Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

My mom was always mad that she had two boys so every christmas when I'd ask for cold-weather clothes like gloves or whatever she would get me women's clothes like frilly gloves and leggings because as my mom she "deserved" to be able to pretend she had a daughter one day a year and they'd be the only warm clothes I owned so I'd have to go to school in them and get made fun of relentlessly. And I'm almost 40 now and every year they still get me a bunch of dollar store kids' toys like little plastic army men and when I'm not overjoyed by them my mom stomps around and yells about how I'm ruining christmas and how much I would have loved those when I was a kid. I'd get screamed at when I begged to just get nothing for christmas and they'd get so mad at my 'disrespectful attitude' they'd start doing things like kicking the family pets. Anyway that's why I hate christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You want crazed axe maniacs dressed as Santa Claus? 'Cause that how get maniac axe Santas.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Coca Cola invented Santa and he is a more interesting fictional character than Christ.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Chrs posted:

Some dipshit will explain to me that Die Hard is a Christmas movie even though I don’t care and I didn’t ask.

I usually tell people that if Die Hard is a Christmas movie, than so is Jacob’s Ladder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plaNyzbGYd4

The feel-good holiday classic!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

deep dish peat moss posted:

My mom was always mad that she had two boys so every christmas when I'd ask for cold-weather clothes like gloves or whatever she would get me women's clothes like frilly gloves and leggings because as my mom she "deserved" to be able to pretend she had a daughter one day a year and they'd be the only warm clothes I owned so I'd have to go to school in them and get made fun of relentlessly. And I'm almost 40 now and every year they still get me a bunch of dollar store kids' toys like little plastic army men and when I'm not overjoyed by them my mom stomps around and yells about how I'm ruining christmas and how much I would have loved those when I was a kid. I'd get screamed at when I begged to just get nothing for christmas and they'd get so mad at my 'disrespectful attitude' they'd start doing things like kicking the family pets. Anyway that's why I hate christmas

this is like the opposite of what jesus talked about when he invented the christmas holiday.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Christmas is traumatic as gently caress for me because of how bad my parents were at it so I'm mad at it every year.

:same:
I also worked retail / drove for Uber a few :airquote: holiday seasons :airquote: as well

double :same: nmom is a Christmas FANATIC. She literally listens to Christmas music year round; she purposefully buys cars with those weird multi-cd changers so she can always have a Christmas music CD loaded. Throughout my childhood and well into adulthood, she would go into a narc-rage and just randomly start blasting Christmas music throughout the house (the only reason we had a big stereo in the first place was so she could listen to Christmas music). She expected everyone in the family to literally drop everything and do whatever she wanted when the Christmas music started.
When I was 8 I peaked in the wrapped christmas presents one year and nmom melted down at me, full narc screaming and crying rage for hours and hours and hours because I had peaked in the wrapping of a loving Gameboy case, and honestly I think that was literally the last time she got me anything I wanted. From that point on, no matter how concise or clear or demanding or well behaved or whatever, I literally never got what I wanted again. if I wanted a video game I'd get a bicycle, if I wanted a bicycle I'd get a football. Nmom would taunt me from October on, saying things like "boy wouldnt it be amazing if Santa brought you a Super Nintendo? :allears:" I was 12, four years after the gift wrapping saga and knew factually that I wasn't getting a SNES and there wasn't a Santa, but she would just ~pLaY gAmEs to try and get me to admit that I still believed.... I got a loving hardcover book for Christmas that year. Eventually I went fully Grey Rock on Christmas and told them I wanted nothing, which nmom interpreted as Star Wars toys while simultaneously trying to get me to buy her specific and very expensive gifts.
Finally, nmom got me girls clothing a few times but I refused to wear it (and super macho ndad backed me up*). Around 10 or so she stopped doing that and starting buying really weird :airquote: high fashion :airquote: androgynous outfits off the dummies in the store in the mall. I was never there because I would never agree to it, but nbrother explained it as "Mom was walking through the mall and said you would look ~sO cUtE in that outfit that she made the clerk find it in your size. The way she said you would look cute was really weird". So my :airquote: centerpiece :airquote: gift as a pre-teen boy for about three years running was really weird colored jeans, priest/mandarin collar buttonups, vests, and moccasins. Like a cheap extra from a Boys 2 Men video. The dumbest/worst part is that even if I had liked dressing as a pre-teen early 90s model, there was literally nowhere to wear them. We didnt go to church, we didnt participate in anything meaningful socially, we didnt have big family functions, and I went to public school. It was just cheap theatre for my nmom, watching me squirm as ndad called me the f-slur (for being forced to wear outfits nmom had picked out for me). Nmom also forced me to wear the outfits to school when she hadn't gotten enough supply. One of the teachers honestly called her and asked "is there an event or something that he should be attending that we're unaware of?" and she told the teacher "oh no he likes dressing like that, he does it for attention". Did I mention that my nbrother is <1 year younger than me, and told the entire school that nmom purposefully dressed me like that "because I was a f-slur"?

