Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

lol i love that vid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
Seer of millions of years
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I am the lord of eternity
I feel
I perceive
I am in the utchat in it's closing
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
I go in and I come to life

awesome doggo

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
scarred for life

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

that pug is like a black guy who just turned a corner and ran into a white man wearing blackface. beatdown gonna be brutal

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

luv 2 date boys posted:

get a better dog, dumbass

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Aww, lil palpatine.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

1500quidporsche posted:

I don't understand how people fail to comprehend this. There's people in my building I've told five plus times that my dog is going to loving bite their hand if they stick it infront of his face and it never stops them from thinking its perfectly fine to stick their hand right in front of the dog's mouth. Is there something I'm not communicating that leads them to think my dog won't loving go for the hand when they put their hand right in his face?

My wife teaches Special Ed and is always talking about how her kids get natural consequences. Kind of like when you tell a child not to touch the hot stove and then they touch it and it's hot and they cry. Sometimes letting people have a natural consequence is the only way they learn. Do not feel bad for these people. They are dumbasses.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Your Taint posted:

My wife teaches Special Ed and is always talking about how her kids get natural consequences. Kind of like when you tell a child not to touch the hot stove and then they touch it and it's hot and they cry. Sometimes letting people have a natural consequence is the only way they learn. Do not feel bad for these people. They are dumbasses.

the problem is when those natural consequences are interpersonal in nature, such as talking poo poo and provoking others leading to an rear end whooping

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

luv 2 date boys posted:

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

luv 2 date boys posted:

in case you need a reference OP, here are 2 better "free" doggos that well adjusted enough not to bite people in public

Which is good because when I got the pointer mix I didn't realize what I was actually getting was a Dalmatian named Marshall who stands at face-height to all the small children who recognize that character and instinctively flock to him. And the murderdog crossed with what appears to be a greyhound always takes the opportunity to sneak in a face lick.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Your dog needs a firmware update OP please connect it to the internet and download the latest updates and drivers

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

ra tehuti posted:

I would rather be crucified than see a pug go unloved.

Does an animal that is born with severe genetic defects deserve our love and affection? Yes! Should we create more animals with diseased genetics? Also yes!

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

various cheeses posted:

What about this one

Something is wrong with that pug. It does not look like a twisted image of its former self.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
This guy crouched down and tried to pet my dog while at a street corner and she immediately backed up into my legs. Then he took a step forward and tried to pet her again before I could pull her away and she ended up smacking the guy in the face with her dogpaw and barking. The guy tried to laugh it off but he totally looked like a scrub.

Here she is looking like a G:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i should be clear that i've never met a pug i didn't like. they are loving friendly dogs and their dumb mannerisms that are brought about by their horrifying rapidly degrading genetic structure are oddly appealing, but they should still go extinct and be illegal to continue breeding.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Whenever someone tells me that something is hot and I shouldn't touch it, I always touch it OP. That's why people hold out their hand at your dog.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
My shiba inu is the same, op. When they yank their hands back at 100mph I just laugh at them and say "looks like you learned a pretty important lesson there" in the smuggest voice I can manage.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!
I realized I have written some mean things about dogs in this thread. I am ok with dogs in general. There is even a dog working at my office.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I realized I have written some mean things about dogs in this thread. I am ok with dogs in general. There is even a dog working at my office.

it is too late. the dog council has already taken note of your comments. the black vans are en route to your location.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
My pitbull is an innocent cutie and might jump and lick your hand/face/etc if she's excited and/or has never seen you before, but she has never bitten anyone's hand and never will. She's the cutest and sweetest. :3:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I saw this show called Bad Dogs or something and this couple on the show had this fat pug (fat even for a pug) that they fed pepperoni pizza to constantly. They also were fat. Like they showed the three of them sitting at a table eating pizza for dinner with forks and knives while the pug went to town from his high chair. So not only is your dog genetically hosed but you're making it even harder for the thing to breathe and get around because its body is 40% pepperoni pizza.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

