Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

...and when my friends said they were into FF I always thought fantasy football...

...huh.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

TVsVeryOwn posted:

what's the other F for? friends? fetish? fagina?

loving

Maybe fetish

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

loving

Maybe fetish

it was right there! thanks

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
I'm magically delicious.

cruft posted:

Okay so what countries would correctly make up "Eastern Europe", or is that term just so overloaded that nobody should use it for any country?

Like, the middle of the US is in Eastern Colorado, but the "mid-west" is considered, like, Ohio. So I get that place names don't need to line up with actual maps.

It's not as confusing as all that, it turns out.

The former Soviet states of Belarus, Ukraine, and Moldova might be just three countries but they are much more decidedly in the "eastern part of Europe" than any of the places we were talking about. To the extent that lumping them in together using a term that can certainly be overloaded and is if true still harmful I would unfortunately say that an instinct to avoid the "E word" stems from a desire that things weren't the way they are, rather than them not being so, if that makes sense: Poland and Czechia are firmly in the center even if parts of the population and country identify with the east. Ukraine and Belarus are in the east even if arguably a slim (and in some place & times larger than slim) majority wishes they were more firmly tied to the global West and that in a fairer world they would be able make their preferences a reality.

Throw in Bulgaria and Romania, where the label arguably doesn't change much either way, and you have a nice line running down parallel to the others.

The other contenders are more ambiguous.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 10, 2021

cruft

Fist the fisting forum, Kaiser Schnitzel

biosterous

ordering burgers and cheesecake for anniversary reasons

(we had cheesecake as our wedding cake it was great)

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

cruft

The last three posts, when viewed as a whole, are very BYOB.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

cruft posted:

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

The last three posts, when viewed as a hole, are very BYOB.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

cruft posted:

Word

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Some not nice people here are all blowing up socially conservative media outlets talking about how there is a gay agenda and they are trying to indoctrinate your kids and the opposition is somehow part of it.

Honestly I thought aside from being typical regressive screeching it was a ridiculous freak-out because if anything it's become more okay to be okay for people my age to be openly intolerant, whereas this would have been kind of hid in shame just a few years ago. So it seemed like just another example of those in control acting like an oppressed minority is doing the oppression; when I see a grown man make a post called "I'm 11 and pOlItIcAl now start pack" implying there is a fad to be LGBT+ I figure it's the same moral panic that has these folks seeing abortionist parades up and down the street.

But then I see that rainbow everything is pretty much the tween accessory of the day in my city and that some very young couples seem to be a lot more confident with like holding hands in public and my normally (I hope) kind self goes from rolling my eyes at something being overblown to just thinking "Good. It is good that this upsets you that you feel bad. You should go cry bout it."

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Look I just wanna be queer and eat snacks.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Would be nice if the secret gay agenda was real to be honest.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The gay agenda is just a list of snacks

Zil

Mormon Nailer posted:

The gay agenda is just a list of snacks

What is your favorite snack MN?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Zil posted:

What is your favorite snack MN?

Drugs, but also right now it's salsa verde marinated veggies, grilled and eaten with chips

Zil

Mormon Nailer posted:

Drugs, but also right now it's salsa verde marinated veggies, grilled and eaten with chips

very nice and based on previous posts, how much of that was homemade/homegrown?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Zil posted:

very nice and based on previous posts, how much of that was homemade/homegrown?

90% including corn for tortillas to make chips. The only things store bought were limes,salt and oil. Seasonings are largely herbs and alliums because that's easy to grow and all my veg are home grown if I can help it.

It soothes my hosed up brain to grow my food, then cook it.

Zil

Mormon Nailer posted:

90% including corn for tortillas to make chips. The only things store bought were limes,salt and oil. Seasonings are largely herbs and alliums because that's easy to grow and all my veg are home grown if I can help it.

It soothes my hosed up brain to grow my food, then cook it.

drat orb, all that sounds amazing. I can't even grow grass, I did not inherit my families farmer genes

Gramps

Mormon Nailer posted:

I need to know more about this recipe. I just started a new diet to get my blood pressure under control and I found some really good no salt tortilla chips so this is exactly what I need to assist me on my quest to not die of a myocardial infarction

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gramps posted:

I need to know more about this recipe. I just started a new diet to get my blood pressure under control and I found some really good no salt tortilla chips so this is exactly what I need to assist me on my quest to not die of a myocardial infarction

Omg yessss get it with the health booboo!

