Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Let's talk about the times we've interacted with goons IRL, intentionally or accidentally.

Unintentional:
In like 2005, I went to a Best Buy near me while wearing my CNST t-shirt. The Best Buy greeter did the Stairs routine and I pretended I had no loving clue what he was talking about, because he was the stereotypical fat pasty goon.

Several years later, in 2009 or so, I worked for a bank call center. I took a call from a dude, and I noticed a pending $9.95 transaction from SA. I told him I also post here and went on with the rest of the call without saying or doing anything goony.

Intentional:
In 2010 I was getting into weed and was too much of a bitch to try to find a dealer in the traditional methods. I posted in the TCC "post your info" thread and looked for local goons. I PMd one and asked about a hookup. He said he would help me out. We arranged to meet at his house, and he told me to walk around to the back door and go inside. I arrived to find it was a huge house on a nice lake. I sat in my car nervously for a few minutes before mustering the courage to walk into a stranger's house. Uhhh, there's no one here.... A few minutes later, a woman walked into the room, startled, and asked who I am. It was his mom. I quickly came up with the lie that I was a friend from school, waiting for the goon that I can't remember the name of now. She seemed to buy it and told me he should be home soon. He was supposed to be here already... I waited and waited, getting increasingly nervous until a kid appears in the backdoor. He is literally a loving high schooler. I was probably 24 at the time. So we greet, he says the weed is at his friend's house. I drive separate from him, and again find myself walking into a stranger's house. Into a basement with more high schoolers. I manage to get my stuff and leave, feeling very strange about the experience. When I tried to contact him again, he ghosted on me and I never heard from him again.

I quickly found another local goon who was willing to sell from the same thread. This guy didn't want to provide the direct hookup but would refer me to his source. He wasn't sure about the quantity I asked for, being that he would typically buy in ounces, whereas I was a weed noob and was buying 1/8s. Since I wanted such low quantities, he agreed to sell to me from his own stock. We met at a neutral location and did the deal in his car for the first several times. He is a chill middle-aged hippie basically, and we hit it off right away. After that, he invited me to his home to deal. He has a chill wife and had 3 cats at the time I first went to his house. He basically became my weed dad, and is still my guy 8 years later. His wife frequently gives me cool artsy stuff, weed-infused food or whatever else. They are really cool people and I'm glad to have met them. :3:

Now tell me your stories!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my God Brad lol you felon

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I bought a storage shelf for in the bathroom from a goon in Korea Town who was moving back East. I still have it but my wife hates it so I dont think we are going to take it with us when we leave our current apartment maybe i will see if any local goons have need of it and then i will have met two goons through that shelf :allears:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Spinster posted:

Oh my God Brad lol you felon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L397TWLwrUU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I went to the recent Beer Hall Putz in Queens organized by Lowtax. Talked to him about non internet stuff, smoked cigs with other goons and had a good talk with frags sister about X Files. Only a few goons acted out, and only in small bursts. I was the most handsome goon there. Overall, a nice time.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

lowtax came up to me in the mall last year and asked if i was going to finish my cinnabon (yes i was thank you)

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

i once gave a hand job to a guy who posts here

It was me

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I met goons when I started college and a goon bought me my account in 2005 and he mods a sub forum. They was all pretty good people.

Idk if they still are good people, and can’t vouch for their behavior in the meantime.

Statistically it’s possible some became murderers or deviants of some kind.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
My old roommate hosted a goon meet (!) about 12 or 13 years ago. About 6 nerds came to our apartment and we smoked weed and watched some of the George Clooney Batman movie on tv for a bit before I went to the bar with my friends.

Tane posted:

i once gave a hand job to a guy who posts here

It was me

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I went and shot guns with a goon at a gun range. It was pretty neat.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Had a goon join a board game club I go to regularly before he moved, great taste in games and generally solid guy.

