Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
Never actually tried any form of online dating before. Made an OkCupid in the past just to lurk and see what was out there, but never got the courage to make a profile. Now, I would happily make one, but in my current location, OkCupid just doesn't have much of an audience. Can't play the numbers game if I don't got numbers to work with. Tinder, however, is hugely popular. I made an account to lurk there, and I saw everyone I saw on OkCupid and 100x more.

So, I'm a slightly above-average looking guy. Sort of niche, more of an ugly JGL than an ugly Brad Pitt. But I thought I wouldn't have much trouble getting a few matches here and there with girls I found attractive. I thought wrong. I made one 5 days ago. Every day I maxed out my "Likes' at least once. You get 100 per 12 hours as a free user. So, that's at least 500 people I had the potential of matching with. I actually have liked or disliked everyone aged 18-27 within 5 miles of my location, there are no more results for those metrics. I was that comprehensive (live 2 miles from a somewhat major city). I swiped "Like" on everyone I found moderately attractive. How many matches did I get? 0. ZILCH. NADA. I'm aware that my profile is not optimal. My pictures are lacking, but there is a full frontal face shot that shows I'm clearly not hideous, and a mirror shot that clearly shows I'm not a fat slob and reiterates that I'm okay in the face. I would definitely swipe yes on a cute girl with pictures that had equal quality. Better than the dumb as dogshit girls who have 4 of their 5 pictures as group shots, and their 5th one is them in full ski gear.

I kind of feel like there has to be some sort of mistake, maybe my profile fell through the cracks and no one is seeing it somehow. Maybe I'm uglier than I think I am. Maybe God is telling me I need to be alone to accomplish great things. But I don't believe in a god. I'm so confused, and it's all thanks to tinder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
what's up jon pop

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

Tinder is the night

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

post your pics dawg

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That Robot posted:

what's up jon pop

Jon pop never had a positive opinion of himself though

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh hey it's the low-effort elliot rodger

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Trabandiumium posted:

post your pics dawg

Like I said, ugly Joseph Gordon Levitt. So picture JGL with poo poo caked on his face.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Poverty ghost gettin' more action than you.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sorry to hear it op

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
Women don't give a poo poo what you look like, they want to see social skills and a sense of adventure.

Make 4 of your pictures group shots and one of you in ski gear.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

paul_soccer10 posted:

sorry to hear it op

No you're not.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

monkey posted:

Women don't give a poo poo what you look like, they want to see social skills and a sense of adventure.

But I don't have any friends or ski gear.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

op sorry you are as unloved as the source of your username

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i wish you only the best jarjarbinksfan621

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

do you wanna meet up for a photoshoot? maybe some fun pics togehter with show girls your fun sidE!! plus i will make you look better by comparison

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

oh hey it's the low-effort elliot rodger

I forgot about him, finally, a relatable folk hero.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I forgot about him, finally, a relatable folk hero.

highly forgettable and pathetic virgin lol

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

and that's why you have no matches on tinder!

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

monkey posted:

Also, it's funny how girls love to make their profile pictures like that when guys don't care about social skills or sense of adventure. They just want to make sure she's not a butterface.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Blue Train posted:

highly forgettable and pathetic virgin lol

Like I said, relatable.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Like I said, ugly Joseph Gordon Levitt. So picture JGL with poo poo caked on his face.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Also, it's funny how girls love to make their profile pictures like that when guys don't care about social skills or sense of adventure. They just want to make sure she's not a butterface.

Its just as funny that you put up pictures that you want to see, rather than what women want to see.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

paul_soccer10 posted:

do you wanna meet up for a photoshoot? maybe some fun pics togehter with show girls your fun sidE!! plus i will make you look better by comparison

Last time I met up for a photoshoot I ended up with a ballgag in my mouth and a broomstick in my rear end. No thanks.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

in my experience girls like a full body front and back double mirror shot with no clothes on, regardless of your body type they will appreciate your forthrightness

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Last time I met up for a photoshoot I ended up with a ballgag in my mouth and a broomstick in my rear end. No thanks.

use those pics then

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

monkey posted:

Its just as funny that you put up pictures that you want to see, rather than what women want to see.

