Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

At last, the epic offensive showdown for the ages we’ve been salivating for between Patrick Mahomes and…looks back and forth several times from the transcript…Jared Goff?!?

I mean...well they've done it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Tom Brady in a week

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is good

https://twitter.com/AnnieAgar/status/1577323481120776193?s=20&t=kvmBrYoi-YNRsIEluNRNNA

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Chiefs/Lions Superbowl

At last, the epic offensive showdown for the ages we’ve been salivating for between Patrick Mahomes and…looks back and forth several times from the transcript…Jared Goff?!?

There was that one game they played where the Chiefs scored 51 points and still lost.

A shame they aren't playing this season!

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

epic bacon posted:

if the NFL really cares about player safety then Tom Brady should not be allowed to play the rest of the season

No no, let him go out like he came in, with a Jets player almost killing someone on a relatively normal tackle

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shinji2015 posted:

Probably true, but memeing on it is much more enjoyable than the truth
:hmmyes:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I watched an amateur film breakdown of the last Ravens offensive series. So I said before 4th down was on Lamar and I stand by that. So 1st down we made a pass to Duvernay that got us with like 1 or 2 yards to go. That was a good play. The big bad play was next where we tried to run straight forward. But the RT Moses got beat bad and messed up the whole play. And we lost yards. And then on the next play the pass blocking failed so Lamar couldn't pass to the open Likely he had to run. Now see that's where you can truly pin it on the pass blocking. Then of course the 4th down which we've already gone over.

What I think the Ravens should do is when Stanley is ready just move Faalele to RT(his natural position) and see how he does there. I also simply don't understand why we don't get Ben Cleveland involved since he seems like more of a run blocker who can let us do what we like to do on these short yardage situations. If we have all those guys plus Ricard, plus Gus Edwards soon things should improve a lot for us. But we have to try to make use of the players we have. We drafted Cleveland in the 3rd round last year and it's like we're dragging our feet trying to use him. Faalele would have never seen the field either if not for injury. I get that his being a competent backup LT is somewhat of a miracle but still. That's the dumb way this team thinks. We don't get the most out of our talent. And that's why I want Harbaugh outta here.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

ok

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Nintendo 49ers posted:

Feel like everyone assumed this was going to be the QB draft portion of the rebuild for the Lions, but they should probably start thinking about extending Goff and put every single draft asset into that defence.

The Lions have spent almost all their last two drafts on defense and this is where they're at.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Tom has never lost to the Falcons, who the Bucs play this week, so if he loses then the magic is certainly gone and we can count him out.

Oh man who do I root for

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Silly Burrito posted:

Oh man who do I root for

I mean if the falcons win, they are still bad

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hot Diggity! posted:

Giselle might be a witch and so expect Rodgers to be hitting her up soon

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-describes-some-of-the-crazy-pregame-rituals-gisele-has-him-go-through-every-week/

She's gonna steal his powers and turns out she was the one making him powerful all along. Time to count him out.

I would still marry her if she divorced

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

edit: old tweet was deleted

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1577369625947672576

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 4, 2022

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I had a dream that the Chargers signed Philip Rivers To a one say contract and retired his number at halftime of the Chiefs game later this year and we won 35-34

It would be a little weird for them to retire Colts legend Philip Rivers' number at a Chargers/Chiefs game but I guess it's possible.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I’m counting out touchdown tom’s marriage

also lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The grouping's on this are pretty funny:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Beginning to think I need to take Loose Change more seriously now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

I want to just cover the thing in red circles.

Look at that Millsbisky eclipse, the J diamond, the grandpas, the flushed toilet.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Kalli posted:

Good to know that the Panthers didn't waste a top 10 pick to get marginally better play than 2022 Baker Mayfield.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Chiefs/Lions Superbowl

Um, did you forget one of the greatest games ever?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

several extremely good low key jokes in here

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

Good to know that the Panthers didn't waste a top 10 pick to get marginally better play than 2022 Baker Mayfield.

And missed due to the whole everything else of the panthers, horn is legit.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Good god this is killing me.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

And missed due to the whole everything else of the panthers, horn is legit.

Yep.

I'm assuming CJ Henderson is getting picked on and roasted because teams would prefer to not look Horn's way.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

SunshineDanceParty posted:

The Lions have spent almost all their last two drafts on defense and this is where they're at.

