Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
Seer of millions of years
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I am the lord of eternity
I feel
I perceive
I am in the utchat in it's closing
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
I go in and I come to life

Drunk & Ugly posted:

stay safe Trump ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
So far this is the only alternative I've found that has a separate discussion board for every title:

https://www.themoviedb.org

It doesn't seem that great or busy but it's something for after the 20th I guess :gerty:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
OH NO THE POSTS ARE GONE

ON NO

THE BOARDS... THE BOARDS ARE GONE... ALL OF THEM....

:( :gerty: :saddowns: :sadwave:

:negative:

Want your fuckin poo poo back? Go here:

http://www.moviechat.org

There it is, it's all back. Individual boards for movies, actors, main boards, etc. They even pre-populated everything with as much poo poo they could scrape off of IMDB. (Not everything made it but it's better than nothing.) Hopefully it will improve as it's just started. :downsbravo:

Go reg and get back to trolling away. Post about how much you liked Charlie Sheen's performance in 2016's "Arrival" for example. :smugdon:

:yosbutt:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
(Also of note: the petitions didn't work.)

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think the message boards will be back in a week

like when the mods shut down GBS

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
shut down Youtube comments next

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Grump posted:

shut down Youtube comments next

Monetize Youtube comments: You can only post if you pay per comment

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Dave_Indeed posted:

I hope IMDB itself shuts down because the ratings they use for Horror movies are wrong. It's loving dumb that I have to be suspicious of a movie with an 8/10, and a very solid awesome horror movie is usually like a 5 or 6/10.

its honestly super weird because even the good horror movies get like 6.2, and then the lovely ones also get 6.2. All horrors get a 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
With all the metric data that movies should be getting from reviews on IMDB, I still think having some better info on ratings for films would be appreciated.

Like if I specifically want to know only what a film was rated by people in a certain window of time, for example, to see how popular opinion of a movie might change from theatrical release, to home video, cable broadcast to someone on the internet doing a 1M view video review of it that suddenly spiked the popularity of the film.

• Locked thread