Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If boomers bought me a hot tub I'd probably be more chill in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
loving boomers making me sit through that dumb kids history class every loving playthrough

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Shinjobi posted:

If boomers bought me a hot tub I'd probably be more chill in general

My life's ambition is to own a jacuzzi.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

All the generations are pretty lovely.

Except genX they seemed pretty cool for a bit

WolframAlpaca
Nov 14, 2014

More like utopia of drools amirite :grin:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

runnypoops posted:

Millennials Are The Sounding Generation

No, the peeing blood thing is from their untreated kidney problems due to lack of health insurance.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Posting in teh MOST EPIC motherfucking gbs millennial thread :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny:

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
noted millennial website something awful

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

EorayMel posted:

Posting in teh MOST EPIC motherfucking gbs millennial thread :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny:

I'm afraid you've been misinformed, OP. That thread is over here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3978090

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Meme Poker Party posted:

My life's ambition is to own a jacuzzi.

they're like $350 at costco

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

no joke, thanks to a boomer that low key lent me like my yearly salary i just bought a house that has an outdoor spa pool and indoor two spa baths. it's the loving best

also i have hammocks and they are somehow even better?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
To quote Robert Redford from 3 Days of the Condor: "gently caress the Wall Street Journal!"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

chaosbreather posted:

no joke, thanks to a boomer that low key lent me like my yearly salary i just bought a house that has an outdoor spa pool and indoor two spa baths. it's the loving best

also i have hammocks and they are somehow even better?

Dude I cannot adequately express how jealous I am

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ellasmith posted:

He looked like one of Holden Caulfield’s phonies to us

Got to this line and realized I was reading a mad diatribe written by a lead poisoned individual. Seriou god damned lol and the mf'r don't even get it.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

He thinks holden caulfield was a cool and good rebel

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Poohs Packin posted:

I know. He is fail in the maximum. We know this now.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Someone's angry that we killed Applebee's because of our cursed avocado toast.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

EorayMel posted:

fyad is totally gonna come out and high five you for this awesome gbs dunk :D

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Someone's angry that we killed Applebee's because of our cursed avocado toast.

There are perfectly normal people in the baby boomer generation. This person is not one of those.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

I remember arguing with my highschool english teacher that Holden Caulfield is a sexually abused arrested development prick who needs therapy not me reading a book about his thoughts and them getting irate I missed "the message of the book"

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Poohs Packin posted:

I had to read this book in high school, and all I really recall of it is my roiling contempt for the protagonist, and the apparent expectation that his character was in any way relatable to my experience

the fucko who shot John Lennon is just that little bit more pathetic than most murderers for ever suggesting that it inspired him, imo

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ellasmith posted:

One last word of advice: You won’t believe what your kids will say about you.

none of my siblings or i had any kids. my parents are racist and really proud of their supposed superior genetics, and the fact that their line probably ends permanently with us really bothers them.

:lol:

:lmao:

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I mean he's not wrong about Norm MacDonald being funny, let's be real here for a moment.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

SatansOnion posted:

I had to read this book in high school, and all I really recall of it is my roiling contempt for the protagonist, and the apparent expectation that his character was in any way relatable to my experience

the fucko who shot John Lennon is just that little bit more pathetic than most murderers for ever suggesting that it inspired him, imo

this is what everyone says lol I've seen it a million times

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Why is the loss.jpg guy writing articles about millennials in the WSJ

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Living a care-free devil-may-care lifestyle inside of of my 5G insulated Winnebago

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Modulo16 posted:

Its as if an entire generation went through:

- the Great Recession hamstringing our economic development
- 2 wars causing huge swaths of mental and physical issues that aren’t being treated by the VA
- the opioid epidemic causing crippling addiction and deaths

And is like, super angry about it. Why don’t they just get over it?

Lol if you think I have any sympathy for the bitches that signed up for those wars. At least the boomers had a draft that was trivially easy to evade as an excuse to murder people instead of just wanting to fail at college for free.
Oh no I am only in like the third best time and place to be born in history gently caress my parents for not completely overriding historical materialism and giving me everything completely handed to me on a silver spoon.

Like, gently caress this guy and his dumb takes but also look around you at the world and be loving grateful.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Weka posted:

Lol if you think I have any sympathy for the bitches that signed up for those wars. At least the boomers had a draft that was trivially easy to evade as an excuse to murder people instead of just wanting to fail at college for free.
Oh no I am only in like the third best time and place to be born in history gently caress my parents for not completely overriding historical materialism and giving me everything completely handed to me on a silver spoon.

Like, gently caress this guy and his dumb takes but also look around you at the world and be loving grateful.

lol “smile more”

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

hawowanlawow posted:

this is what everyone says lol I've seen it a million times

I enjoyed the book, nodding knowingly as this dingdong of a main character acted like a dumb teen. I was not a dumb teen in the same way, but I was most definitely a dumb teen and the book was a fun read with that in mind.

Never been tempted to read it again, but for required reading I didn't mind it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I'm still laughing my rear end off at the pinnacle of artistic medium being Animal House.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

I'm still laughing my rear end off at the pinnacle of artistic medium being Animal House.

Look, dude, sexual harassment doesn't exist and college is just for fun, just accept it.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Boomers disemboweled their own revolution for running shoes.

Woodstock was a commercial venture to make money from something the kids liked.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

FoolyCharged posted:

Hey, the nerd decided not to rape the passed out 13 year old girl. That was pretty solid for 1978.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Weka posted:

Lol if you think I have any sympathy for the bitches that signed up for those wars.

This is as dumb as it is sociopathic.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Weka posted:

You know alot of the kids who ended up in iraq and afghanistan were really poor with no chance of going to college. They get signed up by "recruitment officers" who were trained under the same organization that brought us "enhanced interrogation", just saying.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Weka posted:

At least the boomers had a draft that was trivially easy to evade as an excuse to murder people instead of just wanting to fail at college for free.

Not if you were poor.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Poohs Packin posted:

You know alot of the kids who ended up in iraq and afghanistan were really poor with no chance of going to college. They get signed up by "recruitment officers" who were trained under the same organization that brought us "enhanced interrogation", just saying.

Some, but mostly the us military recruits from the middle class. Also I don't think free college is a good excuse to kill people.

kntfkr posted:

Not if you were poor.

Nah they just liked to give this impression. Surprisingly few people were punished for draft dodging.

"during the Vietnam era, approximately 570,000 young men were classified as draft offenders, and approximately 210,000 were formally accused of draft violations; however, only 8,750 were convicted and only 3,250 were jailed."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft_evasion_in_the_Vietnam_War

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Weka posted:

Some, but mostly the us military recruits from the middle class. Also I don't think free college is a good excuse to kill people.

Nah they just liked to give this impression. Surprisingly few people were punished for draft dodging.

"during the Vietnam era, approximately 570,000 young men were classified as draft offenders, and approximately 210,000 were formally accused of draft violations; however, only 8,750 were convicted and only 3,250 were jailed."

Cool, next rationalize your super class sensitive bitchmade post in regards to the other things you hand-waved away: The Great Recession and Opioid epidemics.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Weka posted:

Theres no date information on this table. Is this immediately following 9/11? Or is it 10 year census data? Does this include all armed forced including air force? What about ROTC and people exiting naval academy?

I sincerely appreciate you providing data to back up your dislike of soldiers. Ive had interaction with US Marines overseas and can understand the sentiment.

Im firmly against all the "support our troops" propaganda, but celebrating violence against someone because their parents earned more than 66k seems a bit myopic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Also some of what they're counting as "middle class neighborhood income" definitely isn't depending on circumstances like family size and cost of living in the area.