Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Treecko posted:

Beer is OK but I've switched to bubbly water instead because I have a problem. Better than putting down a pint of cheap vodka or a 12 pack of Miller every night.

I've found something that splits the difference between boozy water and beer. Expensive, but there's usually a sale on somewhere.

It's... not bad. Pleasantly orangey. Light enough to toss 'em back. 4.0%, so you don't get sloshed quite so quickly as my current favorite, Coors Banquette.

Now ol' Coors Banquette is alright, too. Even better at $8.49/8.

I wish they'd stop reintroducing older beers and cigarettes. Banquette and Lucky Strikes, I feel like all those old pictures of my uncles and their friends slamming down a few before driving across the frozen Cedar River in a beat to hell pickup on rims without tires. I smell like my uncles and their friends slamming down a few before driving across the frozen Cedar River in a beat to hell pickup on rims without tires.

Where do I buy corduroy pants in this day and age? Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Coors banquet is highly underrated for a domestic. Love those stubby bottles.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

:emptyquote:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Picked up two new-to-me beers at the liquor store for NYE. I'll post pics of what I'm drinking as best I can, I'm basically an old at phone posting

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

A good friend (and lung transplant recipient) had to nuke his immune system about two years back and couldn’t drink anything with “live” stuff in it. He “discovered” Banquet Beer as one of the few things he could still drink and enjoy at all. The part of me that watched Smokey and the Bandit at every opportunity as a kid was all about checking it out. It won’t blow your mind/palette, but it’s not guilty of any crimes of commission, meaning it’s a pleasant, archetypal American Beer (not the bland, dreaded, “light lager,” that was almost all we had following the demise of Prohibition.

It’s excellent dog park beer :)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

gonna have a beer tonight but im going to buy two in case i like the first one

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

madeintaipei posted:

I've found something that splits the difference between boozy water and beer. Expensive, but there's usually a sale on somewhere.

It's... not bad. Pleasantly orangey. Light enough to toss 'em back. 4.0%, so you don't get sloshed quite so quickly as my current favorite, Coors Banquette.

My all time favorite beer water is Cracked Canoe

3.5%, easy all day drinkin'

My new favorite is a local 4%, Route 19's Celtic Shore, which is lemony beer water

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Great Notion in Portland is the best brewery and I'll have sex with anyone who disagrees.

This should go without saying but you won't enjoy it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

gonna have a beer tonight but im going to buy two in case i like the first one

Always the correct choice, it's not good to run out of beer

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Read a complaint about ‘pinecones’ itt a few hours ago now im picking up a gaddamn Resin since that sounds so good.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

theres a double IPA here called "amnesiac" and one time when i drank so many on a camping trip that i found out why they call it that

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

My wife and I are having a simple beer and nachos NYE, so we're sticking to easy, local-ish stuff:

Deeters fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 1, 2022

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Deeters posted:

My wife and I are having a simple beer and nachos NYE, so we're sticking to easy, local-ish stuff:

Ok2berfest was one of my favorite fall beers this year

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
A thread for me :guinness:

I definitely love stouts and porters, hefeweizens, and a good old ale or lager as well.

IPAs are of the devil.

Well, thanks for listening :tipshat:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Lots of beers incoming

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Next up!!!

I can't figure this out on mobile whateva

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
More beer? Hell yeah

SnazzyDude
Oct 28, 2021
Picked up Leinenkugel's (holy gently caress) Toasted Bock. I like it, like most of their stuff, but I think I like their Summer Shandy the most.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I like bueeer

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Ok2berfest was one of my favorite fall beers this year

Yeah, I like marzens/Oktoberfests in general, but that's one of my favorites

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

This is the best beer I had all year. But I’m also scared to drink more of it. Fun times!

https://www.instagram.com/martinhousebrewing/p/CYKLenhluEk/?utm_medium=copy_link

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

I’m enjoying a frosty steel reserve, it’s truly the champagne of malt liquors. I will fight you on this.

Golfing beer: Michelob ultra

Best for drink ability I can’t believe I drank a 6 pack so fast: red stripe

Best low carb beer: bud select

Proooobably best draft beer: bells two hearted

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Best Japanese beer: Kirin special brew. Why do they even make other beers there?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I cannot stop, will not stop!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

SnazzyDude posted:

Picked up Leinenkugel's (holy gently caress) Toasted Bock. I like it, like most of their stuff, but I think I like their Summer Shandy the most.

I haven't had it in a while but their Black Lager is really good stuff.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tnuctip posted:

Best Japanese beer: Kirin special brew. Why do they even make other beers there?

