Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Also, please make the Pelosi bust pictures at least a 2 week off offence, I think I speak for many of us when I say we are tired of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

StratGoatCom posted:

Also, please make the Pelosi bust pictures at least a 2 week off offence, I think I speak for many of us when I say we are tired of them.

physics tells us that for every bonk, there is an equal and opposite antibonk

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
The Pelosi Bust

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

StratGoatCom posted:

don't take this away from me

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
For every Nancy Pillowsi you don't post I'll post two

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

okay ill compromise

combine the glenn thread and the trump thread, move the new single thread to the byob subforum

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mayor Dave posted:

For every Nancy Pillowsi you don't post I'll post two

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

studio mujahideen posted:

okay ill compromise

combine the glenn thread and the trump thread, move the new single thread to the byob subforum

swap their names and tags every few days

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Weka posted:

Probe paul soccer every time they miss a snipe.

Done.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

StratGoatCom posted:

y cant u let us have this.? this why the forums are dying

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

The joke uh isn't strictly speaking very funny but I'm not sure it breaks the rules

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

you should misclick the probe by the same number of posts

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
cspam is cool, dreylad is triple cool, all the mod staff here should get funding for doing a good job when the revolution comes and for now they should have to settle for consenting sexual partners of their corresponding orientations if any as desired, or alternatively a giant pile of weed

i did not read anything in this thread

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

NeatHeteroDude posted:

hello! i'm a mod now. please be nice to me

gently caress you (i don't know who you are)

e: i have now read the thread and my previous comments stand except that vyelkin is also triple cool.

Arivia has issued a correction as of 07:57 on Aug 7, 2022

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

CSPAM is good because idiotic positions are expressed succinctly rather than being hashed out over 5000 words and several pages of pedantry

If you make a particularly good post you should be granted one (1) use of the r slur

On those notes consider reopening the D&D embassy thread

CSPAM should be closed at midnight

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

E Depois do Adeus posted:

If you make a particularly good post you should be granted one (1) use of the r slur

It irritates the hell out of me that some people seem to be incapable of not using that word.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shifty Nipples posted:

It irritates the hell out of me that some people seem to be incapable of not using that word.

Do you get equally annoyed when you see people using dullard, moron, etc?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lol I didn't even have to be like *cough* AnimeIsTrash *cough*

you sure are a dumbass

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I'm genuinely asking. There are a dozen ways to call someone a "retard" without actually using that term. Are you offended by those too?

The word filtering backseat modding is some of the most annoying traits people here have.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Shifty Nipples posted:

I dont think they have the intellectual capacity to use other words.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I'm genuinely asking. There are a dozen ways to call someone a "retard" without actually using that term. Are you offended by those too?

The word filtering backseat modding is some of the most annoying traits people here have.

just my own experience, but as a "millennial aged human," calling someone a retard was always seen as a pretty exceptional and specifically targeted term to demean the mentally disabled.

in some of the worst case scenarios i saw kids my age who had severe autism called that out of pure meanness to indicate nothing other than "haha, your brain doesn't work right, and by calling you this i can inflict pain and get a reaction out of you that i will find funny"

mileage may vary, but I'm wondering which of the other dozen terms you're referring to are basically the same

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

only one of these two words has eugenicist connotations.

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

E Depois do Adeus posted:

this is the real reason that it's only allowed in the glenn thread.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

nice whataboutism :smuggo:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Calling someone a retard isn't the same as calling them stupid or an idiot or whatever. It's insulting someone by comparing them to a developmentally disabled person.

My nephew has severe cerebral palsy, and my sister has spent his whole life fighting for him to get included in society, to keep him in school rather than kept in a back room somewhere, to get him access to aides and assistive technology, and not let him be pushed aside and marginalized. And I feel like that's what "retard" does, labels disabled people and pushes them aside.

I don't like the word police either. Say whatever words you want man. But a lot of people find that word legit hurtful. FYI.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

there are exactly three words for calling someone "retarded" besides "retard", and those three words are "idiot," "moron" and "imbecile."

