Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Iron Prince posted:

i don't gently caress with tinder much so i opened it up after reading the op, swiped right until it wouldn't let me any more and got 18 matches. don't know how you could be loving it up that bad op :shrug:

e: 19

Well, I'm a bit selective. I don't want to lead on any girls that I absolutely wouldn't be interested in and waste a swipe either. But yeah, I've been maxing out my 100 swipes everyday. If I had just one match, I could accept that I was a loser, but with 0 I feel like something is wrong. Anyway, we'll see how this new account works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Serious advice try a picture of you cooking something. You don't need friends/hobbies/good camera/expensive outdoor activities to cook something impressive. Bake some cupcakes and decorate the poo poo out of them. Grill a beef brisket. Make a vegan red curry.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

I know they are bad. I see what pictures are "good". They require resources that I don't have to produce (friends, outdoor hobbies, high quality camera). My profile pictures are pragmatic, and they are accurate representations. If a girl can't get down with my DIY Punk Rock attitude, we are both better off.

Post your photos and we can Photoshop some friends into them. I got CS6, they won't even be able to tell.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I heard if you send girls messages, the random monkey cheese bullshit, gets the millenial girls tractors going.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Pictures are the only thing that matters, you dummy

World Kraid Center
Oct 18, 2009
tinder uses a hidden ELO algorithm that puts you in the gutter if you like everyone. so don't do that.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Post your photos and we can Photoshop some friends into them. I got CS6, they won't even be able to tell.

same; i iz here to helps

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Post pictures of men in ghost costumes instead please

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

a hundred boners posted:

tinder uses a hidden ELO algorithm that puts you in the gutter if you like everyone. so don't do that.

ELO owns

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

I'm pretty impressed by the OP actually. Dude seems like he wakes up very early; and he doesn't go to bed until every woman in his zip code absolutely knows he's a loser. Then when that is finished he does it all again just to make sure. That's dedication right there. To being a loser.

hahahaha

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

tell that to my rock hard cock! but no, seriously, i wouldn't mind like getting a girlfriend. honestly, i don't think any girl can be better than my hand anyway. my grip is so tight.

You should probably stop this because it's going to make actual sex pretty disappointing.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i skimmed over your depressing post only to be unsure if its real: surely you must match with at least 4 fake bot accounts a day?

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

I actually have to give extra props for that post because I'm not sure where the "does it all again" bit came from. That was before I made a new account to run through my zip code again. Savage and prophetic.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

dog buttz posted:

You should probably stop this because it's going to make actual sex pretty disappointing.

it's not on purpose, there comes a point when you masturbate too much that if you aren't pulling a muscle in your leg while jerking off you're not getting off.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

extra stout posted:

i skimmed over your depressing post only to be unsure if its real: surely you must match with at least 4 fake bot accounts a day?

i live in [YOUR TOWN] off of [NEARBY STREET] and recently broke up with my boyfriend, wanna hook up?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
just be gay

gays are sluts

you seen grindr? poo poo is crazy brother, people will offer to suck your dick man

men are huge sluts

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Otisburg posted:

i live in [YOUR TOWN] off of [NEARBY STREET] and recently broke up with my boyfriend, wanna hook up?

Oh, that's a thing? Will keep an eye out for these scoundrels when the matches start pouring in. Did my first 100 like swipes with my new account, nothing so far.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Oh, that's a thing? Will keep an eye out for these scoundrels when the matches start pouring in. Did my first 100 like swipes with my new account, nothing so far.

the ones I've encountered do an okay job of ripping off "plausibly hot" but not like model hot pics, so if you're deliberately swiping outside your league you may not encounter them.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
equanimity in the face of adversity or triumph is true victory over the self

perhaps you should look inwards rather than share your pain with others

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

I have the opposite thing of the op and had to delete my tinder because I was getting too many matches and it was overwhelming trying to juggle that many girls.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Yo OP just get some better photos of yourself and have your bio be a few hobbies/interests of yours that aren't boring to talk about.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i listed Super Smash Brothers as my number 1 passion and no one talks to me help

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I remeber a classic internet joke once that went "I sent that bitch a smiley. Bitches love smilies" and while Im not one to go around referring to women as "bitches" I think that everyone regardless of their gender likes smilies.

