Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I would quit on the spot if I were working at Wendy's right now but this is happening in America so I guess the employees are screwed and are just going to have to deal with a constant barrage of rage and abuse for under $15 an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Imagine being in line in the drive-through, and then you watch the prices increase in real time

Lmao

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Speculative burger market

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

🍟👩‍🦰🍔 #Paypig 4 Wendys 🍔👩‍🦰🍟

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Beginning to think capitalism was a mistake/idiocracy was a documentary etc

turns out all the capitalist hellscape parody just sped up the exhausted futilist acceptance of its inevitability :shrug:

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I give this adventure a week tops before they drop it and then spend the next 5 years going on an apology tour as their sales permanently drop below burger king

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I worked for Ashley furniture a few years ago and their executives had an absolute hardon for surge pricing. They wanted to put electronic price tags on all their products and then have huge boards in the stores that would show price changes on items each day. They were convinced that it would drive a bunch of sales by making people feel like they got a deal while gouging them at other times. They kept comparing it to airlines and said they wanted that but more real-time and flasher.

People who think of these thing are completely out of touch with reality. They would rather gouge the price to make 50% more on a single sale than sell 10% more every day. They just want the short-term juicing of the numbers to meet their goal for that day or week and then cannot comprehend why their business is in free fall.

I have so many stores about how all the family members that run that place are complete sociopaths. Nothing made me hate the rich more than my short time there.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Wendy’s Bags Flying Off The Shelf At Noon

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
"can I get a 5 dollar biggie bag" "that'll be $13.76"

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Only way this is gonna work out for wendys is if all the other major fastfood chains they compete with just do the same stupid poo poo.

So I don't know seems like it might actually work out for them.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If that happens Americans will stop eating so much fast food. This could be a boon for the obesity crisis.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

new idea - supermarket surges! quick get your poo poo to the checkout before it hits 5pm.

e: it's 1 minute 20 seconds away from your food bill being 10% higher but looks like this item doesn't have a barcode sticker :D let me just call someone over

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Saltpowered posted:

I worked for Ashley furniture a few years ago and their executives had an absolute hardon for surge pricing.

:psyduck:

Ah yes, the daily lunch hour surge of buying an ottoman.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

new idea - supermarket surges! quick get your poo poo to the checkout before it hits 5pm.

e: it's 1 minute 20 seconds away from your food bill being 10% higher but looks like this item doesn't have a barcode sticker :D let me just call someone over

We'd call it "Hockey Shopping" as you bang your way through the crowds to the registers.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

hemale in pain posted:

Literally the first thing I thought when I heard this poo poo was "Wal-Mart Sunday surge pricing."

I hope Wendy's goes Chapter 11.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

JonathonSpectre posted:

I hope Wendy's goes Chapter 11.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

mcdonalds/BK could raise their prices 20% tomorrow and put out commercials bragging about how their prices never surge and still look like heroes

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

time to bring back 5 guys posting

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
At this time of day? Best I can do is 3 guys.

A Tad Ghostal
Dec 2, 2014

I cancelled my soft drink subscription after they tried to offer tiered packages based on cup size so simply lol if they think I will stick around for this

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

CubanMissile posted:

I wonder if the franchisees are concerned or if they think this is a gold rush. Probably the latter.

it depends. If they do what we're expecting, and just have prices go up during actual mealtimes, its going to either barely make a difference, or be a detriment. If they actually make prices go down during off hours, (they wont), the franchisees will probably realize its smarter to just immediately close after dinner rush instead of being open till 1 am like usual.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

^^ Yeah, they're doing this already. That's why a lot of them stopped doing 24/7 service.

Yeah, people are just going to wait for cheaper pricing instead of going to another place and forgetting Wendy's exists. Why not just give that CEO his golden parachute now and find someone who isn't an idiot?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

hemale in pain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izhXrhoR03o

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

dr_rat posted:

Only way this is gonna work out for wendys is if all the other major fastfood chains they compete with just do the same stupid poo poo.

So I don't know seems like it might actually work out for them.

Yeah this is basically my feeling too. Hopefully it blows up and the idea dies, but who knows if it just comes back a few years later.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Grave Thomas is rolling in his dave

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Alternative business idea for Wendy's: charge like 8 bucks for a bag you can fill up with poo poo they couldn't sell the day before

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

reminds me of bethesda getting brutally lambasted over horse armour, the first dlc. i think surge pricing is going to die on the vine like dlc

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Instead of surge pricing wendy's should be considering serving Surge, the soft drink

I'll never eat there again after it took 45 minutes to get a raw chicken sandwich while I was doing laundry as the only car in line one night, but I'd definitely stop by for a Surge.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Instead of increasing prices during peak times I say we should throw 10 MBAs into a volcano every 15 minutes until the rush subsides.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

I'm waiting on fast food loot boxes

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Whooping Crabs posted:

loving fish sandwiches every drat time, never getting lucky on that triple baconator.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Worf posted:

Imagine being in line in the drive-through, and then you watch the prices increase in real time

Lmao

Right? It's going to happen. I just want to be there to see it.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Whooping Crabs posted:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

lol that contest was a scam for like 20 years in the US with the guy who was supposed to be distributing pieces giving them to family and friends

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Whooping Crabs posted:

lol that contest was a scam for like 20 years in the US with the guy who was supposed to be distributing pieces giving them to family and friends

It was less of a scam and more "the printing plant was running an actual racket on McDonalds"

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

bossy lady posted:

Alternative business idea for Wendy's: charge like 8 bucks for a bag you can fill up with poo poo they couldn't sell the day before

See, now this? This is an actual business proposal that would make money. Like a depressing amount of it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Whooping Crabs posted:

That went to trial on September 10th 2001.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

MrQwerty posted:

It was less of a scam and more "the printing plant was running an actual racket on McDonalds"

That whole saga was something else. Holy poo poo.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Time_pants posted:

See, now this? This is an actual business proposal that would make money. Like a depressing amount of it.

They already do this. It’s called Wendy’s chili

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

bossy lady posted:

I would pay $8 for a whole bag of Wendy’s chili ngl.