Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/1731392330890875241

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Fox with 26 and 16 assists. Took his first free throws of the game with 12.5 seconds left in the 4th. Kings outlast a Jokic line of 36/13/14 and handle the defending champs. Obvious 6moty Monk puts up 26 as well. Kings have beaten each of the top 4 seeds in the West (edit: when the Mavs were still top 4 a couple days ago). Vegas is gonna be fun

The Maestro fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 3, 2023

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Heat were willing to give up assets they didn't actually have.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

The Maestro posted:

Fox with 26 and 16 assists. Took his first free throws of the game with 12.5 seconds left in the 4th. Kings outlast a Jokic line of 36/13/14 and handle the defending champs. Obvious 6moty Monk puts up 26 as well. Kings have beaten each of the top 4 seeds in the West (edit: when the Mavs were still top 4 a couple days ago). Vegas is gonna be fun

They're getting very little coverage too, the disrespect is immense

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Yeah, Kings started a little slow but they're really good. Lakers have been showing up for the tourney games too, and I bet "Lakers: First Tournament Champion" will be unconsciously tasty.

Right now vegas has odds all over the place. That's a great sign.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

The Maestro posted:

Fox is so much fun to watch. And doesn’t appear to be a dweeb.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Anyone making a prediction game for the tournament?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

toggle posted:

Fox is so much fun to watch. And doesn’t appear to be a dweeb.
I suppose whether he or his investors on the SwipaTheFox rugpull were the dweeb is mostly down to taste...

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Absolutely damning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmWhRwcnrUI

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

Anyone making a prediction game for the tournament?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4048696

come predict the in season tournament folks lets go

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://twitter.com/legendz_nba/status/1731407017414218160

Why Al Horford is still the goat (and Joe isn't that bad)

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Report: LeBron James' business manager said he bet on NBA games through illegal bookie
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sports/nba/report-lebron-james-business-manager-said-he-bet-on-nba-games-through-illegal-bookie/3483864/

Joe Ingles injured his eye in a summer league game and that was his downfall.

Lockback posted:

...but mentally this Wolves team is so much better than they were the past few years (ever).

Looks like they're the best D team in franchise history by far so far.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

48.5mpg for a season is by far the most unbreakable.

I think both are extremely unbreakable but a 28+ rebound game is much rarer than a 49+ minute game in recent years. Also, rebounding is a more specialized skill while any size player could potentially play a lot of minutes e.g. Oscar Robertson, Tiny Archibald and Rick Barry all averaged 45+ MPG at one time or another. Even guys who never get mentioned like Julius Keye and Gerald Govan played very heavy minutes. In contrast, nobody else has come close to Wilt's RPG record besides Bill Russell.

code:
	Per Game Record		#		# of occurrences (last ten seasons)
REB	27.20			28+		   5
PTS	50.36			51+		 116
MP	48.52			49+		 128
BLK	 5.56			 6+		 337
AST	14.54			15+		 432
STL	 4.12			 5+		1034
# = amount a player would regularly need to reach to break a per game record.

There have been 207 5+ steal games for every single 28+ rebound game over the last decade. It seems like the SPG record would be the easiest (not very easy) to break under the current conditions.

Going by the last ten years of data I think Wilt's 55 rebound game might be the hardest to break in the short-term.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

What I did notice is that the per game record for rebounds is 27.2 and the single game record is 55. Average for assists is 14.5 and single game record is 30. Average for points is 50.4 and single game record is 100. The single game record is double the average.

So looking at the unofficial records for steals and blocks it's possible Wilt was averaging fifteen blocks per game at his peak. And some guard was averaging around seven steals in the 1960s.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Tae posted:

Youtube has reminded me that DeRoZan has always been a big baby about the unwritten rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKW5SbyNBiA

I like the unwritten rules when it leads to interesting stuff on the court. If it's just sad people doing an interview after the game like Billy Donovan being forlorn about Andre Drummond then :metis:.

This is like when Harry Potter was getting disrespected in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It just doesn't make any sense.

mdemone posted:

Yeah if we are going to call it a heightened injury risk then sure, that's clearly true.

But also who cares? You want to reduce injury risk dramatically? Cut the season in half.

Maximum minutes per game. :discourse:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Zogo posted:

This is like when Harry Potter was getting disrespected in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It just doesn't make any sense.

Reading this in SAS voice is fun.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Good on LeBron for taking a stand against gendered insults.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Suspend Udoka for that.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The Maestro posted:

Sorry it’s Cole Anthony but monk seems like a nice boy

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Naz Reid

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Suspend Udoka for that.

What a fucken dickhead that guy is

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Udoka played against LeBron prior to being a coach

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lockback posted:

Suspend Udoka for that.

its weird, i thought he respected women

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Udoka is nothing next to Lebron. He wasted his time by responding to that loser

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

uh, has lebron coached a team to the finals that im missing?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

3 different ones actually

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i mean 10 different teams cause i forgot ime didnt win. i am sorry. also i combined the two miami wins into one cause i think coach lebron would be humble like that

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Codependent Poster posted:

Good on LeBron for taking a stand against gendered insults.

Agreed.

That is extremely unbecoming conduct for a coach. Jeez.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

escape artist posted:

Agreed.

That is extremely unbecoming conduct for a coach. Jeez.

Play-In storylines getting started early this year.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Zogo posted:

Going by the last ten years of data I think Wilt's 55 rebound game might be the hardest to break in the short-term.

Absolutely this. It would either require a major rule change or the absolute perfect storm multi OT game for this to happen, since the top rebounding teams are averaging less than 50 with slower pace.

Indiana is the running-est gunning-est team in awhile and still has a 30 point lower pace stat than some of the teams in Wilt's era

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Ime continues to suck. Remember that the nets almost hired him in the same season he was fired for being a creep? Cheer to Houston for waiting a whole season

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
It's impressive how thoroughly Udoka has completely tanked his own reputation by being a legitimately poo poo human

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Knights, assemble.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Tuesdays gonna whip rear end regardless of the result, IMO. Nurkic is really impressing me lately. Suns are certainly not as dominant as I was hoping for but they’ve been exciting

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

just watched the highlights from the bulls/pelicans game last night, the bulls' vibes without zach are incredible.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bulls fans, A New Hope
https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1731488504440299649

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am making a thread announcement: i have officially turned against zach lavine. He is now on my Basketball Enemies List.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

One of two qualified players in the NBA right now with 50/40/90 splits

The other is Karl-Anthony Towns

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

This is at least one, if not two years ago since it has T-Spoon and Malcolm Hill in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am making a thread announcement: i have officially turned against zach lavine. He is now on my Basketball Enemies List.

Who else is on the List?