Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

It's a nice reminder that there is no "public use" (or unrestricted use) internet space, which in this case, is a net gain for society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Yaldabaoth posted:

Owning the libs by sucking up to Big Daddy Putin who will most certainly put a bullet through my head after I fulfilled my purpose by burning down my home country.

Im pretty sure not every company in Russia is state owned. I also don't think Putin is aware or particularly cares about kiwi farms. Lastly I don't think Putin is going to personally execute the admin of kiwi farms after they(?) destroy america

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Milo and POTUS posted:

I cant believe new zealand would do this...

The fact that this fucker uses a word in Te reo Māori is so gross.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ad by Khad posted:

they spent years doxxing and harassing trans goons to the point where LGBT threads here warn against posting personal information and photos with a big disclaimer that "this is not a safe space"

they still do this. i got featured recently and they had stalked me across goon discords.

apart from being trans im a really uninteresting person for these people too. im not a celebrity and im pretty normal, it was literally just because of the circumstances of my birth.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I heard William Henry Hairytaint was ifriends with someone from there

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Yaldabaoth posted:

Owning the libs by sucking up to Big Daddy Putin who will most certainly put a bullet through my head after I fulfilled my purpose by burning down my home country.

i'm glad of it

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Strange Poon posted:

Didn't they later go after Lowtax, or was that just some good ol internet memein'

It was much more pathetic than that, Lowtax went over there and started trying to puppetmaster.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

shame on an IGA posted:

It was much more pathetic than that, Lowtax went over there and started trying to puppetmaster.

you'd think if anyone on the internet had seen enough to know that this doesn't work it would have been Lowtax, and yet...

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Splicer posted:

You can't kill something that's already dead.

what is dead may never die

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Those idiots don't even farm poo poo! Not one loving tractor or silo to be found!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
oh, they got siloed

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I wonder if SA "reforming" is really just it's userbase growing up. I regged on SA when I was like a 19 yrs old poo poo head. Growing up and becoming a father has completely changed my outlook on what's funny and acceptable.

Of course a lot of people don't change when they get older so maybe it was a natural filtering process.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Thundercracker posted:

I wonder if SA "reforming" is really just it's userbase growing up. I regged on SA when I was like a 19 yrs old poo poo head. Growing up and becoming a father has completely changed my outlook on what's funny and acceptable.

Of course a lot of people don't change when they get older so maybe it was a natural filtering process.

If you read old helldump threads like half the users are banned/permabanned, so there's probably a bit of a selection bias

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Chinatown posted:

woke mods nerfed this place so hard

lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Terminal autist posted:

Im pretty sure not every company in Russia is state owned. I also don't think Putin is aware or particularly cares about kiwi farms. Lastly I don't think Putin is going to personally execute the admin of kiwi farms after they(?) destroy america

We are in the stage of propaganda where Russia is now behind every bad thing to ever happen. Stub your toe? Russians. Trip? Russians.

It will pass once everything calms down and people will laugh at how silly it got

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

We are in the stage of propaganda where Russia is now behind every bad thing to ever happen. Stub your toe? Russians. Trip? Russians.

It will pass once everything calms down and people will laugh at how silly it got

Well for example the dark web markets serving the west are generally hosted in russia. Given their domestic stance on drugs I don't think they tolerate it for free speech reasons.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

poverty goat posted:

Well for example the dark web markets serving the west are generally hosted in russia. Given their domestic stance on drugs I don't think they tolerate it for free speech reasons.

I think they tolerate it for the same reason a lot of the illegal stuff that happens in the west is tolerated, it’s to much effort to go after

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

CharlestheHammer posted:

nice try, Ivan

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

this 'stage' has been going on for 110 years or so, so idk how intelligent of an argument it is (its not!)

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Thundercracker posted:

Same. I'm still single and a stay-at-home COVID doomer, but the empathy centers in my brain now work well enough to just allow me to have a sensible chuckle at things like Sonichu and move on.

I can even kind of appreciate why Chris-chan made Sonichu - her teacher wouldn't let her use copyrighted stuff for a project, so she just mashed the two together. With a less hosed-up brain it might have even lead to work that was genuinely funny instead of just inspiring a bunch of assholes to rubberneck or harass her for years on end :smith:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Omon Ra posted:

Like raping her mother?

Stumbled in here from the probe page but just curious did this turn out to be true or was it more targeted harassment? Obviously I’d prefer it not be true because that’s just way darker than I’d prefer

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Stumbled in here from the probe page but just curious did this turn out to be true or was it more targeted harassment? Obviously I’d prefer it not be true because that’s just way darker than I’d prefer

nope, true. shes currently in jail.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Mycroft Holmes posted:

nope, true. shes currently in jail.

Ugh. What a dismal ending to an already hosed up saga. Well, thanks for the info at least

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Cliff Yablonski is proto-Kiwi

Jeff why haven't u taken care of this https://www.somethingawful.com/cliff-yablonski/

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Eason the Fifth posted:

Cliff Yablonski is proto-Kiwi

Jeff why haven't u taken care of this https://www.somethingawful.com/cliff-yablonski/
Yeah this is pretty much why my SA bookmark goes straight to the forums and has for 20 years. Even for early internet the frontpage was the stupid kind of edgy.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

cancel bill fillmaff

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

I heard William Henry Hairytaint was ifriends with someone from there

Mods? Plz? Accusing me of being buds with doxxers is heinous! Strike him down!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

GolfHole posted:

cancel bill fillmaff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PEhUB2U1dc

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
The Cultural Marxist Party Of The United States (CuMP) has prepared a statement:

Lol. LMAO

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Foo Diddley posted:

my favorite part is cloudflare's explanation that they really really REALLY did not want to do this, but unfortunately were forced to act:

https://blog.cloudflare.com/kiwifarms-blocked/

so gently caress you too, cloudflare

idgi are you saying that big tech should be the unelected, unaccountable, media policing authority?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

me capitalist!!! rarr!!!!
feed me shareholder rarrrghhhhhh

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Methanar posted:

idgi are you saying that big tech should be the unelected, unaccountable, media policing authority?

They'll only ban bad things

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

CharlestheHammer posted:

Unlike russian leaders of the past, Putin really does want to murder everyone else on Earth as his stated end goal because he's a nihilist who thinks nothing matters other than killing everyone before they can kill you. It's called the dark forest scenario.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

They'll only ban bad things

There's about 80 million people who think the DNC is bad. and a lot of them work at big tech in positions of power!!!

So again, why do you think big tech should be an unelected unaccountable private media police

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Methanar posted:

There's about 80 million people who think the DNC is bad. and a lot of them work at big tech in positions of power!!!

So again, why do you think big tech should be an unelected unaccountable private media police

They will only ban things that I, the protagonist of reality, dislike

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Methanar posted:

It's a slippery slope, if they deplatform the nazis they can deplatform anyone

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

poverty goat posted:

It's a slippery slope, if they deplatform the nazis they can deplatform anyone

They're more likely to deplatform the non-nazis considering that twitter facebook and cloudflare are run by nazis. hth

so again. why do you want the nazi capitalists to be the media police

Methanar fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 4, 2022

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Methanar posted:

They're more likely to deplatform the non-nazis considering that twitter facebook and cloudflare are run by nazis. hth

so again. why do you want the nazi capitalists to be the media police

this is a really boring question because we live under capitalism which means they already are the media police