Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

in diablo II i always played the amazon because goddamn those thighs and plus being a girl was the only option for a spearchucker class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Because the penis is evil, op. Zardoz.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
usually they are fast and dodgy in action games and that is My Thing

other times it is because i like the customization options more

sometimes i flip a coin

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

When I was younger because I am one and it was novel back then

Now?

You don't have to have a Y chromosome to enjoy boobs

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Because I'm a fag.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

People are nicer to you in MMOs if you're a female character. Not if they think you actually are a female, just if the character is.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

People are nicer to you in MMOs if you're a female character. Not if they think you actually are a female, just if the character is.

In fact you could tell them you're a male and their cognitive dissonance would kick in to erase the memory.

Canned Bread
Feb 26, 2013

Best Thing Since Sliced!
because I want to break free from the shackles of reality and become what I was truly meant to be~~~

video game escapism at its finest

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

More games need a male to female slider. Ambiguous ftw.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I play as girl characters because i'm a horrible misandrist

Kazvall posted:

literally my favourite feature of saints row 2

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Kazvall posted:

cis-male but female presenting

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY84MRnxVzo

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
i like the femmes in fighting games because i am bad at them and usually lady fighters have the fastest/most annoying normal punchy kicks

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
because there are enough straight white male main characters in every piece of entertainment and its good to have a change of pace when u get a chance

because if im gona look at an rear end for hours at a time it might as well be a girls am i right????

because im gay

i think that about covers all known reasons, op

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Mung Dynasty posted:

because there are enough straight white male main characters in every piece of entertainment and its good to have a change of pace when u get a chance

because if im gona look at an rear end for hours at a time it might as well be a girls am i right????

because im gay

you missed "because i'm a girl and i identify with female characters more"

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
my spiro script is not covered under my obamocare

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
because men are boring, hth

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
kill all men imo

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
when 90% of games force you to play as a dude it's nice to shake things up when given a chance

efb

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Mung Dynasty posted:

kill all men imo

this but unironically

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Instant Grat posted:

because men are boring, hth

also: ugly

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

games with all-female casts own

proof: senran kagura
touhou
arcana heart
also touhou

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

touhou looks dumb, but i'm not a fan of bullet hells anyway. why are bullets coming out of the anime girls?

also, some peeps are making a game called Virginia featuring 2 female FBI agents as the main characters, and that pleases me

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't, generally.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meis posted:

touhou looks dumb, but i'm not a fan of bullet hells anyway. why are bullets coming out of the anime girls
why are noodles coming out of the vampire girl?

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

why are noodles coming out of the vampire girl?

art style, those are her arms. You did not answer my question.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meis posted:

art style, those are her arms. You did not answer my question.
it's magic

they are shooting magic in the shape of bullets

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Meis posted:

touhou looks dumb, but i'm not a fan of bullet hells anyway. why are bullets coming out of the anime girls?

also, some peeps are making a game called Virginia featuring 2 female FBI agents as the main characters, and that pleases me

I've watched enough anime to be okay with bullets flying out of women as opposed to some of the things they have going into animated portrayals of our gender

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

it's magic

they are shooting magic in the shape of bullets

ok good, now it makes a weird kind of sense.

Widestancer posted:

I've watched enough anime to be okay with bullets flying out of women as opposed to some of the things they have going into animated portrayals of our gender

yeah the bullets aren't the issue. I say touhou looks dumb because of the character designs, mostly.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Meis posted:

yeah the bullets aren't the issue. I say touhou looks dumb because of the character designs, mostly.

the character designs are fairly impressive because you can recognize most characters off a silhouette if you know them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXQqJDHzcHg

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Hog Butcher posted:

the character designs are fairly impressive because you can recognize most characters off a silhouette if you know them

yeah I think team fortress 2 did this as well

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Does it matter what gender I decide to choose?

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Anime Device posted:

Does it matter what gender I decide to choose?

females are less strong but get more hp

males get more str but less hp

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Hog Butcher posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXQqJDHzcHg

while that's good from a design perspective, i still think they look dumb generally

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

LaTex Fetish posted:

females are less strong but get more hp

males get more str but less hp

I don't need either.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mung Dynasty posted:

because im gay

Meis posted:

you missed "because i'm a girl and i identify with female characters more"

I do just because I think it would be a really weird affectation to put only male or only female characters in a book or movie or photo album for almost any reason, especially just because you are male or female. I honestly don't understand the reasoning of "I am X, therefore I will play a character who is X" but evidently most people identify a lot more strongly (at all) with their video game characters than I do. I am not an orc or a robotic battle tank either and I don't see the problem there. Sorry for the lack of irony.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Ralp posted:

I do just because I think it would be a really weird affectation to put only male or only female characters in a book or movie or photo album for almost any reason, especially just because you are male or female. I honestly don't understand the reasoning of "I am X, therefore I will play a character who is X" but evidently most people identify a lot more strongly (at all) with their video game characters than I do. I am not an orc or a robotic battle tank either and I don't see the problem there. Sorry for the lack of irony.

is this just a long way to say that you play girl characters in your favorite mmorpg because you always wanted to feel cute and wanted?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i always play dhalsim or yoshimitsu first because i identify with the characters

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad you got your old name backc Ralph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Ralp posted:

this just means you have no sense of empathy.

• Locked thread