Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
the only Metal Gear thing I've seen is that cutscene where the buff as gently caress super-senator beats up the anime ninja and I'm pretty sure there's nothing else the series could do that's better than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Action Tortoise posted:

i started from 2-3 and then did 1 before 4.

it's better to go in order because they add new things to the controls with each installment so going from a later game to an earlier one can throw you off on the controls.

ty. zelda 1 and mgs 1. its like i've gone back in time

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
^^ ganbare

The Sharmat posted:

the only Metal Gear thing I've seen is that cutscene where the buff as gently caress super-senator beats up the anime ninja and I'm pretty sure there's nothing else the series could do that's better than that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzh7vEaazBM

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

I'm sorry but that's still clearly not as good as the Dick Cheney look-alike gaining super powers and beating up an anime character

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
Yeah but when is a metal gear game gonna have a woman for a protagonist?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Console Role Player posted:

Yeah but when is a metal gear game gonna have a woman for a protagonist?

when kojima makes a prequel involving the creation of the cobra unit

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
they already did, his name is raiden

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
i watched a lets play of mgs4 then mgs3 then mgs 1 then mgs2

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
A game where you play as The Boss would be cool, have it end with you fighting snake.

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch

Action Tortoise posted:

when kojima makes a prequel involving the creation of the cobra unit

LAME.

The Boss is a bad rear end. She makes a super Nazi-fighting crew full of weirdos. That's all you need to know.

Sorry but the last thing we need is a thirty hour game about how The Boss met The Pain and convinced him that housing hornets inside his body was some how necessary to defeat the Nazis.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

LAME.

The Boss is a bad rear end. She makes a super Nazi-fighting crew full of weirdos. That's all you need to know.

Sorry but the last thing we need is a thirty hour game about how The Boss met The Pain and convinced him that housing hornets inside his body was some how necessary to defeat the Nazis.

hey you asked the question and that's the best we're probably gonna get unless he makes something like kerbal space program but with sunny and her crew.

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
Every time Kojima drags The Boss's corpse out of the ground she gets less and less cool. Let her die already.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
pretty sure the Pain was already just an insane beekeeper and the hard part was convincing him to leave his bee farm

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I don't.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

If a game has a female protagonist it's already got a check mark in the 'trying something different' category and I crave novelty.

Plus female protags are inherently radder. (more rad?)

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

Every time Kojima drags The Boss's corpse out of the ground she gets less and less cool. Let her die already.

NEVER :cry:
I just want to be able to go around bringing the pain train as the most badass character in mgs (sorry big boss) okay

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Sharmat posted:

kojima does try, though. peace walker's unlockables, uh, go places, for example

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

my gurl characters are def. sexual images, this one looks strikingly like the succubus demon from a nightmare i had a few years ago

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
If there's no option to play as a lady it better be a really great loving game or I'm not playing it.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
if you don't play femshep in mass effect or laura bailey in saints row you are playing those games wrong

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

sort of depends on the game.

Mass Effect = I like the femshep VA better
Other 3rd person shooters (Defiance) = Female characters tend to be smaller and block less of my view
MMOs = female characters tend to have better outfit options. robes/dresses don't look weird on them and I like my mage characters to wear such clothes. If I am playing a tanky warrior I pick w/e race/gender combo looks good in the big plate armor.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Chuck Tanner posted:

if you don't play femshep in mass effect or laura bailey in saints row you are playing those games wrong

pretty much the only series I don't play as a girl in is Saint's Row. My goal in Saint's Row 1 was to abuse the character creator as much as possible and create a grotesque so I wound up with a 350 pound man with red-irised eyes that were simultaneously sunken and bugged out, a hare lip and a crown of bright orange dreads. I got attached to the look and have created the exact same guy in every sequel.

he does DRESS as a woman though

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Laura Bailey is also cool. I haven't played Nier but I assume it has to be a good game because it opens with Laura Bailey cussing out someone

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
choose the female southern voice in saints' row 4 and pitch it down a few. you'll sound like michael jackson and the game has all of his moves as taunts.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
In souls games my big buff str or end characters are always ladies and my twinky lil casters/dexers are dudes.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Because the female model is usually better plus you get more clothing options and it's a nice change of pace.

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch

The Sharmat posted:

Laura Bailey is also cool.

Laura Bailey will always have a special place in my heart because of this little guy:

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/1snaK7H.gif:nws:
Not work safe for Shin-chan rear end dance and mister elephant.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Laura Bailey will always have a special place in my heart because of this little guy:

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/1snaK7H.gif:nws:
Not work safe for Shin-chan rear end dance and mister elephant.

that was Laura Bailey?

fuuuuuck

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
i thought all she did was that really throaty voice in Full Metal Alchemist.

she's p cool

Dec 26, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

Laura Bailey is also cool. I haven't played Nier but I assume it has to be a good game because it opens with Laura Bailey cussing out someone

it is

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
baileyboss bestboss

also she was in binary domain

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Mung Dynasty posted:

baileyboss bestboss

also she was in binary domain

shes in loving everything

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1154161/?ref_=rvi_nm

also p hot too

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Mung Dynasty posted:

because im gay

so you confirm about having motion sickness from videogames, nice to know

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

limaCAT posted:

so you confirm about having motion sickness from videogames, nice to know

no i said if u get motion sickness from video games ur a gay baby

regular gay is just playing girl characters

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Chuck Tanner posted:

shes in loving everything

I'm now thoroughly convinced she should be

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The Sharmat posted:

it's hands down the best role she's ever done

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I understand she plays a girl with a dick

that didn't have any influence on your statement there, did it?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Sharmat posted:

I understand she plays a girl with a dick

that didn't have any influence on your statement there, did it?

Let's just say it didn't not have an influence over it.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Because beating up evil white men as a powerful black woman makes me feel like im literally fighting racism/patriarchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nasgate posted:

Because beating up evil white men as a powerful black woman makes me feel like im literally fighting racism/patriarchy.

I'm going to change my answer to this. Also so I can look like Casca.

• Locked thread