Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Jail time is too harsh and also then they can't work, instead they should have to pay the hourly rate for everyone they're inconveniencing (if traffic is backed up 15 minutes, you pay me for 15 minutes of what I would make at work). It'll ruin them financially and see people compensated for their 2fast2furious bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
as someone who has been to prison and has grave concerns about our justice system i would just like to say op you dont go far enough these "people" should be executed

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
LOL, accidents are almost never caused by the aggressive idiots, its always old people or moms with kids.

And people who get into a fender bender in the middle lane and then just sit there for 25 minutes with their hazards on because they *need* to take a million pictures of the *accident scene* for their insurance companies and refuse to pull to the shoulder.

I dunno how people manage to like, roll and crush their cars in accidents on I-66 though, that road is a straight line where everyone's going no more than 45mph most of the day.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."

Dave_Indeed posted:

I'm literally talking about 270 and 161 this morning in Columbus, OH ITT.

Ive noticed a lot of ohioans have semi broken cars. In Texas, the police were all over that poo poo. does ohio not care that a ton of people have broken lights?? Thats essentially free money for the police department

Also if its the road im thinking of (dublin-granville) it seems like it made sense for it to be a highway years ago, but at least now, it seems covered by businesses and 1 or 2 schools. in my head, that makes it a regular road. not that im the rear end in a top hat who crashed

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

the great deceiver posted:

as someone who has been to prison and has grave concerns about our justice system i would just like to say op you dont go far enough these "people" should be executed

We both know that they should get crucified on the side of the road where they crashed... I'm just being pragmatic with regards to Trumps congress being able to agree on getting this important legislation off the ground.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Ive noticed a lot of ohioans have semi broken cars. In Texas, the police were all over that poo poo. does ohio not care that a ton of people have broken lights?? Thats essentially free money for the police department

Also if its the road im thinking of (dublin-granville) it seems like it made sense for it to be a highway years ago, but at least now, it seems covered by businesses and 1 or 2 schools. in my head, that makes it a regular road. not that im the rear end in a top hat who crashed

I used to work for the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigations and happen to know the answer is they don't really give a poo poo about anything other than drug busts because whatever money they confiscate from dealers they get to keep here. I have literally driven by sheriffs doing 90 mph on the back roads and they just wave at you. Better things to do.

161 is dublin-granville rd in Columbus' corp limit. It's a 1 and 2 lane road through the city and on the west side. Going east they just expanded it to a 2 lane 70mph expressway. It's actually 3 lanes until New Albany where that merge point exists where everyone is an rear end in a top hat.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

i think in areas where a lot of people won't just pay the ticket off police intentionally give tickets to expensive looking cars and only pull over poors if it's drug related, called in, they're annoyed just bored etc

for similar reasons cops tell people 'listen just pay the smaller ticket here for your headlights and i won't even write the speeding ticket' because they don't want to sit in a court room tired and bored

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Chomp8645 posted:

lol Red States

especially lol Houston.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno if you're just trolling the thread here but on the offchance you aren't it's actually more dangerous to pull stunts like you're doing than it is for someone to speed. In washington the past few yers cops have actually made an effort to start ticketing people inappropriately using the left lane.

Explain to me the legal basis for needing to pass someone going 5 over.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Plenty O Lentils! posted:

lol so yeah i have anger issues and instigate things with strangers all the time. big loving deal. i'm not deluding myself about anything tho; pretty sure this thread is about people holding up traffic and dude who thinks that for some reason nobody else but him deserves to pass people in the left lane is wrong and a dumb-dumb. i mean come on, he's purposely blocking the only two lanes of traffic. this thread is literally about idiots holding up traffic.

You should move closer to work, your commute is going to give you a stroke.

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
People who cause accidents in rush hour should be without question pulled from their car and executed by single gunshot to the back of the head.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
nobody drives well

except me

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
If you are in the left lane and not actively passing cars in the right lane, you don't belong there. Move the gently caress over.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
So this happened yesterday

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/246766915-story

18-wheeler carrying an oversized load crashed into a bridge on an already hellacious bit of highway (183 and 71) right next to the loving airport. lol

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
driving!!!! everyone bad on the high way! oh gently caress!!!!!!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Hammerite posted:

We should all just calm down, be more contemplative, and less quick to judge others.

That's sure gonna fill the empty void immediately in front of your car ("lorry" to the "petrol"-sniffers) unf unf unf gotta go fasssssst there's an empty space I see it gotta fill iiiiiiit

new phone who dis posted:

My favorite thing about the "passing lane" enthusiasts is their simultaneous use of the law as a cudgel while flagrantly ignoring it and putting others at risk. Well, that and them being rage-addled chimps.

Yup.

