Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I tried every variation of workarounds to "manually" fix the bug and get the rake (some of which, I assume, are also just troll-advice), but still no dice.
So whichever patch was deployed apparently didn't definitively fix the issue.

Big ol' bummer

Why not make a new world, get the rake, then go back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Farm soul and you'll never be alone

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It's really weird that you can't like Fast Travel while in the fog but you can just log out and warp to your base :shrug:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I tried every variation of workarounds to "manually" fix the bug and get the rake (some of which, I assume, are also just troll-advice), but still no dice.

Big ol' bummer

Make sure you are checking in the workbench. For some reason the basic rake is in the workbench and the scrappy rake is on the blacksmith.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I think the part they did very well on the game is the hand-crafted world and the "scavenger hunt for treasure chests in the ruins" is pretty fun, especially when it's voxel based and you can destroy chunks of those ruins to find secrets, it helps that the game is decently pretty too and the houses and cities are all fairly detailed and mostly aren't empty, with only a few houses I've come across that didn't make sense like no staircases to a empty second floor.

Aside from that the game is still lacking a lot of game and might be worth checking back in a few years, and it really should get a zelda bloodmoon event to reset the treasure spawns instead of the degenerate "logout, loot, repeat" endgame progression it right now has.

For a dedicated server does that require a server restart for the respawns?

When we did the first boss, only some of us got credit for the quest. Would they just have to go back and kill the boss again if it respawns? That shroud root respawns too and gives a skill point? Can you only get the skill point once?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Big ol' bummer

Do this, it worked for me

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

KingKapalone posted:

For a dedicated server does that require a server restart for the respawns?

When we did the first boss, only some of us got credit for the quest. Would they just have to go back and kill the boss again if it respawns? That shroud root respawns too and gives a skill point? Can you only get the skill point once?

Yes, for dedicated servers a server restart is needed to perform the logout/login reset. It should respawn all enemies, chests, shroud roots, etc. and reform any changed terrain outside of a fire area.

I *think* shroud roots are one skill point per root per character. The respawn is in case someone was offline when a root was chopped.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Lol.. It is awesome that someone put up a server just to allow people to get rakes.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

The Locator posted:

Okay, let me rephrase my question. I knew I would need to move all my stuff first. Is the material used to upgrade the flame strength refunded when I destroy it, or does it all go poof like (AFAIK) the 5 stone for a base flame? Although I've never stuck around for the 30 second counter to finish.

Flame level is kept, flame strength for building radius is lost. You do not get the upgrade materials back.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Jack B Nimble posted:

Why not make a new world, get the rake, then go back?

Tried that, no dice

The Locator posted:

Make sure you are checking in the workbench. For some reason the basic rake is in the workbench and the scrappy rake is on the blacksmith.

Looked there, too.

Tried picking up and placing my workbench back down.
Tried picking it up, quitting the game, restarting it, placing it back down.
Did the same for all my other work stations.
Did the same, quit the game, verified all game files went back in, placed workstations again.

Server's unfortunately down.
Tried joining the only populated server I found (though, when I connected, there were zero players on it), made a work bench, picked it up, put it back down, nothing.

I'm currently starting a completely new character AND a new world, speed-grinding to level 2 and the blacksmith, HOPE to unlock the rake and then plan to leave it in a chest so I can then join THAT world with my OG character to pick up the rake and, by doing so, HOPEFULLY unlock the drat recipe.

:ohdear:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
How's this game running for people? Got a 3080 and it feels like I'm not hitting 60fps most of the time, with more complex lighting causes bigger frame drops. Turning detail right down didn't really get me any performance which is odd. Feels like something is wrong with how its rendering or I have a weird system bottleneck. I did notice some real fucky shadow rendering that may or may not be a smoking gun.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Welp, leveled up, crossed the shroud, grabbed the blacksmith, crafted & placed the workbench, looked in the journal, workbench, manual crafting via blacksmith.

No rake. Seems to be a system-wide bug :(

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Regarde Aduck posted:

How's this game running for people? Got a 3080 and it feels like I'm not hitting 60fps most of the time, with more complex lighting causes bigger frame drops. Turning detail right down didn't really get me any performance which is odd. Feels like something is wrong with how its rendering or I have a weird system bottleneck. I did notice some real fucky shadow rendering that may or may not be a smoking gun.

If I zoom out too far on the map screen my fps dips below 20.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Regarde Aduck posted:

I notice if I play for a while (and/or fast travel a lot?) a lot of textures will stay low res or blocky, or take a while to render properly. I also got the weird shadow rendering a couple of times, mainly while gliding. I'm using a 4070 TI and I don't notice any other performance issues besides that. Reloading the world seems to fix it for a bit, but I don't like doing that since it resets everything :(.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
So the dude DM-posting earlier hinted at it, but you can pretty easily farm end-game gear right from the start on a fresh level 1 character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5SRpAJ0bKs&t=603s

It takes takes a bit of time (maybe an hour?) to set up at first, but once you're there, less than 30 seconds to load in the world, run inside, drop down, dodge the enemies, loot the room, quit out, and load back in.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Rake server went back up, praise Jeebus

Been waiting around at the rake-altar to greet other folks coming in to find salvation by dancing around them doing a lil rake-dance.
Someone just joined in :3:

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

^^^^^^ ^^^^^^
As dumb and annoying that bug is, it's great to see stuff like this haha

I took a longer route to that glider/farm location, wish I'd seen that version. Probably my own fault for getting distracted with all the cool desert stuff and becoming lost tbh.
Loads of great stuff in it fit sure though.