Basically this is cowboy caviar but fancy. Here's the hand wavy recipe:

Slice everything to the same size:
1-2 zucchini
1-2 very firm tomatoes
1-2 onions, not super strong (Texas sweet is nice)
1-2 bell peppers
5-7 jalapenos (optional for you, perfect for me)

I like a medium lengthwise slice, then in half for the zukes, so it matches tomato and onion and pepper slices. Halve the jalapenos and take the seeds out if you're bebby but like, seeds good.

Marinate in salsa verde of your choice--if you're using store bought, definitely check the sodium content bc they're really pumping it up there lately. Mrs. Renfro's green works but I prefer Herdez for store bought in this case. I make my own and literally I have no idea what I do to it because I'm always high as poo poo when I make vats (literal washtubs) of it when the tomatillos are ready.

Grill the fuckers. Char them nicely. If you want grilled corn to go in this too, do this at this time ON THE COB. Use a grill pan (cast iron pref) if you're doing this indoors. A foreman grill doesn't give you good char.

Cool, kind of chop into tiny bits, add corn now if you want, and more green sauce. I recommend throwing in some roasted garlic too, and the lime juice to taste.

Fridge it. Overnight. I KNOW I'M SORRY. Trust me.

Eat of it. Enjoy of it. Yes.

Gramps

Mormon Nailer posted:

Omg yessss get it with the health booboo!

Basically this is cowboy caviar but fancy. Here's the hand wavy recipe:

Slice everything to the same size:
1-2 zucchini
1-2 very firm tomatoes
1-2 onions, not super strong (Texas sweet is nice)
1-2 bell peppers
5-7 jalapenos (optional for you, perfect for me)

I like a medium lengthwise slice, then in half for the zukes, so it matches tomato and onion and pepper slices. Halve the jalapenos and take the seeds out if you're bebby but like, seeds good.

Marinate in salsa verde of your choice--if you're using store bought, definitely check the sodium content bc they're really pumping it up there lately. Mrs. Renfro's green works but I prefer Herdez for store bought in this case. I make my own and literally I have no idea what I do to it because I'm always high as poo poo when I make vats (literal washtubs) of it when the tomatillos are ready.

Grill the fuckers. Char them nicely. If you want grilled corn to go in this too, do this at this time ON THE COB. Use a grill pan (cast iron pref) if you're doing this indoors. A foreman grill doesn't give you good char.

Cool, kind of chop into tiny bits, add corn now if you want, and more green sauce. I recommend throwing in some roasted garlic too, and the lime juice to taste.

Fridge it. Overnight. I KNOW I'M SORRY. Trust me.

Eat of it. Enjoy of it. Yes.

Ohhh that sounds loving goooooood. I've never been big on zucchini, but I was also a wuss who didn't really eat veggies most of my life so it's probably been awhile since I've tried it. I'm sure I'm going to love it now considering I love all the veggies I hated as a kid. Except peas. gently caress peas.

You're the best :kiss:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gramps posted:

Ohhh that sounds loving goooooood. I've never been big on zucchini, but I was also a wuss who didn't really eat veggies most of my life so it's probably been awhile since I've tried it. I'm sure I'm going to love it now considering I love all the veggies I hated as a kid. Except peas. gently caress peas.

You're the best :kiss:

Big love. Death to peas, they are poo poo from an rear end in a top hat!!!!!!!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Mormon Nailer posted:

Big love. Death to peas, they are poo poo from an rear end in a top hat!!!!!!!

Peas are really good I love peas of all sorts.

I really really love the leseur English peas in the silver can that do not come from England or France

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Gramps

Mormon Nailer posted:

Death to peas, they are poo poo from an rear end in a top hat!!!!!!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Peas are really good I love peas of all sorts.

I really really love the leseur English peas in the silver can that do not come from England or France

I was force fed (literally physically) super mushy canned peas microwaved with butter and cane sugar several times as a kid and literally cannot consume them because of that. I have summer severe food hangups but peas are the only vegetable.

Stoner Sloth

Mormon Nailer posted:

I was force fed (literally physically) super mushy canned peas microwaved with butter and cane sugar several times as a kid and literally cannot consume them because of that. I have summer severe food hangups but peas are the only vegetable.

ew yeah not a fan of mushy peas - i know some british folks who like them but they seem to be of the school of folks who think food should be some kind of punishment

i love snow peas and most peas so long as they've got at least some texture though - properly cooked minted peas can go great with some thing for example

but understandable that many folks get put off them or just find them objectionable for whatever reason and fortunately there are a whole lot of delicious veggies to choose from!