Have Blue posted:

I have a nice car that was actually designed to handle 70-80(and up) and gently caress you if I'm gonna crawl my way through a 2hr drive through nowhere.

That said, I pick the furthest lane over, minimize lane changes, use signals, and match traffic if there's someone ahead. I also don't drive fast in a shitbox only designed for someone to putter to work in everyday.

German car, huh?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
get the gently caress out of the passing lane you slow fucker!

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I think we can all agree that it should be a death sentence for semis to enter the passing lane. Nothing is worse than a semi trying to pass another going 1 mph faster. They already tend to drive 5 below here anyway.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

ITT we out ourselves as total assholes.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
hey some guy is coming up in the passing lane really fast. and i dont want to go faster than the guy in front of me but i do want to pass him. this seems like my chance
*moves into passing lane, in front of the guy who used to be going really fast and who now has to use the brakes instead*
*is every loving driver on the retarded planet*

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
america will be a better place when its people are no longer allowed to drive

or they are all dead, either way

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
For all the people guessing, used to drive a BMW but then I got tired of the maintenance and settled on a Nissan g coupe.

As for cars handling 70+, most modern cars do fine, but lol if you think you're not cutting into the safety margin on your brakes and tires. double lol if you speed in a rusted pickup or clapped out econobox, which plenty of people do.

E: the entire point of limits is to set a speed appropriate for most cars and drivers in average conditions. If you're a better driver or have a better car, going (reasonably) faster isn't that much more dangerous. Conversely, if your car is limping along or conditions are poo poo then you slow down.

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Apr 6, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Phone posting

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Have Blue posted:

For all the people guessing, used to drive a BMW but then I got tired of the maintenance and settled on a Nissan g coupe.

As for cars handling 70+, most modern cars do fine, but lol if you think you're not cutting into the safety margin on your brakes and tires. double lol if you speed in a rusted pickup or clapped out econobox, which plenty of people do.

E: the entire point of limits is to set a speed appropriate for most cars and drivers in average conditions. If you're a better driver or have a better car, going (reasonably) faster isn't that much more dangerous. Conversely, if your car is limping along or conditions are poo poo then you slow down.

BMW's suck poo poo and are for dumbasses.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Dave_Indeed posted:

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
My list of poo poo that really pisses me off:

Dipshits who get in the EZ-Pass lane and then block it because either they don't have an EZ-Pass or have one, but ignored all the poo poo about affixing it to your window and it's not getting read because they are 20 feet past the sensor holding it. I always thought these dipshits should just get a $100 ticket and go gently caress themselves.

On one of the highways near me the speed limit is 70 mph and most people drive somewhere between 75-80 mph. There are signs all over about "trucks and slower traffic use right two lanes only. Of course, theres always a truck going 60, being "passed" by a truck going 61, which is also being "passed" by another truck going 62 which creates a really pointless slowdown for the whole highway.

There is a side road way I take sometimes because while it takes longer it's less stressful and usually has little to no traffic. It's all country roads ranging between 35 and 50 mph that go through a national park. It also has lots of signs indicating "No through trucks" "No vehicles over x tons". Recently I had a few mornings get ruined because instead of moving at a reasonable pace through there, I get stuck moving at 10 to 20 mph while some semi, which has no business taking the route in the first place, has to negotiate a bunch ridiculous turns that a truck really shouldn't make.

Quick Edit:
Oh and people who speed up to block you from entering a lane as soon as they see your blinker.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

9 times out of 10 when I see someone driving like an rear end in a top hat and weaving through lanes to save 30 seconds on their commute they're in a BMW. Something about those cars turns you into a prick.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Crotch rocket motorcycles have a much higher douchebag ratio but also reap a much deadlier toll on the douchebag population therefore I forgive them.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Crotch rocket motorcycles have a much higher douchebag ratio but also reap a much deadlier toll on the douchebag population therefore I forgive them.

I used to have two roommates who rode those and neither was a douche but one of them was kinda real dumb and rode around real fast in flip flops. So douchebags AND idiots.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
My favorites are idiot truckers who try to slalom through traffic like they are vin diesel driving a muscle car, lose control, flip over and block multiple lanes and destroy a shitload of cargo.

Whenever those idiots survive thats when i believe god is unjust.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Space Camp fuckup posted:

9 times out of 10 when I see someone driving like an rear end in a top hat and weaving through lanes to save 30 seconds on their commute they're in a BMW. Something about those cars turns you into a prick.