I could keep going. The multiple times nmom has guilted me into coming home for Christmas to treat me as an afterthought or embarrassment, the numerous times nmom stood me up at the airport (2 hours away from her house!), all the times shes lied and manipulated me.

*remember Guess jeans? nmom got them for me one year for Christmas, but the girl kind. I didn't know anything about anything so I didn't recognize that the tag was a different color than the boy version. In retrospect both Nmom and nbrother must have known, because it took exactly .02 seconds of stepping off the bus at school for nbrother to tell everyone "Vampire Panties is wearing girl jeans!". One of the school counselors offered to call my nmom and have her pick me up because I was being teased so much, but nmom refused. So here's the real kicker - nmom made me wear those jeans to school multiple times. She wouldnt return them, she wouldnt let me rip the tag off or color it to the boy version (I would have "ruined" them :rolleyes:) Just randomly would wake up some mornings in sixth grade and not have any clean clothes (nmom utterly refused to let anybody touch the washing machine, and AFAIK still does) and nmom would get that narc-glint in her eye and say "well guess you'll have to wear the girl jeans, huh"

Seriously just gently caress Christmas. Its the Narcissist's Holiday.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

gently caress Christmas

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I hereby declare a war on Christmas

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

I hereby declare a war on Christmas

:haibrow: you have my axe*

*shitposts

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Vampire Panties posted:

*shitposts

I'll see you in the Yuletrench, comrade

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

If you're almost 40 and live independently and hate Christmas and your family sucks, stop spending Christmas with your family

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

I'll see you in the Yuletrench, comrade

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Whoever said it on the first page or so really hit the nail on the head- My bigass family all expects me to get them awesome poo poo but I'm not made of money, am living on thin margins, and there's this weird, barely unspoken, shame and cultural baggage around being seen one-upping each other with the greatest gifts and consumer goods and if you don't participate in that rat race or you gift something homemade, you're a huge piece of poo poo who's poor and definitely unfuckable to the desired sex so no wonder you're still single.

Also yeah the white elephant exchange in my non-family/not-work social circle has really gone downhill the past few years, even with a tight budget we all agree to stick to, and even going as far as us all doing the same questionnaire of interests to help out newcomers to the group. I'm cautiously optimistic about this year, though.

chainchompz fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 28, 2023

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm sorry your family think you're unfuckable. That's got to sting.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Working retail has beaten any enjoyment for Christmas out of me.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Smugworth posted:

too many loving bells

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I'm sorry your family think you're unfuckable. That's got to sting.

Lol I meant that as more of a "even your family knows you're a loser" sort of rant but can see how it comes across on a second read.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vampire Panties posted:

*shitposts
And my Time Dilation Field and associated technological advancements!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm still pissed they stole it from the pagans.

