running to my room to have a tantrum for the rest of the day

Lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

very nice i like posted:

From the family gamer vault - thanks to modern technology I'm able to present to you this image without the limitations of disposable cameras holding anything back

Lol I remember playing a copy of Wolfenstein 3D I got from some family friend as a little kid and my dad watching me murk dudes in it and having no problem, but he got really upset when he saw me
killing dogs and made me uninstall it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My dad would have me drive him to the mall in Vice City once or twice a month so he could go on a shooting spree with the mini gun.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

NienNunb posted:

My dad would have me drive him to the mall in Vice City once or twice a month so he could go on a shooting spree with the mini gun.

:yikes: :blastu:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Awesome lmao.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

My brother was playing some n64 game that was an arcade port, I think gauntlet legends or sf rush or something, and it had a vestigial 'insert coins' on screen. He was 3 or 4 and ran to my moms purse and grabbed a handful of change and inserted them into the n64 air ducts. He kept doing this for days, and even started putting in folded up dollar bills until it stopped working and we had to mail it to nintendo. They even mailed the money back lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

My brother was playing some n64 game that was an arcade port, I think gauntlet legends or sf rush or something, and it had a vestigial 'insert coins' on screen. He was 3 or 4 and ran to my moms purse and grabbed a handful of change and inserted them into the n64 air ducts. He kept doing this for days, and even started putting in folded up dollar bills until it stopped working and we had to mail it to nintendo. They even mailed the money back lol

lmao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmao

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

give Nintendo your money

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bob definitely did some poo poo like that.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Remember sitting in the cafeteria in 3rd grade overhearing a conversation from the kid across the table from me talk about how if you knew the exact right place you could make a vine shoot up into the sky and it would take you to a secret board in the clouds, and how you can shoot fireballs and find hidden rooms in the underground board, and building up this massive image of this immersive fantasy world in my head. When I finally played SMB I was surprised at how it was nothing at all like I imagined it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Bob definitely did some poo poo like that.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nice av dude.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fiesta Cat is a deity.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Fiesta Cat is a deity.

Remember the fiesta cat plush toy fiasco. That was an epic saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tried to throw a party without lighting the birthday candles on my Fiesta Cat shrine, and all my playlists turned acoustic.