I'll never understand that behavior in heavy traffic, you're not getting anywhere any quicker than anyone else...but even reasonable people start to act like poo poo heads if you've got someone clogging up the left lane in lighter traffic. What's funny to me is that everyone here that wants to talk about how much they like doing that seems to think the only people who complain about it are those trying to pass them--never even considering how its affecting those in the right lane, doing what they are supposed to do, that now have cars driving dangerously around them...and it could all be quickly and painlessly resolved if those jackasses would just let the person go by. It'd be great if they wouldn't drive like that, but they are, and instead of trying to mitigate the risk to themselves and others, people want to make some passive aggressive moral stand on the road.

Like, just be cool to one another; drive to conditions, don't cut people off, let people merge in front of you, use a signal, don't ride people's asses, and use the left lane for passing only. BTW this is coming from someone from Texas with a 600+ HP BMW SUV. If I can be polite on the road, so can you.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dave_Indeed posted:

No, you don't understand, they are fine automobiles, crafted by German engineers for the Autobahn, which has an enlightened way of driving, you see, and furthermore

Space Camp fuckup posted:

You just don't know how to drive properly, and are probably a poor. You see, in Germany, there's this cool road, the Autobahn, where you can go as fast as you want and everyone gets out of your way it's quite enlightened really

wuffles posted:

Like, just be cool to one another; drive to conditions, don't cut people off, let people merge in front of you, use a signal, don't ride people's asses, and use the left lane for passing only. BTW this is coming from someone from Texas with a 600+ HP BMW SUV. If I can be polite on the road, so can you.

My word, 600+ HP!? Truly you are...

well, giving good advice while showing us all your autodick and insisting you're "one of the good ones." So, I guess you come off as neutral?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

wuffles posted:

I'll never understand that behavior in heavy traffic, you're not getting anywhere any quicker than anyone else...but even reasonable people start to act like poo poo heads if you've got someone clogging up the left lane in lighter traffic. What's funny to me is that everyone here that wants to talk about how much they like doing that seems to think the only people who complain about it are those trying to pass them--never even considering how its affecting those in the right lane, doing what they are supposed to do, that now have cars driving dangerously around them...and it could all be quickly and painlessly resolved if those jackasses would just let the person go by. It'd be great if they wouldn't drive like that, but they are, and instead of trying to mitigate the risk to themselves and others, people want to make some passive aggressive moral stand on the road.

As long as the entire population of the left lane is cruising at a reasonable speed and passing the right, there's no reason they all should have to be shunted to the right for some rear end in a top hat driving like a maniac who thinks the world should revolve around him.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

No, you don't understand, they are fine automobiles, crafted by German engineers for the Autobahn, which has an enlightened way of driving, you see, and furthermore

You just don't know how to drive properly, and are probably a poor. You see, in Germany, there's this cool road, the Autobahn, where you can go as fast as you want and everyone gets out of your way it's quite enlightened really

My word, 600+ HP!? Truly you are...

well, giving good advice while showing us all your autodick and insisting you're "one of the good ones." So, I guess you come off as neutral?

I have a handy rule, if you brag about or take undue pride in something you can just buy off the shelf you are probably rich and gauche.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

there's no reason

It's literally the law in a few states and is enforced. All other states suggest you move over for faster traffic either by writing it all over signs you apparently don't read or by saying so in the drivers code.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Dave_Indeed posted:

It's literally the law in a few states and is enforced. All other states suggest you move over for faster traffic either by writing it all over signs you apparently don't read or by saying so in the drivers code.

I have no pity for those who disregard the law and then want to hide behind it. gently caress them. There's no law saying I have to yield to an rear end in a top hat going 100mph. If I'm traveling faster than the traffic in the right lane, I am also passing in the passing lane, and just because some rage-addled simian thinks we should all be going the speed of light doesn't mean I have to get over.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I have no pity for those who disregard the law and then want to hide behind it. gently caress them. There's no law saying I have to yield to an rear end in a top hat going 100mph. If I'm traveling faster than the traffic in the right lane, I am also passing in the passing lane, and just because some rage-addled simian thinks we should all be going the speed of light doesn't mean I have to get over.

There literally are laws that say you have to yield to the person going 100 mph in 11 states, probably more now. All others have verbage in them to that effect but are not really enforced. Your posts are hilarious because this attitude is exactly why they started enforcing the laws.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
u should be executed for your bad posting

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Dave_Indeed posted:

There literally are laws that say you have to yield to the person going 100 mph in 11 states, probably more now. All others have verbage in them to that effect but are not really enforced. Your posts are hilarious because this attitude is exactly why they started enforcing the laws.

In a 2 lane road situation those people can get hosed. I refuse to take part in a system that rewards assholes breaking the law and slows everyone else down. They can eat poo poo and die, no matter how many rules lawyer defenders they have on the internet. They are 100% the one creating the unsafe situation and punishing people for not enabling them is mind-bogglingly loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dave_Indeed posted:

You should let that guy pass bc he will flush out cops ahead

• Locked thread