Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Your overeager attempts to beak bomb constantly end in a whiff, be careful unless you want Kazooie to be a smear on the side of a cliff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how does Bottles know all these aerial moves anyway

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Hwurmp posted:

how does Bottles know all these aerial moves anyway

He's a trained pilot.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

With that vision?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

ChaosArgate posted:

I haven't actually played much of either N64 Zeldas on NSO but I thought Ocarina's emulation was getting better with patches?
It's been fixed for months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-fYXwxuFxQ

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Hwurmp posted:

With that vision?

Exactly, think how good his mastery of the theory is.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

No-look egg shooting is pretty baller.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Fun fact, you can destroy the snowballs the snowmen throw to get honeycombs. It's the only renewable source of health in the game.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Mr. Vile posted:

Fun fact, you can destroy the snowballs the snowmen throw to get honeycombs. It's the only renewable source of health in the game.

:raise: How?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I have played this game so many times and I keep finding out new poo poo about it in this lp. First the totem respawns and now you can shoot down the snowballs, what next? Is there a bazooka hidden somewhere?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
You just punch them as they get thrown at you.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

FoolyCharged posted:

Is there a bazooka hidden somewhere?

BAnjo KAZOOie

BAZOOKA 'n' joie

it's right in the name

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

It begins.

WAHEY!~

Interestingly, I watched another blindplay of this game earlier today and her first Boggy race went exactly the same way yours did, down to which gate bonked and didn't count. It's also possible to lose by getting stuck underneath a bridge if you're not careful!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Ah, the Ice key. Such a nice fee. Rumors abound until its purpose is found.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Black Robe posted:

BAnjo KAZOOie

BAZOOKA 'n' joie

it's right in the name

I mean, the bazooka was named after a musical instrument...

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

oh, and polar bears will absolutely try to eat a walrus

I'd link some documentary footage, but this might not be the thread for walrus violence

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

YOU'RE USING TOO MANY RED FEATHERS ARGH

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Use more red feathers Argate!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Argate why haven't you used any green feathers yet

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Every feather spent is ripped directly out of Kazooie's flesh, the floating pickups simply represent Banjo's growing desire for cruelty.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Argate just not killing the snowmen all video was great. Especially after artix flat out said there were goodies under them when he realized the mumbo token while sledding was available because the snowmen get despawned for the race.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

After several attempts you ended our long international nightmare, if I need to hear "wa hey" one more time I'll tear out all my hair!

edit: I forgot about the second race and posted too soon, post after watching a video in full if you want to shoot for the moon

liquidypoo fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jul 21, 2022

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Now you can see a nice ice key which you can have for free!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:ssh: even though the Flapflip Jump is a backflip, it's got no backwards momentum and you should still face towards your target

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

quote:

"What does a 'scary teddy bear' even look like?"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Looks like a more fun level than shifting sand land at least

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Gobi Desert's music is a track I always found catchy, but I must admit the amount of fun here does seem sketchy

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Don't have an opportunity to watch tonight, but I'm just going to post hoping he did the thing with the yellow jinjo

E: he didn't find it at all in this episode. The suspense is killing me!

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 23, 2022

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It's crazy how much more damage the Rat-a-tat Rap does over everything else. You hit that enemy with a bear swipe and a roll and it still had to be finished with the Rap, then the next time you saw that enemy you defeated it with one Rap

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
The bear swipe only exists because they needed something to happen when you're stationary and you press the B button. The rat-a-tat-rap vs the roll is a good reward for performing a more complicated move. You have to jump and aim, all the while taking the z-axis into account. That z-axis consideration is what defined the whole generation of platformers and I think being rewarded for understanding the height of the enemy and the hit box of Kazooie's beak makes for a really satisfying experience.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The roll is also smoother movement for enemies that only take 1 hit.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
The desert music is really becoming a bit grating

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I honestly love it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Argate's habit of unlocking an area and then just going somewhere else entirely rather than the place he unlocked is hilarious.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That music is stuck in my head now, thanks

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
If you want to know why we call them "Wellies" in Britain then it really is down to a fella called Arthur Wellesley who was the 1st Duke of Wellington, he popularized the boots in the early 19th century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Judge Tesla posted:

If you want to know why we call them "Wellies" in Britain then it really is down to a fella called Arthur Wellesley who was the 1st Duke of Wellington, he popularized the boots in the early 19th century.

The 19th century golden age of naming clothing for inclement weather after generals or battles.

See also the cardigan and the balaclava.