Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

opie posted:

I've met many goons and most have been permabanned.

Why are you confessing to murder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Spinster posted:

You are hurting my feelings. I prefer Top Ramen.

We have Top Ramen working on it right now.
Who?
Top... Ramen.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

bradzilla posted:

We have Top Ramen working on it right now.
Who?
Top... Ramen.

haha

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Was supposed to go to a goon meet here in Arizona but I was too drunk to go. If you know about the goon meets they used to have way back then it sounds impossible but there ya go. :shrug:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I've gone to some goon meets (like, 5 groups) and everyone was awesome.

Alas, I was too late getting to the firing range and shoot micromancer's guns. I had even picked up some sweet ammo for everyone since I don't own a gun. I asked someone else when the group that was there when he got there left, and he said about 15 minutes before. Then he said,"Yeah. One of 'em was wearing a kilt..." I was like,"Yep, sounds like the goon group to me."

I didn't have anyone's phone number so tried pm'ing the people at the meet to find out where to go next, but because they are normal people and not shut-ins like myself, they didnt check their pm's for for several hours, so I was already back home. They were super nice and apologetic, and it was completely my fault, so the apologies were completely unnecessary. They had an awesome time.

Basically, from the impression I've gotten from the goons I've met in person, I'd have to say that goons is good people. I'm not including our pedophiles, rapists, stalkers, or murderers in that assumption though. But i have not met one of those (that I know of).

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Bored posted:

I've gone to some goon meets (like, 5 groups) and everyone was awesome.

Alas, I was too late getting to the firing range and shoot micromancer's guns. I had even picked up some sweet ammo for everyone since I don't own a gun. I asked someone else when the group that was there when he got there left, and he said about 15 minutes before. Then he said,"Yeah. One of 'em was wearing a kilt..." I was like,"Yep, sounds like the goon group to me."

I didn't have anyone's phone number so tried pm'ing the people at the meet to find out where to go next, but because they are normal people and not shut-ins like myself, they didnt check their pm's for for several hours, so I was already back home. They were super nice and apologetic, and it was completely my fault, so the apologies were completely unnecessary. They had an awesome time.

Basically, from the impression I've gotten from the goons I've met in person, I'd have to say that goons is good people. I'm not including our pedophiles, rapists, stalkers, or murderers in that assumption though. But i have not met one of those (that I know of).

You should have showed the picture of Micromancer lounging with his guns while wearing his banana hammock to the range employee and been like, HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
where tha detroit michigoons

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I Brake For MILFs posted:

It's funny, when there are hurricanes rolling through all the Florida goons come out of the woodwork. There are a bunch of us. After the hurricane passes we all go silent again.

The Florida thread moves slowly but surely. Most people are central or North except for me, Skoll who upsets everyone, and the dude who was trying his hand at being a puppet master and it all went a bit weird. It's a pretty chill thread though.

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

A history teacher in high school (Maryland) was a goon. He asked if I had stairs in my house and I didn't get it at the time.

If you post here Mr. G, thank you for not failing me and making Hitchhiker's Guide references throughout class. You fuckin goon.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

former monroe county goon reporting

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I met a goon at the Women's March a few months ago but didn't realize he was a goon until I saw him posting pictures of himself here. I don't think I'm going to bring it up if I see him again

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

One time a guy we invited to our DoD clan 18 years ago told us he was moving to Pennsylvania. Turns out he was in my class. I was a stereotypical white goon and he was a hardass Latino dude. It was funny, we nodded to each other and that was it.

Talked and played plenty online, but never ever in real life. Sorta like how Facebook is nowadays. I'm sure I've meet goons in passing, but my outward appearance doesn't out me as anything but a lazy white guy. So, they don't clock me.

EL BROMANCE posted:

The Florida thread moves slowly but surely. Most people are central or North except for me, Skoll who upsets everyone, and the dude who was trying his hand at being a puppet master and it all went a bit weird. It's a pretty chill thread though.

I check on it every once in awhile (usually when a hurricane comes, funny) I should start posting in it.

pap smear
Jan 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

we out here

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Posted a blurb in SH/SC or YOSPOS sometime in the early/mid 2000's about my company needing a couple people for generic computer janitor work, and we ended hiring two completely normal guys who were going to college nearby. UTD Richardson.

Awesome funny guys, many laughs had, they graduated and moved on to good jobs. Haven't talked to them in 10 or so years.