OP could go this route and send that special someone a smiley

if they ever get one, that is!

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Never actually tried any form of online dating before. Made an OkCupid in the past just to lurk and see what was out there, but never got the courage to make a profile. Now, I would happily make one, but in my current location, OkCupid just doesn't have much of an audience. Can't play the numbers game if I don't got numbers to work with. Tinder, however, is hugely popular. I made an account to lurk there, and I saw everyone I saw on OkCupid and 100x more.

So, I'm a slightly above-average looking guy. Sort of niche, more of an ugly JGL than an ugly Brad Pitt. But I thought I wouldn't have much trouble getting a few matches here and there with girls I found attractive. I thought wrong. I made one 5 days ago. Every day I maxed out my "Likes' at least once. You get 100 per 12 hours as a free user. So, that's at least 500 people I had the potential of matching with. I actually have liked or disliked everyone aged 18-27 within 5 miles of my location, there are no more results for those metrics. I was that comprehensive (live 2 miles from a somewhat major city). I swiped "Like" on everyone I found moderately attractive. How many matches did I get? 0. ZILCH. NADA. I'm aware that my profile is not optimal. My pictures are lacking, but there is a full frontal face shot that shows I'm clearly not hideous, and a mirror shot that clearly shows I'm not a fat slob and reiterates that I'm okay in the face. I would definitely swipe yes on a cute girl with pictures that had equal quality. Better than the dumb as dogshit girls who have 4 of their 5 pictures as group shots, and their 5th one is them in full ski gear.

I kind of feel like there has to be some sort of mistake, maybe my profile fell through the cracks and no one is seeing it somehow. Maybe I'm uglier than I think I am. Maybe God is telling me I need to be alone to accomplish great things. But I don't believe in a god. I'm so confused, and it's all thanks to tinder.

most women don't find autism sexy sorry

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
try going into IT and waiting ten years that usually works for your ilk

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Think it just made your self-esteem more accurate, OP.

And gently caress you.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

8 track betamax posted:

Op have you ever considered a position as moderator of the something awful forums?

harsh!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

effort post: I don't like using Tinder, I feel like it's mainly an engine for people to seek validation than to meet people. like they want to see who swipes right on them back

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

sorry you live out in the sticks and no one uses OKCupid, the superior way to get laid by strangers

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

I'm pretty impressed by the OP actually. Dude seems like he wakes up very early; and he doesn't go to bed until every woman in his zip code absolutely knows he's a loser. Then when that is finished he does it all again just to make sure. That's dedication right there. To being a loser.

this is an extremely top tier burn

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

online dating is supposed to lower your self esteem. Why else would you gently caress online daters?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol jonpop so burnt he cant even get a hooker to bang him

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im full of cummies, who wants my cummies

cnut
May 3, 2016

Zzulu posted:

im full of cummies, who wants my cummies

It depends, whose cummies are they? Daddy's?

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
Got my first match, she lives 4 hours away. WTF, I only search within 10 miles.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Got my first match, she lives 4 hours away. WTF, I only search within 10 miles.

since its a hook up app, its based on current location, not where you live. You or her were swiping while out of town. or she is from near you but travelling when you looked at her profile.

i matched with a chick from like norway when we were both in key west.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

paul_soccer10 posted:

swipe right is the good one

i think i've located the op's problem

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

you don't even know me, bro. i'm not the one making profiles with no description. i actually check to see if a girl has a profile and read it before every "like" swipe. to be honest, it's to get to know them somewhat, but also so i can swipe nope so hard if they mention kids.

i am almost positive you are jonpop

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
the only thing that i cant be sure on is the reg date, iirc jonpop came after 2012 unless this is a parachute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
i got like 150 matches on okcupid and everyone is a shallow gently caress who just says Hi who has to be treated like baby in a loving text conversation, doesn't really get any better OP

• Locked thread