One issue is that many of their defensive picks have spent most of their time injured. Levi Onwuzurike was supposed to be a fixture of the defensive line, but he's been limited with a lingering back injury and hasn't played at all this year. Ifeatu Melifonwu went on IR week 2 of last year and hasn't played much this season. And Josh Pascal is also still out, though it seems like he'll likely be making his debut after the bye.

It doesn't help either that the big FA signings are also out injured. Tracy Walker and Romeo Okwara are two of the best players on the defense, and both are out with Achilles injuries (Tracy from this year, Romeo from last year).

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
That's a lot of travel.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1577388643433447424?s=20&t=bEVJdjHrr3VhQ8RXWmhbag

Also:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1577389545003393024?s=20&t=bEVJdjHrr3VhQ8RXWmhbag

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1577390006875947008?s=20&t=bEVJdjHrr3VhQ8RXWmhbag

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 4, 2022

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

HappyHippo posted:

Um, did you forget one of the greatest games ever?

I actually did :sweatdrop:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

fsif posted:

lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So Carroll and Wilson is basically the mirror image of the Belichick and Brady situation.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So Carroll and Wilson is basically the mirror image of the Belichick and Brady situation.

In that both sides look mediocre after the split?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Bill Belichick is still much better at football than Russell Wilson.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Lotta coaches made dumb decisions this off season that they're having to eat poo poo over.

- Belichick: *waves hand in general direction of coaching staff*
- Tomlin: Stubbornly insisting on starting Trubs
- Rhule: Traded for yet another dud at QB
- Reich: Ditto
- Harbaugh/Ravens: Lamar bet on himself and is winning
- Kingsbury: Continues to be Kliff Kingsbury

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Is Reich responsible for Matt Ryan? the owner walked into the locker room and said Wentz was loving gone at the end of last year, not sure about that one.

I also wouldn't call what Tomlin did wrong. He sent Trubisky out there to die until Pickett was ready, mission accomplished. That team was always going to live and die on what the defense could drag them to and Watt died immediately, so they were boned.

Also the Pats offensive line is playing really well except for Isaiah Wynn who got benched for Cannon, who played well in the second half. If they're actually good and that's what loving Matt Patricia is actually coaching, gently caress me.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Kalli posted:

Is Reich responsible for Matt Ryan? the owner walked into the locker room and said Wentz was loving gone at the end of last year, not sure about that one.

I mean he vouched for Wentz last season, so the whole QB mess right now is sort of on him. Plus were they really going to bring back Wentz after that joke of a game he had against the Jags?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

For a 1-3 team, we sure have a lot of teams raiding our practice squad.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Bored out of my mind this afternoon so I did the productive thing of watching NFL highlights, specifically all the blocked punts/kicks of last season. It seems like every other clip is of the WSH or Packers getting blocked. The WSH even had a kicker named Blewitt who had 3 kicks blocked in two weeks.

Tell me GB and WSH have improved their very special teams this season.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Hughmoris posted:

Bored out of my mind this afternoon so I did the productive thing of watching NFL highlights, specifically all the blocked punts/kicks of last season. It seems like every other clip is of the WSH or Packers getting blocked. The WSH even had a kicker named Blewitt who had 3 kicks blocked in two weeks.

Tell me GB and WSH have improved their very special teams this season.

The Packers hired Rich Bisaccia so I'm assuming they're much improved. He's a top 5 ST coach and has been for many years.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

For a 1-3 team, we sure have a lot of teams raiding our practice squad.

The tides are changing: https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1577403928425091072?s=20&t=lqHAlmM1sZZuob8c9L2-ng

Edit: More bottom of roster/PS moves:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1577403331139538958?s=20&t=lqHAlmM1sZZuob8c9L2-ng

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Just from the games I've seen and what Packers fans have said in the GDTs, the Packers ST is night and day from last year's trainwreck. Hell, they were pretty stellar on Sunday's game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Besides hiring Rich, the Packers finally changed their roster management to have a few dedicated special team guys rather than raw positional prospects. Hell that’s exactly why they just picked up Eric Wilson is for special teams.

They also got a new long snapper and a punter who doesn’t stink at holding.