Only "goons" I've met in person.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
My life is a string of goon meets, holy poo poo. I've met all types in all places over many years. My social circle exploded when I made a nuisance of myself with Eve goons a few years ago. I've made some good friends who are decidedly not psychopaths or grognards because of that.

These days, though, most of the folks I've become close with are thanks to the Discord server I spun up two years ago looking for chill goons to play Overwatch with. I see a bunch of them in person fairly regularly and plan on meeting as many as possible as money and time allows. Knowing that group has really enriched my life and I'm lucky to be a part of that community.

I've only had two bad experiences and they're both pretty tame. I think it was gooncon in Chicago in like, 2005 (maybe), where I made an rear end of myself at the prize drawing/kick-off panel and then was so mortified I didn't mingle for long and went home.

Another involved a similar story to the OP, meeting a goon for weed. She sent me some pictures of herself which I thought was kinda strange since I was just looking for a buddy to smoke with and gave me her address. I was lonely and sober enough to roll through and go hang out. She greets me at the door with a big hug and invites me inside, proceeding to introduce me to her husband. She didn't say poo poo about being married and he did NOT look happy. After sitting down and being turned down for a hand shake he asks "so are you a fuckin' goon or what? You come here to smoke our weed?" Uhhhhh... What followed was kind of a blur because the second the wife left the room the husband said some really lovely things about her so I skeedaddled ASAP.

Honestly, folks, go make goon friends. You'll make friends through them and thanks to a common bond you'll click quickly. Hell I know of at least one married couple that met because of the forums. At the bare minimum you'll have done something outside your comfort zone and come away with a story to tell.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

give me the digits on goon slut wife please

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

give me the digits on goon slut wife please

(666) 420-6969

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

drat you met her too?

Also I just remembered I got spotted as a goon during a loving job interview. It was the last of FOUR loving INTERVIEWS and they were taking me out to lunch. I hate that poo poo. They asked me what my hobbies were and I told them I was playing too much eve online and one of them straight up asked "are you a goon?" I stammered a bit and said yes and he said he was too and said goons were the "assholes of the internet". I got the job. Then I lost it. Good times.

Gutlocker if you're reading this: holla at your boy and let's get high before you become a missing persons case, last seen in a German brothel.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

The only goons I've knowingly met are my cousin and a guy I used to work with. There's a few goons in D&D UKMT who live in the same area I used to but I've not met them.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I worked a summer job 10 years ago with a goon at a Polo Ralph Lauren store. I said something like "good I'm glad of it" and he called me out. We laughed and that was it.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Any Tampa goons here wanna do drugs with me? Note: I need you to supply the drugs but I'll give you money and if you're a hot girl I'll gently caress you.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Jon Pop?

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ben Me Lowtax posted:

Another involved a similar story to the OP, meeting a goon for weed. She sent me some pictures of herself which I thought was kinda strange since I was just looking for a buddy to smoke with and gave me her address. I was lonely and sober enough to roll through and go hang out. She greets me at the door with a big hug and invites me inside, proceeding to introduce me to her husband. She didn't say poo poo about being married and he did NOT look happy. After sitting down and being turned down for a hand shake he asks "so are you a fuckin' goon or what? You come here to smoke our weed?" Uhhhhh... What followed was kind of a blur because the second the wife left the room the husband said some really lovely things about her so I skeedaddled ASAP.
This is a good story ty

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I finger blasted a curvy goonette at a concert

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

thank loving god, no

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
met eve goons, met gun goons, met lit goons. They were all pretty chill.

Pretty sure I met a SJW GBS goon, this was back during touchy feely gbs, and she was ranting publicly about how SA was a better forum than everywhere, was kind of a massive landwhale, and was at an anime con.

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

OWLS! posted:

Pretty sure I met a SJW GBS goon, this was back during touchy feely gbs, and she was ranting publicly about how SA was a better forum than everywhere, was kind of a massive landwhale, and was at an anime con.

reported for mod sass

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

Yo. We exist!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

OWLS! posted:

met eve goons, met gun goons, met lit goons. They were all pretty chill.

sounds about right

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

mrfreeze posted:

Yo. We exist!

Detroit goon checking in

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I knew a whole bunch of goons IRL in my tiny hometown, it was an insane percentage given the population. But this was like 10 years ago when I still lurked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I've met 1.5 goons irl;

One I knew as a person before we knew one another were goons

The other was an ex-goon

• Locked thread