WELL, SORRY, I DID NOT KNOW I WAS TALKING TO MEL GIBSON FROM "WHAT WOMEN WANT". ONE THOUSAND PARDONS. COUNT 'EM, 1000.

Aug 4, 2010

monkey posted:

Women don't give a poo poo what you look like

lol if you think thats true

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

paul_soccer10 posted:

use those pics then

He said he destroyed those pics!

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

put up a photo of yourself at Machu Picchu with a Bengal tiger, you'll be drowning in Live, Laugh, Love pussy

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
try bumble op, you get girls who are sick of tinder creepos and sometimes theyre cute!!!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
post your pics you piece of poo poo!!

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

paul_soccer10 posted:

try bumble op, you get girls who are sick of tinder creepos and sometimes theyre cute!!!

i've never even heard of it, no way it has the numbers a guy like me needs to slip through the cracks of perpetual loneliness.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

monkey posted:

gently caress there are so many women with all group shots and no indication of which one they are, and so many who just look entirely the same.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

WELL, SORRY, I DID NOT KNOW I WAS TALKING TO MEL GIBSON FROM "WHAT WOMEN WANT". ONE THOUSAND PARDONS. COUNT 'EM, 1000.

Just trying to help. I dont even have a tinder account, but I know some pro-tier tinder users. One of them even works as a photographer and sets up tinder profiles for friendless losers like yourself for $300.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I got murdered on my first Tindr date be careful op

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
OP is a pussy if he doesn't post the pics so we can properly judge him

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Never actually tried any form of online dating before. Made an OkCupid in the past just to lurk and see what was out there, but never got the courage to make a profile. Now, I would happily make one, but in my current location, OkCupid just doesn't have much of an audience. Can't play the numbers game if I don't got numbers to work with. Tinder, however, is hugely popular. I made an account to lurk there, and I saw everyone I saw on OkCupid and 100x more.

So, I'm a slightly above-average looking guy. Sort of niche, more of an ugly JGL than an ugly Brad Pitt. But I thought I wouldn't have much trouble getting a few matches here and there with girls I found attractive. I thought wrong. I made one 5 days ago. Every day I maxed out my "Likes' at least once. You get 100 per 12 hours as a free user. So, that's at least 500 people I had the potential of matching with. I actually have liked or disliked everyone aged 18-27 within 5 miles of my location, there are no more results for those metrics. I was that comprehensive (live 2 miles from a somewhat major city). I swiped "Like" on everyone I found moderately attractive. How many matches did I get? 0. ZILCH. NADA. I'm aware that my profile is not optimal. My pictures are lacking, but there is a full frontal face shot that shows I'm clearly not hideous, and a mirror shot that clearly shows I'm not a fat slob and reiterates that I'm okay in the face. I would definitely swipe yes on a cute girl with pictures that had equal quality. Better than the dumb as dogshit girls who have 4 of their 5 pictures as group shots, and their 5th one is them in full ski gear.

I kind of feel like there has to be some sort of mistake, maybe my profile fell through the cracks and no one is seeing it somehow. Maybe I'm uglier than I think I am. Maybe God is telling me I need to be alone to accomplish great things. But I don't believe in a god. I'm so confused, and it's all thanks to tinder.

U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi you ugly! you ugly!

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

monkey posted:

Just trying to help. I dont even have a tinder account, but I know some pro-tier tinder users. One of them even works as a photographer and sets up tinder profiles for friendless losers like yourself for $300.

I'm not trying to go pro, I'm just trying to hook up with a girl who is really pretty and out of my league and doesn't realize it. I can't do that with smoke and mirrors. I need expectations lowered from the get-go, because I will definitely turn into a loving pumpkin.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

monkey posted:

lol what the gently caress is a pro timder user yu dweeb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

OP is a pussy if he doesn't post the pics so we can properly judge him

And it's too bad, really. I bet you would be a good judge, you big gay human being.

• Locked thread