Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Hey Hollywood, now do Ninja Scroll with Ryan Gosling as Jubei please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ghost!? In the SHELL!?

We better get Ghostbusters in here!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Blue Train posted:

oh, yea no its wrong

looks about the same to me

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Riding Bean starring Keanu Reeves.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

cowboy bebop starring burger pug as ein :burgerpug:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

also all the other roles are played by burger pug

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Gonna watch this movie, cyberpunk is cool as gently caress and there's too little of it recently.

Also I stand by my claim that besides the ghibli stuff there are a handful of good animes, which are basically:

- Ghost in the Shell
- Cowboy Bebop
- Akira
- Grave of the Fireflies
- Tekkon Kinkreet
- Magical Princess Strawberry Panty Explosion Mark IV

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

i can't believe they made scarlett johansson pull her eyes back for the entire movie

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
They should have pulled something like an Avatar/Spirits Within and had her character be nothing but a CG creation that was a computer-rendered simulation of ScarJo in every scene.

Voiced by Winona Ryder.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Maya Fey posted:

i can't believe they made scarlett johansson pull her eyes back for the entire movie

i laughed

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
all anime is bad except for jojos bizarre adventure

which is still bad, it just knows its bad. it just doesnt care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aB-LZfxCZs

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Son of Rodney posted:

Gonna watch this movie, cyberpunk is cool as gently caress and there's too little of it recently.

Also I stand by my claim that besides the ghibli stuff there are a handful of good animes, which are basically:

- Ghost in the Shell
- Cowboy Bebop
- Akira
- Grave of the Fireflies
- Tekkon Kinkreet
- Magical Princess Strawberry Panty Explosion Mark IV

Yea these are all good, especially season 6 of Magical Princess Strawberry Panty Explosion Mark IV. Barefoot Gen is another good one similar to grave of the fireflies

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Someone please explain evangelion to me, I'm afraid of going into ADTRW and contracting the pedo-weebs.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Lunixnerd posted:

Someone please explain evangelion to me, I'm afraid of going into ADTRW and contracting the pedo-weebs.

its a bynch of half baked symbolism cargo culting spooky western imagery that never got fully explained because the show got cancelled then they made movies and tried to shoehorn/retcon in more explanation because that means the new stuff is more thought out right?? repeat that process like 3 times

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
the answer to your specific question is is 'for the convenience of plot movement in the episode that it takes place in'

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Lunixnerd posted:

Someone please explain evangelion to me

autism

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

numberoneposter posted:

me typing up a good post:

:same: except shitpost instead

Trunko posted:

Also giant robots are really dumb

Wtf!?

Space Crabs posted:

the only good episode of Ghost in the Shell was one year when Adult Swim pulled an april fools prank and overlaid fart noises over it.

Nerds lost their poo poo because it was the new episode they had been waiting for, but it was covered up in fart noises.

I thought it was funny because the little cripple girl sounded like she propelled her wheelchair with farts.

I laughed my goddamn rear end off when that aired

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Space Crabs posted:

the only good episode of Ghost in the Shell was one year when Adult Swim pulled an april fools prank and overlaid fart noises over it.

Nerds lost their poo poo because it was the new episode they had been waiting for, but it was covered up in fart noises.

I thought it was funny because the little cripple girl sounded like she propelled her wheelchair with farts.

That is so petty and stupid it just works. Are there any links to it or was it a one time, live only deal?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Lunixnerd posted:

It's all about believing in yourself and thinking positive.

The series ends when the main character accepts himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ny2b0lNRwY

anime nerds were upset at this ending so they made a new ending where he fights anime monsters

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
This movie will be Not Good and hopefully kills scarjo's career, the studio that made it, and the anime studio that made ghost in the shell as well

although the ghost in the shell game on steam is pretty fun it's like counter strike but your gun actually shoots where you point it and your characters all have special powers like heat vision or making walls or stuff

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Lunixnerd posted:

You know how a lot of American movies use Eastern religions as a form of mysticism without really understanding any of it?

Evangelion is the exact opposite of that. It's a Japanese series using Western religion as a form of science without really understanding any of it.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lowen SoDium posted:

You know how a lot of American movies use Eastern religions as a form of mysticism without really understanding any of it?

Evangelion is the exact opposite of that. It's a Japanese series using Western religion as a form of science without really understanding any of it.

poo poo I might have to watch it now

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BexGu posted:

That is so petty and stupid it just works. Are there any links to it or was it a one time, live only deal?

There are some links of parts of the episode, the whole thing is probably somewhere but I posted one on the last page

It was great because it was the first airing of a new episode of the Super Serious Dramatic and Thoughtful Anime for Nerds or whatever, but they put fart noises in it. And even apparently took the time to add them in based on the context

*fart* "Even a type 3003 couldn't hide me from a dogs nose" *faaaaaart*

It must suck to even have the channel airing your favorite show make fun of you for liking it, like you can't even escape into your anime anymore at that point.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 17, 2017

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lunixnerd posted:

Some guy said that it couldn't be truly understood if you weren't mentally ill.

That sounds about right

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Blue Train posted:

poo poo I might have to watch it now

No don't it's still anime.

naem
May 29, 2011

Lowen SoDium posted:

It's a Japanese series using Western religion as a form of science without really understanding any of it.

American anime fans are then reversing it and think they are watching "mystical Japanese culture oh so mysterious"

Some of the artwork in anime is great but that just means some talented guy earned minimum wage drawing beautiful watercolor backgrounds for Buckaroo Robot Panty Diapertown Jubilee

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

naem posted:

Some of the artwork in anime is great but that just means some talented guy earned minimum wage drawing beautiful watercolor backgrounds for Buckaroo Robot Panty Diapertown Jubilee

Lol

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

imagine if threads had smells. this one would be quarantined

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

naem posted:

American anime fans are then reversing it and think they are watching "mystical Japanese culture oh so mysterious"

Nobody wants to hear what your fetishes are, jeez.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wamdoodle posted:

Nobody wants to hear what your fetishes are, jeez.

Mine is thongs. :mrgw:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

nigga crab pollock posted:

all anime is bad except for jojos bizarre adventure

which is still bad, it just knows its bad. it just doesnt care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aB-LZfxCZs

Jojo owns and everyone should watch it because it owns.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Jojo owns and everyone should watch it because it owns.

Weebs adore it. Esp. girl weebs that use words like "tsundere" to dscibe characters. I will not touch it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

:hfive:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It's about a haunted gas station

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
We need a crossover film of Ghost in the Machine, Ghost in the Shell and Ghost's characters all having to team up to fight the lions from The Ghost and the Darkness.

Ghosts in the Dark Machine Shell.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

JediTalentAgent posted:

We need a crossover film of Ghost in the Machine, Ghost in the Shell and Ghost's characters all having to team up to fight the lions from The Ghost and the Darkness.

Ghosts in the Dark Machine Shell.

Toss in scooby doo's 13 ghosts and we have a deal

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Moridin920 posted:

anime is a scourge on the modern world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Lunixnerd posted:

Aliens. It's aliens. I think playing a piano is important somewhere along the line, too?

• Locked thread