Also don’t know if it counts since he doesn’t really post here much anymore, but I met Rocco and the Mega64 crew a couple weeks ago. Cool times, got to visit a post office and ate a burrito.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
i've had sex with 2 goons, one became my boyfriend for a while

never met anyone out of the blue though :(

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

AEMINAL posted:

i've had sex with 2 goons, one became my boyfriend for a while

never met anyone out of the blue though :(

Disgusting

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I've never met a fellow goon IRL but im not opposed to the idea. If you live near Richmond, Virginia, get at me.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Those grenade decals some people have on their car's rear windshield don't have anything to do with SA, do they? If they do, then I've randomly seen some goons driving on the road over the years. If not, well nada!

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
I wish I had cool weed connects :(

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
There's another forums user here who gets my "goon meat" IYKWIM :smuggo:

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Jikes posted:

I wish I had cool weed connects :(

Do you live in a city?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Jim Barris posted:

I've never met a fellow goon IRL but im not opposed to the idea. If you live near Richmond, Virginia, get at me.

Hello.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I hung out with 2 goons last weekend in the nations capital

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

my first college roommate was a goon as it turned out, but he sucked and got on meth. i found out later he tried to literally jack torrence his way into his girlfriends apartment and was committed for like 6 months

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Kazak posted:

I was the most handsome goon there.

The lowest of low bars.

We used to have bitchin goon meets in the bay area involving food and/or getting rip roaring drunk.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I bought Fallout and Fallout 2 from SpokkerJones in SA Mart in like 2005

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Blue Raider posted:

my first college roommate was a goon as it turned out, but he sucked and got on meth. i found out later he tried to literally jack torrence his way into his girlfriends apartment and was committed for like 6 months

did axe maniac show you his toilet drawings too?

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
I was hanging out at a bar a couple years back and got to talking with some random guy in a suit about poker and his work and he told me about how he ran a WoW classic server on an internet comedy forum but prefaced it with "it's kinda embarrassing..." So it's good to know random bar goons are still capable of shame about our mutual association.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Hector Beerlioz posted:

did axe maniac show you his toilet drawings too?

good thing that fucker never had a private submarine

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013
I think bologna is a proper goon meat.

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
Many years ago in college, someone set up a goon meet for a concert in a bar. He said he would be wearing a crazy cowboy hat.
I went, and when I saw him, I thought he was really weird and decided not to be a part of whatever was happening.

He later posted that no one showed up, and asked how anyone could miss him when he was wearing that crazy hat.

I’m sorry, weird looking cowboy hat goon. I had too many weirdos in my life at the time and didn’t need another.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Spagghentleman posted:

I think bologna is a proper goon meat.

Based on a lot of the posting here spam might be more appropriate.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Xenocides posted:

ayy lmao

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Xenocides posted:

:riker:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The closest i ever got to a goon meet was posting a picture of a car in LoDo near shelby's and having a goon (nolan arenado, but not that nolan arenado) go, "hey i know where that is" and offering to buy him a beer if he's ever downtown.

Didnt happen. :-(

pap smear
Jan 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Never interacted with another Goon IRL but I keep trying to get one to visit me. You know who you are!

Xenocides posted:

lmao

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I went to the NYC goon meet a couple months back and met Lowtax, it was neat

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Blade Runner posted:

I went to the NYC goon meet a couple months back and met Lowtax, it was neat

:cheerdoge:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I went to one in the early 00's? Toby and Bizarro Toby were the only goons of note I can remember seeing. It was at the Miramar in Milwaukee. Then we went to some diner, and I felt really out of place with all these weirdo fucks around me and I realized that maybe I wasn't as goony as I thought. The woman next to me was talking about a video game she played in a really condescending way. I was not impressed.

Oh yeah, we went to Landmark to bowl too.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Jim Barris posted:

Gwarbar owns. I don't live near Richmond though.

I've only met one goon irl she was chill and we ate some really good food in Raleigh.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

yo long island goons lets get together.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
There's a whole subforum dedicated to goon meets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Im Ready for DEATH posted: