Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Tane is the Dark Souls of memes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
whoever said they were using irithyll straight sword...yep

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

a Loving Dog posted:

if you mean the guys in the swamp, the one that doesnt carry a weapon and just jumps on your head has hosed my poo poo up about 80 pushups worth of times

Not even like the guys in the first area

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

a Loving Dog posted:

right after i posted this i invaded a dude in the forest as a purple guy, and then a blue guy came. we were all using this sword lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's just so good. Also mine is +3 which makes it way better than my other weapons

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I thought it be cool to put down a coop sign right in front of Vordt and then somebody grabbed me and made me fight a different boss that I assume is a little later in the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

also when you invade someone i dont understand the people who would rather just jump off a cliff than fight? thats so lame

I was invading a bunch in crucifixion woods last night and I got a guy who was trying to do this but the fall wasn't big enough and I killed him with a plunging attack ftw

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's the Drake Sword except you actually have to achieve something to get it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's kinda neat that the first boss in this game, the tutorial boss, shares a design with 90% of the DSII bosses and then halfway through the fight he turns into something actually interesting and then the game never looks back. Feels like a slight middle finger to DSII lol.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Can someone spoil me on where the sunlight covenant is please? Or give a hint?

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Aston posted:

Can someone spoil me on where the sunlight covenant is please? Or give a hint?

It's near the first fat lady in the undead settlement, if you cross a bridge you went too far.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

NG+ has remixed enemy types and locations 😍😍😍😍

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

keep losing hours of sleep every night laying in bed thinking about the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

keep losing hours of sleep every night laying in bed thinking about the game

I was thinking about how easy it would be to rush the red eye orb and now I want to make a low level pvp guy and just hang out in the first zone murking people

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm going to go to the tower and kill that giant and if he doesn't drop a greatbow I'm going to be pissed.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm going to go to the tower and kill that giant and if he doesn't drop a greatbow I'm going to be pissed.

smh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Make Peace

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

He cost Me 8000 souls. He will pay

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

theyre in the game somewhere i assure u. :P

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
although, i havent fired a bow except in the swamp to get stuff out of the deep water. so im not sure what youd use one for

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

although, i havent fired a bow except in the swamp to get stuff out of the deep water. so im not sure what youd use one for

I thought I'd be tricky and shoot the body down from the big rear end cliff in front of the church, but the physics made the item stay up on the ledge, pwned

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I thought I'd be tricky and shoot the body down from the big rear end cliff in front of the church, but the physics made the item stay up on the ledge, pwned

yeah i usually just go up on the ledge, get right up against it, swing at it, and then mash the poo poo out of X and hope the physics work in my favor

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

haha. you should go up and get it. theres a nice view from up there

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Found the rafters in cathedral of the deep. This is the first time I've gotten vertigo from a video game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I bought the old Woolf great sword and I don't really like the move set :( I wasted 3 scales on it and just went back to my butchers knife

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Benny D posted:

Found the rafters in cathedral of the deep. This is the first time I've gotten vertigo from a video game

wasnt bad for me but anor londo rafters make me sweat really bad still lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I have so many items I want to use now but I don't have the upgrade materials to try them out as much as I'd like. Especially boss weapons... I've found like three titanite scales so far and im at Boreal Valley so my Farron Greatsword is less powerful than my uchigatana which im getting bored of.

a Loving Dog posted:

wasnt bad for me but anor londo rafters make me sweat really bad still lol
yeah those were way worse. im glad, i don't think I could take that again

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

if you mean the guys in the swamp, the one that doesnt carry a weapon and just jumps on your head has hosed my poo poo up about 80 pushups worth of times

loving this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

I'm using it too lol. I got up to the Cathedral last night, I feel like a moron but I had to summon somebody for the Crystal Sage fight because I was having a lot of trouble with the clones in the second stage.

I want to try out some PvP, where's a good spot to invade?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Anywhere where the bonfire isn't super close to the boss door is good for invasions

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
madman invading the skeleton land with the shield-piercing poison spear is the greatest. hitting three shield-up phantoms at once and procing poison is beautiful.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Someone help me with the catacombs boss... he backs me up against the wall before I can destroy the rings and kills me with gas breath every time. I just can't destroy the arms fast enough. Does he only move back if you stay too far away??

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Do you still use a white soapstone for the purple cov?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Benny D posted:

Someone help me with the catacombs boss... he backs me up against the wall before I can destroy the rings and kills me with gas breath every time. I just can't destroy the arms fast enough. Does he only move back if you stay too far away??

For the most part, yeah, you want to take the fight to him and retreat as little as possible. Good luck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm using it too lol. I got up to the Cathedral last night, I feel like a moron but I had to summon somebody for the Crystal Sage fight because I was having a lot of trouble with the clones in the second stage.

I want to try out some PvP, where's a good spot to invade?

the forest where the sage is at was a lot of fun but that's the furthest I've been in the game so idk if there's better elsewhere

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

HolePisser1982 posted:

Do you still use a white soapstone for the purple cov?
yep.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Is there any point in healing the Dark Sigil? It costs like 100k souls, I already made myself look normal with a Purging Stone and I killed Yuria for being creepy so I'm guessing that locked me out of whatever story path that was taking me down.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

haha. you should go up and get it. theres a nice view from up there

it was one of the first paths I went down in the area, great looking spot and it helped me orient myself in the village. and when I smacked the body that time it just fell off the cliff lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

Anywhere where the bonfire isn't super close to the boss door is good for invasions

my favorite place is the cathedral start bonfire and i chase people through the graveyard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

The cathedral can be tough for invasions since it's so loving huge, but it's great for surprise attacks if you know where you're going

• Locked thread