Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

President Beep posted:

welp, that’s the most midwest thing I’ve read today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

we will address The Texas Situation in due time.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

today i learned dublin dr pepper has been gone for over a decade

drat

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

scalding hot dr pepper

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

is it still carbonated? hot water can only dissolve a fraction of the co2 that cold water can.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
jfc

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Sagebrush posted:

is it still carbonated? hot water can only dissolve a fraction of the co2 that cold water can.

not by this point!

you'll just get that wonderful coke-can-left-in-the-car-backseat-in-august-1991 kind of je ne sais quoi

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

get this. in some parts of china they boil pepsi with slices of ginger and serve it as a holiday treat

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

devilishly different, seymour

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

get this. in some parts of china they boil pepsi with slices of ginger and serve it as a holiday treat

isn’t Pepsi also in red cans in China because it’s associated with wealth and happiness or whatever?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Hed posted:

isn’t Pepsi also in red cans in China because it’s associated with wealth and happiness or whatever?

no, its in blue cans. you might be thinking of Coca Cola

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

fart simpson posted:

tbh does not sound too bad

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

moving to texas has been just one big series of culture shocks, but the biggest one might well be learning that dr pepper is a baking ingredient down here

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Dijkstracula posted:

moving to texas has been just one big series of culture shocks, but the biggest one might well be learning that dr pepper is a baking ingredient down here

lol if u didnt grow up with 10 different soda pop recipes

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

My mum used to make Coca-Cola roast ham (it was good)

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Dr. Pepper w/ country ham is :discourse:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

President Beep posted:

i drink like six cans of coke zero a day. am I scrambling my dna or am I living a healthier lifestyle via avoiding the white devil?

i used to drink a terrible amount of sugar free red bull and now i just drink a couple of cups of tea per day (with no sugar or sweeteners)

eating healthier and giving that poo poo up has improved my life immensely

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I keep trying to quit artificial sweeteners, but then the siren song of energy drinks lures me back in,,,,

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Silver Alicorn posted:

I keep trying to quit artificial sweeteners, but then the siren song of energy drinks lures me back in,,,,

all sugar red bull, unfiltered. come to where the flavor is.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i used to keep a single can of sugar free red bull for emergency use but i recently switched to some energy drink water that has no sugar or sweeteners. haven't had to open it yet so idk how it tastes though.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

sugar makes my teeth feel gritty

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

your supposed to brush them

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

President Beep posted:

i drink like six cans of coke zero a day. am I scrambling my dna or am I living a healthier lifestyle via avoiding the white devil?

i think the problem here is "six cans of ... coke ... a day" and putting more adjectives in isn't going to help

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

President Beep posted:

that sounds really bad. tahts not nearly enough soda per day.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
i like a nice seltzer now and again

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

i used to drink a terrible amount of sugar free red bull and now i just drink a couple of cups of tea per day (with no sugar or sweeteners)

eating healthier and giving that poo poo up has improved my life immensely

how? how can life be better than loads of red bull

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

:worship:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I have an artificially sweetened energy drink waiting for me at home, unless my partner drank it, in which case I’ll try to kick them again for a while

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Silver Alicorn posted:

sugar makes my teeth feel gritty

this is the corn syrup. if you get something sweetened with regular sugar it doesn’t do that to your teeth

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

polyester concept posted:

this is the corn syrup. if you get something sweetened with regular sugar it doesn’t do that to your teeth

can you explain a mechanism for this please

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hfcs is not significantly worse than regular sucrose apart from being so cheap and even subsidised that it’s inclusion in a food is so likely

from a food point of view hfcs and cane sugar are just as bad for you

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fructose is so sweet and our brains love it so we crave food that is super sweet, and yes hfcs more like 60/40 fructose/glucose compared to the 50/50 of sucrose, but food manufacturers titrate quantities to taste so it’s not like food made with hfcs is worse, if anything there’s probably slightly less hfcs compared to sucrose to account for slightly higher sweetness

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

artificial sweeteners taste bad

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PokeJoe posted:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

mediaphage posted:

can you explain a mechanism for this please

i can't

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

unfortunately that’s just a thing you need to get over to get into the wild world of drinks that don’t add calories to your diet

like when you first started drinking alcohol it probably tasted bad too.. but you broke thru right? it requires that same dedication and spirit