There's a few videos out showing farm locations for lv7-ish as well as lv18-ish items if you don't want to be so OP.
Not that I'm precious about stuff like this, but I know some people are more purist.

-edit-
Found what must be the fastest gold chest farm yet. No dodging enemies or the like, just drop an altar and run for a second to it. It's right beside the Sun Temple posted above. Helped me get all my weapons up to legendary level.
I've noticed that none of these things seem to drop melee armour sets, wonder if they are common in others or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch7Q1C44fIM

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 3, 2024

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm currently starting a completely new character AND a new world, speed-grinding to level 2 and the blacksmith, HOPE to unlock the rake and then plan to leave it in a chest so I can then join THAT world with my OG character to pick up the rake and, by doing so, HOPEFULLY unlock the drat recipe.

That really should work, if it doesn't let me know and you can have my drat rake.

Edit; you got one, awesome.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

That really should work, if it doesn't let me know and you can have my drat rake.

Edit; you got one, awesome.

I did, via the same tip someone posted earlier in the thread, even though the server wasn't reachable yesterday and this morning.

If anyone else should encounter the issue, do the following:

Go to Steam, in your menu bar hit "view", then "Game servers", go to "favorites", hit the lil plus-sign to add a new server, and connect to rakes.enshrouded.gg:15637
If you join the server from Steam, but don't immediately get dumped into it upon launching the game, fire up Enshrouded, hit "Play" and "Join", the server should be in your list as a favorite even though you didn't join it immediately.
The password for the server is "rakes", jump in, go to the first home-base, grab rake, be happy.

If you have one of the two versions of the bug, you may get the recipe plop up for you once you pick up the rake and can craft it on the work bench. If you have the other version of the bug, you still can't craft rakes until they fix the issue, but at least you have the rake, and the bug apparently doesn't affect the "scrappy rake" you unlock later in the game, so you can craft that.

As per the devs, the bug is known, but they don't have an ETA on a fix yet.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Tried that, no dice

Looked there, too.

Tried picking up and placing my workbench back down.
Tried picking it up, quitting the game, restarting it, placing it back down.
Did the same for all my other work stations.
Did the same, quit the game, verified all game files went back in, placed workstations again.

Server's unfortunately down.
Tried joining the only populated server I found (though, when I connected, there were zero players on it), made a work bench, picked it up, put it back down, nothing.

If our schedules would make it work, PM me and I'll host a game you can join, I'll make a rake and give it to you.

Edit: Guess I should read the entire thread before responding! Glad you got it.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Feb 3, 2024

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

YerDa Zabam posted:

If anyone has been, understandably, put off from going magic in the early game, be assured that it really improves by mid and late game. It really "just" needs some skill points and a few decent items. The mana regen ring (ring of rapacity, easy to get, plenty of guides) makes mana a non issue so the infinite staff charges become totally viable. I need to find out how to get the acid one as it it is hilariously OP. Now the ring is maybe busted, but who knows if/when it'll be changed. Same ring also makes it possible to spam the glider a stupid amount.
It's definitely more involved of a type, but even I'm managing alright I'm pretty bad.

How is magic/staves for AoE stuff? I'm rocking a 2h ground-slam build with health leech on crit and it's good single target and for taking out swarms of enemies. I'd like to try a staff build when I get eternal fire crafted but I'm not sure how I'd deal with large groups. I've been noticing more boss fights like to continually summon adds so it's nice having a good way to manage them.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Early game bows are really good for how close ranger is to the double jump and multi-shot can melt enemies fast on top of all the crit chance and you're probably drowning in twigs at that stage of the game, by mid game the twig demand gets annoying and once you get access to eternal fireball (though you probably could just stop hoarding all the charges you find) magic is leap and bounds better then every other option even when you aren't abusing acid which 1 shots everything including bosses.

Two handed weapons aren't super viable because you are locked into extremely slow animations and if the enemy walks away from you even slightly you'll whiff and even when you do hit the 3 hit combo it does poor damage, they are only good for slam attacks and high durability since one handers attack so fast and do so much damage they break really fast too.

I would personally advise against looking up guides for "THE BEST LOOT FARMING SPOTS!!!" with a reaction face and red arrow on the thumbnail, this game doesn't really have the content or endgame to be worth trying to leapfrog ahead of the curve, just enjoy the exploration and trying to find the good loot spots yourself because there really isn't much else in the game and the combat never really changes from the first hour or two of gameplay.