Remember the REAL reason for the Season: The Winter Solstice

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Cease with your bell ringing ding dongs

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

I'm still pissed they stole it from the pagans.

Remember the REAL reason for the Season: The Winter Solstice

:( why cant we all just get real hosed up in the dark :smith:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
For Vampire Panties: Two..no three bottles of wine and some flash bangs.

If only all goons were so easy to shop for.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Powerful Katrinka posted:

If you're almost 40 and live independently and hate Christmas and your family sucks, stop spending Christmas with your family

:yeah:

if your presence isn't a gift by itself, don't bother with either presence or presents

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I think I was 17 and just out of high school when I just straight up stopped going to any Christmas things. Turns out besides calling me an rear end in a top hat there wasn't really anything they could do, and I was already an expert at tuning them out lol

Weirdly I'm on okay terms with my mum, but she also understands that I'm not gonna deal with everyone else just for her. We're going to a little Austrian delicatessen together to get stuff for Christmas tho, that's p nice.

My Christmas tradition is simply getting a day of peace and quiet to myself while everyone else does their obligations. A few days to a week later I throw my "boxing day" celebration, where I invite close friends and partners and no one else. We eat, talk poo poo, play games and just relax. Christmas vibes without any sense of obligation. It's nice.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Not enough satan in the holiday representation.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vampire Panties posted:

:( why cant we all just get real hosed up in the dark :smith:

Hell yeah brother! Cheers from this Yule Log!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I'm the guy whose body is the trench system

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm the guy whose body is the trench system

I'm the one becoming one with the gingerbread trench wall, dribbling one hand like a Dali timepiece over the candy cane reinforcing bar

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
You know why I hate the Christmas season?

It's not long enough!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Food's better at Halloween :drac: :spooky: :witch:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I've seen neither the tall and sexy nor the short and tossable elf variety in real life, and it's ruining the holidays.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
In some cultures elves are malicious creatures that make children sick and eat your winter stores.

Maybe try doing one of those culture's Christmas' next year?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I've seen neither the tall and sexy nor the short and tossable elf variety in real life, and it's ruining the holidays.

They've gone back to Elfland, over the Endless Sea.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Funky See Funky Do posted:

In some cultures elves are malicious creatures that make children sick and eat your winter stores.

Maybe try doing one of those culture's Christmas' next year?

I'm all for some duende or brownies.
The mischeviousness speaks to me on a personal level.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The loving Christmas movies have already started on free TV. We'll get over a month of them, daily and more.

loving Satan Claws. The only good one is Santa Claus Conquers The Martians.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Thread reminds me of this classic

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

I remember asking my mom for Mouser from Ninja Turtles. So along comes Christmas and there's a present under the tree just big enough to be an action figure box. I hurry into the living room and nearly dive head first at that box. Ripping it open I find a wooden box. Confused, I open it up only to hear a screeching siren-like noise coming from inside. I look around terrified, seeing all my friends from school standing around me.

"UH OH! SOMEONE SET OFF THE HOMO ALARM!" my mom yells as they all point and laugh. I run, crying and urinating, out of the room, the sound of laughter and the homo alarm in the background.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dokapon Findom posted:

Thread reminds me of this classic

LOL!!!!!!! A true calssic of our times :mrgw:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bradzilla posted:

LOL!!!!!!! A true calssic of our times :mrgw:

Did you ever get mouser

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Grey Cat posted:

I'm all for some duende or brownies.
The mischeviousness speaks to me on a personal level.

Brownies are nice, they do house chores for bread and jam and a little glass of milk. The only bad thing they do is leave if you offend them. The other kinds will steal from you or ruin your home and farm. You can bribe them to leave you alone, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Grey Cat posted:

Not enough satan in the holiday representation.

I vote instead of doing "Secret Santa" we do "Secret Satan". You do one anonymously lovely thing to someone else (minor and non life threatening like a donation in their name to "Focus on the Family") and let them try to figure out who did it.