Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Next we hear Todd will be frustrated to be informed PL rules prohibit owners from appointing themselves manager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Dont do it Graham it will be miserable

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

vyelkin posted:

reading in one article that the pursuit of Gordon was a moneyball thing that Tuchel thought was stupid

also that if they can't get Potter they want Poch or Zidane

Woah, Zidane would be the kind of madness I'd tune in for.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

According to bloke Tifo IRL had on, a lot of it was to do with Tuchel having lost the dressing room as well as being pissy about being consulted on transfers (lol?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YarsUHN8__0

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

rear end cobra posted:

Are you kidding, guy's going to get like an £8 million payout when he gets sacked next year.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Potter is a Villa fan so I am supremely confident he will come home when Stevie G gets binned.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

According to bloke Tifo IRL had on, a lot of it was to do with Tuchel having lost the dressing room as well as being pissy about being consulted on transfers (lol?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YarsUHN8__0

They had Marina doing all the transfers, then the takeover shitstorm happened and Tuchel had to answer for a lot of poo poo that wasn't his department. Then they fired Marina, Cech left and they wanted Tuchel to have an opinion on everything while all he wants to do is be left alone and coach a time. You can tell he's been kind of worn out lately.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

rear end cobra posted:

there are worse ways to spend your career than getting the Di Matteo contract where you get put on gardening leave for four-and-a-half years and they just send you seven-figure cheques in the post

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I have a hot take.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

blue footed boobie posted:

I have a hot take.

what his name??? lol

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Woo!
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1567532385889140737?t=dSxfDBJfywV7bWeboecJAg&s=19

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I thought Chelsea was doing a lot more badly but they’ve won three of their six league games, all of which were played without their latest signings. This seems extremely kneejerk lol.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Frankston posted:

Potter is a Villa fan so I am supremely confident he will come home when Stevie G gets binned.

He definitely came up with some odd selections when we played you. One lad who now is hated by Swindon fans played for us only twice, both against Villa.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

When was the last time a Prem manager jumped to another Prem team midseason

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When was the last time a Prem manager jumped to another Prem team midseason

I think it would be Pardew going from Newcastle to Crystal Palace, but I might be missing someone

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Didn't Villa and Norwich switch managers last season?

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Dean Smith might not count because he was sacked by Villa and a week later got the job at Norwich.

Marco Silva got fired by Watford rather than poached by Everton.

Had to look it up and apparently it was Pardew leaving Newcastle for Palace

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Not too surprised by Tuchel being fired since by all accounts he's a raging rear end in a top hat who nobody likes

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Not too surprised by Tuchel being fired since by all accounts he's a raging rear end in a top hat who nobody likes
Hes a what? Btw don’t sign your posts

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/NFFC/status/1567586742336688129

lmao another one

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

They have to be taking the piss lmao

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

God, this fucker again

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Vinestalk posted:

God, this fucker again
No need to be rude, I'm just posti... Oh, you mean Costa.

TBF, the fact that half the discussion about him when this was first floated involved the word "shithousery" does make me excited for this potential signing.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I legit think Costa is a sociopath. Something is wrong with that guy.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Frankston posted:

mashallah

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Betfair/status/1567609432971907072

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Yeah he seems like a nutter and only hangs around places for a couple years, probably for this reason. Given that Chelsea were just a turd in the toilet bowl waiting to be flushed it seems like not that bad if an idea?

Also Graham Potter rules and the idea that managers need big club experience is dumb.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

But who goes next, Brendan?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

I wouldn't blame Klopp for wanting to go, but FSG's strategy has been totally dependent on Klopp making up for all their Moneyball shenanigans and Klopp has a lot of his contract left, so it's not going to happen.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Vinestalk posted:

0 Premier League red cards. Costa is the consummate sportsman

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

T Bowl posted:

But who goes next, Brendan?

Whoever loses the Villa v Leicester game

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I remember when I said Gerard should just stay at Rangers and become a club legend by finishing in the top two of a two horse race for 20 years rather than get thrown into the PL managed meatgrinder, and hell, I was right. He could even be managing a team in the CL.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Frankston posted:

Whoever loses the Villa v Leicester game

Sack em both if it's a draw imo.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Mechafunkzilla posted:

0 Premier League red cards. Costa is the consummate sportsman

Him winding up Arsenal's Gabriel Paulsita for that red card is burned into my brain forever.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vinestalk posted:

He's a simpleton.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Shrapnig posted:

He's a simpleton.

Vinestalk posted:

“I sense great vulnerability. A man-child crying out for love. An innocent orphan in the post-modern world.”

“I see a parasite. A sexually depraved miscreant who is seeking only to gratify his basest and most immediate urges.”

“His struggle is man's struggle. He lifts my spirit.”

“He is a loathsome, offensive brute. Yet I can’t look away.”

“He transcends time and space.”

“He sickens me.”

“I love it.”

“Me too.”

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

I remember when I said Gerard should just stay at Rangers and become a club legend by finishing in the top two of a two horse race for 20 years rather than get thrown into the PL managed meatgrinder, and hell, I was right. He could even be managing a team in the CL.

*in a very neville southall voice*

"well done, they're aberdeen"

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Strawman posted:

“I sense great vulnerability. A man-child crying out for love. An innocent orphan in the post-modern world.”

“I see a parasite. A sexually depraved miscreant who is seeking only to gratify his basest and most immediate urges.”

“His struggle is man's struggle. He lifts my spirit.”

“He is a loathsome, offensive brute. Yet I can’t look away.”

“He transcends time and space.”

“He sickens me.”

“I love it.”

“Me too.”

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Klopp's Liverpool were really Riding The Lighting for a while now but now it seems they have the fans St. Angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i hope tuchs getting the boot heralds in the chelsea moneyball era, a bunch of racist cunts having to get excited for serbian centrebacks from the championship and xG delivering trequartistas from Liga MX.