It's not bad, but I'd rather something like Sapporo Black or the Yebisu Stout I posted a pic of earlier. I think they are made by Sleeman in the US though, so definitely not as good as they are in Japan.

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

Tnuctip posted:

Hitachino Nest is the Japanese doing a phenomenal job at making a Belgian Wheat. Love the hell out of that stuff

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Discernibly Turgid posted:

Hitachino Nest is the Japanese doing a phenomenal job at making a Belgian Wheat. Love the hell out of that stuff

It’s good but I’m not paying $6 a bottle.

*sips Treehouse NEIPA*

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

It’s good but I’m not paying $6 a bottle.

*sips Treehouse NEIPA*

Kinda had to quit paying much attention to price tags when I moved to DC. If that’s a virtual Treehouse, sign me up.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Discernibly Turgid posted:

Kinda had to quit paying much attention to price tags when I moved to DC. If that’s a virtual Treehouse, sign me up.

I hear ya. I live 30 minutes from Treehouse and I love their lagers :homebrew:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I cannot drink this kind of beer any longer

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Professor Shark posted:

I cannot drink this kind of beer any longer

I keep it to a minimum. They do bad things to my GI tract.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Here's today's first beer. I'm gonna probably drink two max today, I drank enough for a whole rear end month on NYE

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Deeters posted:

Fun story about Jack's Abbey: When they first started canning/distributing they were small and almost entirely family run and only did German Purity Law beers because the founder/head brewer had learned how to brew in Germany and didn't know how to do anything else at that time. Back then they didn't have a dedicated rep working with bars/restaurants/liquor stores. I found all of this out from a beer dinner where they supplied the drinks and the rep introducing the beers and talking up the brewery had just no idea what was in the beer (not hard with traditional German beers), what the difference between styles was, etc. By the end of the dinner she explained that she was actually the social media/website manager and also the cousin of the brewer/owner (at least a couple of his brothers worked there as well) and had drawn the short straw and had to come out and run the dinner.

Sometimes the rep can make or break a beer dinner. I went to one at the same place that featured Sebago and the beer was terrible (Sebago specializes in hoppy beers and source a lot of their hops from local farmers near the brewery in Maine. The Irish Red and the Porter were hopped to gently caress and near undrinkable), but the guy had good energy and at one point ran to his car to grab a couple bottles of a style not served that night. Having someone knowledgeable and excited for the beer and who worked with the restaurant to put a menu together even with not-great beer is far better than someone serving you not-great beer with no thought or care. I've had good beer dinners with Sam Adams because the rep knew to pair their IPA with a Jamaican rabbit stew to compliment/cut the spice. I miss beer dinners.

Professor Shark posted:

My all time favorite beer water is Cracked Canoe

3.5%, easy all day drinkin'

My new favorite is a local 4%, Route 19's Celtic Shore, which is lemony beer water

Harpoon makes "Light Force" which is their 99 calorie version on their UFO and probably the only Lite beer I've had that didn't taste like failure. You could put it up against the mainline UFO and not tell the difference.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

bagmonkey posted:

I cannot stop, will not stop!

How was this? I have an aversion to sour flavors so I tend to avoid this kind of thing....
Did they balance the sour with malty?

Lazyfire posted:

I miss beer dinners.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

How was this? I have an aversion to sour flavors so I tend to avoid this kind of thing....
Did they balance the sour with malty?

It's definitely a sour-focused beer. I loving love it, but it's definitely NOT the type of beer you want to drink more than one of. Honestly, I know it's a Flanders Red, but it just make me want a proper red ale. I think that might be my mission this week, find a proper red ale.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also, gonna be picking up my Mug Club Membership this week with lady bagmo! They usually have food trucks so I figured I can go pick up my mug club stuff, get some kombucha (they do a bunch of in house kombucha) and beers and food, have a nice date night!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I'm glad nobody has posted anything by BrewDog yet, that's a good sign.

I had this over Christmas, good job it was only 330ml as it was a 17% Russian Imperial Stout, and a bloody good one at that

Abaddon by Tartarus Beers

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dell_Zincht posted:

I'm glad nobody has posted anything by BrewDog yet, that's a good sign.

Curious why? I don't particularly care for them, I've bought 6 packs from them thrice and TWO of those packs had improperly-sealed cans that were flat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Curious why? I don't particularly care for them, I've bought 6 packs from them thrice and TWO of those packs had improperly-sealed cans that were flat

Where to start? The horrific working conditions? The internal memos forcing their staff not to speak out? Their gimmicky beers? Tone deaf marketing practices? Shady competitions with false advertising?

Oh and my favourite: The shareholder scheme!

Google any of those things, it should answer your question in more detail 🙂