Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Kirios posted:

I feel like LSU fans will treat the Bengals as their AFC team as long as Burreaux is there.

Probably. 49ers have picked up a group of fans in central Iowa this year too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Doh

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kirios posted:

I feel like LSU fans will treat the Bengals as their AFC team as long as Burreaux is there.

Yep. Plenty of local news stories about him last year when the Bengals were marching on to the Super Bowl.

I mean, the Texans are my AFC team but I root for the Bengals because of Joe Burrow.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/latimesfarmer/status/1615549348124954624?s=46&t=92O2PiLU299rmpKWFWhnRA

oof

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

One important thing they’ve done to succeed is not put Anthony Lynn in charge of anything important.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’ve got nothing personal against Anthony Lynn, but the Lions’ offensive success over the last 25 or so games began after MuscleCoach fired him and took over playcalling/promoted Ben Johnson to OC.

Ben Johnson & Pals then wrung a top 6 statistical season out of Jared Goff, a man whose psyche had been shattered totally and completely since that Super Bowl a few years ago.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

One important thing they’ve done to succeed is not put Anthony Lynn in charge of anything important.

Seriously

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I'd say running backs coach is a somewhat important position for the San Francisco 49ers.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'd say running backs coach is a somewhat important position for the San Francisco 49ers.

What's he going to tell CMC that he doesn't already know?

Shanahan offense is good for running backs, I doubt Lynn has much to do with it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Nodoze posted:

What's he going to tell CMC that he doesn't already know?

I imagine it’s like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv-FcxlEMaw

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

That's the sort of thing might get the Ravens to give up all the money. If Lamar goes to Washington and has success there that would be a disaster for the Ravens organization. Tons of fans would follow Lamar there and maybe jump ship altogether over time

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
lol that the chargers are out because the one ref hates ohio state players

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

Ed Hochuli’s hatred of Iowa state is well known.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how many fans do you figure would follow lamar to washington. do you think it would be closer to 5,000, 20,000, 50,000, 100,000, or more. i'll say my bet after you say your bet

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

how many fans do you figure would follow lamar to washington. do you think it would be closer to 5,000, 20,000, 50,000, 100,000, or more. i'll say my bet after you say your bet

It could be pretty high numbers. Lamar is a very popular player. So if he leaves, and plays well there and takes them to the playoffs I'm thinking they could gain around 200,000 fans. I don't know that those fans would abandon the Ravens completely but if the Ravens had a period of struggle and Lamar did very well there it could be that level of disaster.

But if the Ravens trade him I doubt they'd send him there. I don't completely know how these tag situations work though. I always forget.

But the Ravens CANNOT let Lamar go to Washington under any circumstances. It would be a better outcome if Watson died and he went to Cleveland somehow and kicked our asses for the next eight years or what have you.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i bet 199,999. now we wait

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cavauro posted:

i bet 199,999. now we wait

You fools!

Bob, I bid $1. :smug:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's not the rules of that game show + you're not in it + if you are i cancel the game + i don't care.......

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Elephanthead posted:

a little more complicated than that

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cavauro posted:

it's not the rules of that game show + you're not in it + if you are i cancel the game + i don't care.......

I'm sorry, that was correct but you didn't phrase it in the form of a question.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Let's signal as obvious as possible that Brady is headed to Vegas.
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1615721356653481984

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Someone get these guys a hobby.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Bird in a Blender posted:

Someone get these guys a hobby.

other than moviemaking please

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Nosre posted:

other than moviemaking please

You’re going to watch the movie about horny octogenarians and you’re going to like it, Mister

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Freaquency posted:

You’re going to watch the movie about horny octogenarians and you’re going to like it, Mister

I'm already getting tickets.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jane Fonda was previously in a movie called Book Club a couple years ago which was about her and 3 old lady friends reading 50 Shades of Grey.

So horny octogenarians is a genre

Coach and Richard Dreyfuss were in that one.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kalli posted:

Jane Fonda was previously in a movie called Book Club a couple years ago which was about her and 3 old lady friends reading 50 Shades of Grey.

So horny octogenarians is a genre

Coach and Richard Dreyfuss were in that one.

Now that's a name I haven't heard of in ages. Remember Krippendorf's Tribe? That came out in 1998.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Had a very :stare: moment reading espn this morning:

ESPN posted:

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Investigators said that a now-former University of Alabama basketball player charged with capital murder provided the gun used in the fatal shooting but that another man fired the weapon.

Investigators wrote in a court document that Darius Miles admitted to providing the handgun immediately before the shooting. Another man is accused by police of firing the gun and killing a young woman near the university's campus, according to court documents filed in Tuscaloosa.

The University of Alabama said in a statement Sunday that Miles is no longer on the basketball team. The fourth-ranked Crimson Tide played Vanderbilt on Tuesday night in Nashville, winning 78-66.

Tide coach Nate Oats said he reached out to Ray Lewis for advice on helping his team play two days after the shooting. Oats prayed with his players and shared a Bible verse suggested by the Pro Football Hall of Fame linebacker, whose daughter attended Alabama recently.

Alabama didn't make players available after the game, and Oats said he didn't see much emotion before tipoff.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Was OJ Simpson busy?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He also received advice on wiping off fingerprints.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oh come on I just got off probation

Anyway Jeff Zreibec who is pretty good at Ravens things thinks it's a 50/50 shot Lamar comes back

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

Oh come on I just got off probation

Anyway Jeff Zreibec who is pretty good at Ravens things thinks it's a 50/50 shot Lamar comes back
For reference. He had a good writeup on the situation earlier today.

https://theathletic.com/4100878/2023/01/18/ravens-lamar-jackson-future-contract/

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1615718496117080066

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

50/50 is better odds than its sounded like at some points.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lamar is a great player and seems like a good dude, but this contract poo poo is just wild. Supposedly the Ravens last offer was a $250 million extension with $133 million in guaranteed money. That is substantially more than Kyler and Wilson got last year. They could probably come up on the guaranteed a bit. I don't see how they ever agree to a Watson style fully guaranteed when Lamar is a running QB that has killed the Ravens season two years running by getting lower leg injuries that he never returned from.

Whenever we're talking about these contracts I can't help but think about the marginal utility of all that extra money. Like, what is the actual difference between having 150 million and having 200 million. Who gives a gently caress? Honestly, if you take the hometown discount like Brady did all those years you likely have a chance to make even more by upping the value of your brand.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lamar turned down 133 million guaranteed. kyler is guaranteed 189 million and russ is guaranteed 161 million. lamar is better than both and 50 million is a huge difference in a player's contract compared to the little annoyance it is for an nfl franchise

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the guaranteed money is not a small thing. don't think of it as a little bonus. it's the most important part of the contract.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Lamar should turn down anything short of 260 guaranteed. He's worth resetting the market

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

daniel jones is most likely going to sign for what lamar was offered and the meaningful generational wealth created by these deals is not a concession from the owners being backed into corners. they make more off of star QBs than that, or they wouldn't ever pay it. that's the final say on the matter. if i come in here and see people baba booeying, gabagooling, trying to re-open qcs to get my rear end banned for lying, i'm going to go live in the kroger like i used to

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Trade Lamar Jackson for Daniel Jones, who says no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1615741708007886850?s=20&t=3JplAEDk7J3AdMUAoPTEzw

Woody Johnson is all “Hey remember when your father was an awful failure here? Let’s run that back again with you.”