Manifisto

if you happen to like them, frozen baby peas are great because they can be tossed into nearly anything for the last few minutes of cooking and bam! you got yer veg

ty nesamdoom!

Stoner Sloth

Manifisto posted:

if you happen to like them, frozen baby peas are great because they can be tossed into nearly anything for the last few minutes of cooking and bam! you got yer veg

haha yeah i love that about them cause i am a lazy

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Green beans are the one true instant vegetable for me. I haven't had a meal yet that I can't just add green beans and be exceptionally happy.

Stoner Sloth

Mormon Nailer posted:

Green beans are the one true instant vegetable for me. I haven't had a meal yet that I can't just add green beans and be exceptionally happy.

love me some green beans too!

Gramps

Mormon Nailer posted:

I hated them having grown up on canned bullshit green beans, but now fresh beanz roasted after being tossed in garlic and oil is one of my favorite things. I especially love them fancy rear end french haricots verts motherfuckers

Zil

Stoner Sloth posted:

Manifisto

man there are some absolutely delicious green bean dishes/ways of cooking them, I wish I liked them more in general tho

e: for example, with butter, fresh ginger, and lemon zest (and some salt) it is so good

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 12, 2021

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Stoner Sloth posted:

I like to stir fry them in sesame oil, too much garlic, doenjang or gochujang and a little extra chili flakes, then cover them in sesame seeds and eat it with rice and maybe an egg. It's my "I'm extremely lazy but want a flavor bomb" food because it's cheap pantry stuff that requires the barest minimum of effort. Like a step above "microwave this."

I eat a lot of weird stuff. It stems almost entirely out of chasing dopamine because my brain is just so wrecked from disorder and years of drug use stemming out of that disorder (which was directly caused by abuse) and so, it's almost a self healing thing for me to cook myself something even if it's weird as hell.

Manifisto

you may eat weird stuff (and if that's what works for you more power to you), but that sounds delicious!

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also if you aren't doing this and can afford to/have space: freeze cubes of butternut squash. Or buy bags of frozen butternut squash cubes.

Put cubes in literally anything. I put them in vegan instant pot chili and they melt into the texture so there's no solid squash, just a thicker texture. My mom puts cubes in her baked oatmeal in the fall because it's a pumpkin-y sweetness that lends well to buttery, spiced baked goods. I like it for 15 minute soup, especially in the fall.

15 minute soup
Boil some stock and seasonings with a bag of cubes for a bit until soft and ready to puree. For seasoning, I like sage, thyme, black peppercorn, onion, garlic (mild), salt, nutmeg, cardamom, cinnamon and honey. For stock, use low sodium chicken or low sodium veg. Remove any inedible bits of herbs. Puree with a stick blender or in a canister, CAREFULLY, and add either smetana or plain unsweetened Greek yogurt or buttermilk or hell use heavy cream go hog wild, for your desired consistency. Serve that with whatever bread you have, and coffee.

Stoner Sloth

Mormon Nailer posted:

I like to stir fry them in sesame oil, too much garlic, doenjang or gochujang and a little extra chili flakes, then cover them in sesame seeds and eat it with rice and maybe an egg. It's my "I'm extremely lazy but want a flavor bomb" food because it's cheap pantry stuff that requires the barest minimum of effort. Like a step above "microwave this."

I eat a lot of weird stuff. It stems almost entirely out of chasing dopamine because my brain is just so wrecked from disorder and years of drug use stemming out of that disorder (which was directly caused by abuse) and so, it's almost a self healing thing for me to cook myself something even if it's weird as hell.

firstly :glomp: it sucks you got put through that poo poo, I can relate somewhat but yeah. it's great that you're doing a cool (and very tasty) self healing stuff with cooking - i've tried a couple of things you've suggested now and it's helped and been great because my cooking skills are basic af really lol

i gotta get into using more sesame - it's a great flavour and 'extremely lazy but want a flavour bomb' sounds like a perfect kinda thing for me!

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Mormon Nailer posted:

my friend, if it works for you then more power to whatever recipe madness you throw together. Any examples?

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

5:32am: yeah I'm eating pao de queijo, yeah they're leftovers from yesterday, who cares, put cherry jam on them, drink coffee with it, there aren't any rules in this hell world anymore