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

speng31b posted:

just my own experience, but as a "millennial aged human," calling someone a retard was always seen as a pretty exceptional and specifically targeted term to demean the mentally disabled.

in some of the worst case scenarios i saw kids my age who had severe autism called that out of pure meanness to indicate nothing other than "haha, your brain doesn't work right, and by calling you this i can inflict pain and get a reaction out of you that i will find funny"

mileage may vary, but I'm wondering which of the other dozen terms you're referring to are basically the same

The Pussy Boss posted:

Calling someone a retard isn't the same as calling them stupid or an idiot or whatever. It's insulting someone by comparing them to a developmentally disabled person.

My nephew has severe cerebral palsy, and my sister has spent his whole life fighting for him to get included in society, to keep him in school rather than kept in a back room somewhere, to get him access to aides and assistive technology, and not let him be pushed aside and marginalized. And I feel like that's what "retard" does, labels disabled people and pushes them aside.

I don't like the word police either. Say whatever words you want man. But a lot of people find that word legit hurtful. FYI.

Thank you for saying what I am unable to properly articulate :)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

speng31b posted:

Do you think the connotation of calling some "low iq" or a "dullard" is different than calling someone a "retard"?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Do you think the connotation of calling some "low iq" or a "dullard" is different than calling someone a "retard"?

IQ is an antiquated concept

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

no, yes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Most of the time someone uses the word "retard" they get probed for it anyways. What is the complaint here? Do you think probes should be escalated?

If you are really offended by the word you can use an addon like stylus to replace it with another word of your choosing.

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
r/wallstreetbets recently banned using the word 'retard', and it was a major part of that sub's culture. that means the glenn thread is the last place on the internet that is a true free speech zone. and you would attack that? truly, fascism has come to cspam, to destroy the last thing that makes it unique. if you take that away, how are we any better than the rest of them? if anything we should add more slurs to the accepted list and allow more threads to use them. it's the most obvious, shortest, direct route to both improving post quality, and getting new posters into the site.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Shifty Nipples posted:

IQ is an antiquated concept

exactly what a room temp iq rear end bitch would say

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Whats your Int modifier

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Most of the time someone uses the word "retard" they get probed for it anyways. What is the complaint here? Do you think probes should be escalated?

If you are really offended by the word you can use an addon like stylus to replace it with another word of your choosing.

I just brought it up because you said it's basically no more offensive than a dozen other things, which in my personal experience isn't really true. Maybe I'm wrong though.

But yeah i mean if people wanna keep doing it they'll keep getting 6ers or whatever, i don't have an opinion on that part of it one way or another.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

tbh i miss saying "retard" and "bitch" when speaking english because they're funny words, but i don't want to hurt anyone except the people i'm flaming

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

You use a word that others here and elsewhere have repeatedly told you is more hurtful than other words you could choose in the same circumstance. They have concluded that you use that word specifically because you want to hurt them more than you otherwise would.

Personally, I think you call people retards because you like being a contrarian and think you're proving a point or needling mods with it. I can tell you that at this point hitting you with a 6er for that is, at worst, a chore for us. Like, you made a mess and now we have to clean it up.

I'm legit not sure how you can read what other people are saying in here and go "yeah, it's good and right to keep calling people retards". I used to call people retards too, I stopped, so did a lot of other people, and I hope you can too.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Why Would I be offended? Are you trying to call me retarded without calling me retarded? Yeah I think you specifically should be banned for it every time considering your rap sheet.

I just don't want using that word as an insult to become normalized and have more and more people think it's cool and good to say or whatever.

Smythe posted:

exactly what a room temp iq rear end bitch would say

ouch

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
animeistreash epically fighting back against oppression and authority by typing stupid poo poo into the reply box on an ancient web forum. die a hero or live king enough to be a villain. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

He's suffering from trump thread aggro syndrome and needs to be rehabilitated