I do hope in a future update they make it so the logout-login method isn't the optimal way to get geared up in this game, they could make the game world more open instead of a straight progression path and set loot to be more equalized to your level like other big open worlds, or keep it the way it is but make changes to the world stick permanently so you can't just loot the same chest forever.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Melee is fun and games until you encounter flying enemies. Then you hate yourself, the developers, and every decision that lead up to that point.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The floating blue magic guys with homing projectiles can be defeated through the advance tactic of "stand under them and walk forward"

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Hakarne posted:

How is magic/staves for AoE stuff? I'm rocking a 2h ground-slam build with health leech on crit and it's good single target and for taking out swarms of enemies. I'd like to try a staff build when I get eternal fire crafted but I'm not sure how I'd deal with large groups. I've been noticing more boss fights like to continually summon adds so it's nice having a good way to manage them.

Strong, just strong all round really. The chain lightning, the light flash stun thing and in particular the shroud ones are all great for wrecking mobs. You have to really spec into it to overcome some of the shortcomings but it is a whole lot of fun.
This guy's videos are far better at explaining the ins and outs that I ever could be especially now that the whisky is flowing. The other paladin one hi put out earlier looks interesting too, but I'm solo only so can't say personally, but this one iirc shows the mob destruction well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Ozqln80aI

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I somehow lost my eternal ice spell and replacing requires materials two tiers above me.

Why the gently caress is sand so hard to find?!

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Erm, the desert area is full of it.
If you are not at that point yet you could sneak in and grab some by following the first bit of those glider cheese videos. Just a few units and rake it into loads (not like I did, mining out loads for no need.
There's also easy sulphur for the acid spell there too

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Inzombiac posted:

I somehow lost my eternal ice spell and replacing requires materials two tiers above me.

Why the gently caress is sand so hard to find?!

You can just go back to that same tomb and get it again.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Or pickaxe literally any portion of the far desert to get sand from the sandy ground.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I would personally advise against looking up guides for "THE BEST LOOT FARMING SPOTS!!!" with a reaction face and red arrow on the thumbnail, this game doesn't really have the content or endgame to be worth trying to leapfrog ahead of the curve, just enjoy the exploration and trying to find the good loot spots yourself because there really isn't much else in the game and the combat never really changes from the first hour or two of gameplay.

Yeah I’ve never really bothered with anything but the mildest chest stuff - basically just looting easy chests in my current areas at the start of a play session - because the combat isn’t too difficult anyways and skipping ahead will just blow out the rest of the game super fast. It’s pretty easy to over-level anyways if you do a little exploration and some farming for base building etc, no need to go beyond that.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The floating blue magic guys with homing projectiles can be defeated through the advance tactic of "stand under them and walk forward"

You can also wait until the projectiles are close and dodge-roll into them, they'll fly past and hit the ground behind you.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ugh, what level do I have to be for the shroud around the carpenter to not be Lethal Red? I NEED craft from storage. gently caress them for putting that behind an upgrade. :argh:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Or pickaxe literally any portion of the far desert to get sand from the sandy ground.

lmao I didn't know there was a desert but also that I had an outpost very close to the edge of it.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ugh, what level do I have to be for the shroud around the carpenter to not be Lethal Red? I NEED craft from storage. gently caress them for putting that behind an upgrade. :argh:

It's pretty easy to get him early; you just need a level 2-3 flame altar which I think takes a Scavenger Matron head? There's one not too far from the starting location down in the valley to the northeast iirc. Just to check, you know it's flame altar level and not player level for the deadly shroud areas, right?

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 4, 2024

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Well poo poo. No I did not.

[edit] it only takes the first flame upgrade too.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 4, 2024

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
well there you go. they don't do a great job of making it clear but basically game progression is gated by shroud strength - areas that are stronger than your altar level are deadly, so leveling up your altar allows you more and more access to the map. The requirements for leveling your altar up usually include the head of the main boss of whatever area you're in plus various materials from the area. One tip early on - there's a mine with a shroud root in it to the far northwest of the starting area that also has some amber deposits both for armor and upgrades.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Scavenger matron is some bullshit unless I'm missing something.

One shot every time.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The matron throws two sets of three poison bombs each. They can and will shotgun. Being in close range to her, even when you're vastly overleveled, is a guaranteed death sentence. You can however easily bait her and get some solid backstab attacks in. Very annoying for melee but what isn't.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Acid Bite literally melts tough enemies. Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Vasudus posted:

The matron throws two sets of three poison bombs each. They can and will shotgun. Being in close range to her, even when you're vastly overleveled, is a guaranteed death sentence. You can however easily bait her and get some solid backstab attacks in. Very annoying for melee but what isn't.

Actually it looks like it might have been a bug that was causing it's breath attack to be all hosed up and instant.

Restarted the game and the fight was manageable even if one clip from it did still take 80% of my bar.