My pitbull is an innocent cutie and might jump and lick your hand/face/etc if she's excited and/or has never seen you before, but she has never bitten anyone's hand and never will. She's the cutest and sweetest. :3:

this quote will be in the newspaper some day

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

My hound/shepherd mix is the same way. I had never even heard him growl before until I took him once to a different groomer. (He used to get washed/trimmed at his day care with zero issues but now we just do it at home). Anyway, he gave the new groomer some warning growls and some air chomps if she got within 5 feet of him. Behavior I'd never seen, and I've had him since he was 8 weeks old. Sometimes you just never know. Although to be honest, I didn't like her either, so maybe he was on to something.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

luv 2 date boys posted:

a good plan

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Ein cooler Typ posted:

this quote will be in the newspaper some day

yeah I don't think you can be so certain about what could or couldn't happen. Kids especially are such wild cards; I had a 3 year old just walk up to the pointer in Petsmart and out-right bitch slap him on the nose really hard. Luckily, he just kinda looked at me like "wtf is this poo poo, dad!?"

In a scarier moment, my 7 year old nephew came over to our house for the first time and while we were all standing around talking, decides he's going to yank the pit-mix's bed out from under him for no goddamn reason. I'm glad all he got was a warning snap that left a tiny little red whelt where a tooth grazed his forehead.

That dog is the biggest fiend for love and affection from nearly everyone he meets--he loves kids, and I get compliments all the time from parents about how well behaved they both are, but in that instant my wonderful dog could have just as easily removed my Nephew's face in front of all of us.

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Does an animal that is born with severe genetic defects deserve our love and affection? Yes! Should we create more animals with diseased genetics? Also yes!

lol @ neutering dogs

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

pit bulls are hosed up murderdogs and if you think fluffles wouldn't rip the head off a human child first chance it gets you're part of the problem

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
if you don't know how to properly take care of your dog you probably shouldn't be posting about it on the internet.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I had a dog that we got from the kennel once and he was mostly blind and had a messed up lopsided face from probably being smacked by a porcupine and he had this super gross ear infection that stank. His name was Fred. Anyways the best part about Fred the dog was he'd be outside and if he wanted in he'd howl instead of barking because ???dog??? but he'd be all the way at the end of the lead, so you'd open the door and call him in, and as he was running towards the house he'd have his head up in the air still howling away and he'd like lope forward while tripping over his own feet. He also had a dog house we built for him but instead of sleeping in it he'd dig furrows in the yard and lay down in those because ???dog???.

Anyways he was a real good dog and was with us for like 5 years before he died of old. He poo poo on everybody's bed at least once except mine cuz we were buds.

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine

Jimmy Hats posted:

I had a dog that we got from the kennel once and he was mostly blind and had a messed up lopsided face from probably being smacked by a porcupine and he had this super gross ear infection that stank. His name was Fred. Anyways the best part about Fred the dog was he'd be outside and if he wanted in he'd howl instead of barking because ???dog??? but he'd be all the way at the end of the lead, so you'd open the door and call him in, and as he was running towards the house he'd have his head up in the air still howling away and he'd like lope forward while tripping over his own feet. He also had a dog house we built for him but instead of sleeping in it he'd dig furrows in the yard and lay down in those because ???dog???.

Anyways he was a real good dog and was with us for like 5 years before he died of old. He poo poo on everybody's bed at least once except mine cuz we were buds.

So ends the tale of dgsw.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

basic hitler posted:

pit bulls are hosed up murderdogs and if you think fluffles wouldn't rip the head off a human child first chance it gets you're part of the problem

I'm not sure I agree. I think he knows he's only gonna get to eat one so he's tasting them all before he settles on the right one.

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
bad dog is gay

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ra tehuti posted:

bad dog is gay

queer pugs run this town

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
for once, I wish I wasn't in charge.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ra tehuti posted:

for once, I wish I wasn't in charge.

lol

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I pet at least one dog a day and I always first ask the owner if their pup is friendly but for the first time two days ago someone said their dog, a German shepherd, wasn't good with strangers.

I almost called bullshit and almost stuck my hand out to let him have a whiff anyway but then thought better about doing something so potentially idiotic.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

my friends picked up a german shepherd trained as a service dog for their kids, and i made the mistake of trying to say hello to their daughter without first clearing it with the new guardian, but the second i stopped to get permission, they turned into a very sweet puppy, but for a few seconds i had a massive german shepherd snarling at me and i never want to make that mistake ever again.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I took a buzzfeed quiz that said if I was a dog I'd be a German Shepherd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
If I was a dog I'd want to be like my old pal Fred: Really messed up and kinda gross but also very cool and good

• Locked thread