Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

My wife was the same way until our front loader took a poo poo and literally every new front loader available had poo poo ratings.

I convinced her to go back to a top loader and now shes just happy to have a reliable machine.

Every front loader I looked at in Lowes yesterday while picking up a rat trap (fucker chewed the power cord for my desktop gigabit switch, the desk lamp, and my GODDAMNED SHOP-VAC HOSE. For this he will die) was $800+ That's ridiculous.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

That's loving annoying. I always thought the Kenmore-by-Whirlpool stuff was just rebranded, without parts specific to Kenmore. I mean, I'm sure it does have a cross reference part, but so far the parts I've had to replace on my "Kenmore" washer have all come up with Whirlpool part numbers with enough digging, and everything inside it has been straight Whirlpool.

Mine's a basic twist and pull timer top loader from 2006 though. Dryer's a year newer, but it's taking longer and longer to dry clothes, so I should tear into it soon. It had a rats nest in the exhaust when I bought it (thankfully no rats) :sigh:, it likely just needs to be opened up and cleaned out. I'll probably tackle that in a week or two, I just need to find a sucker friend to help me move it into the living room.

But hey.. $100 for the set, and I only have $5 in parts into the washer and a $20 cord into the dryer...

Oh, they're all Whirlpool part numbers, but the parts sites list certain ones (like the CCU) just for Kenmore washers, while other part number, like the actual control panel board for mine, will list for Whirlpool, Kenmore, and Maytag.

angryrobots posted:

At my wife's work, they bought a (Whirlpool I think) residential-grade front loader, and washed heavy towel loads at least twice daily for over 5 years. Finally part of the drum or suspension broke, but I thought that was pretty good for the abuse it received.

For reference, the employees responsible for washing towels also let the dryer lint trap get so clogged that the thermal switch kicked out. Employees claimed they had no idea the trap was there, and "have never cleaned the one at home..."

So yeah, I think that's a pretty good service life considering the conditions.

I've got no complaints about the performance of the machine, and I'm sort of impressed that it worked at all with the Frankenstein control system. The only thing that truly pisses me off about it is how super brittle the plastic housing for the control panel board and the CCU get when they age. It's a common issue, and folks are complaining about it on parts sites, since you can't buy just that plastic part. The actual outside part of the control panel, and other external plastic trim, is fine. It's just the carrier for the boards, which unfortunately also provide the mounting and spring action for the external-facing buttons. I'm going to have to be creative to make the buttosn work again, likely involving JB Weld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

2013. Just need to replace the actual rim and maybe the audio control buttons while I'm at it because they've got some wear too.

It seems like they often go around $180ish new, I just don't know if there's a Honda dealer out there doing crazy discounts for online orders.

I got a used leather wheel off ebay for my xB, it just took a few months to find one in decent condition but I'm super happy with it. The stock plastic wheel was horrible, luckily RAV4 wheels fit on it :)

Darchangel posted:

I've got no complaints about the performance of the machine, and I'm sort of impressed that it worked at all with the Frankenstein control system. The only thing that truly pisses me off about it is how super brittle the plastic housing for the control panel board and the CCU get when they age. It's a common issue, and folks are complaining about it on parts sites, since you can't buy just that plastic part. The actual outside part of the control panel, and other external plastic trim, is fine. It's just the carrier for the boards, which unfortunately also provide the mounting and spring action for the external-facing buttons. I'm going to have to be creative to make the buttosn work again, likely involving JB Weld.

Sounds like a job for a 3D printer. If it's a common failure part thats not available you could sell them and make money!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Wait so your stomach is now 1/4 the size? Yikes. What kind of fun is to be expected from this procedure?

Dramatic weight loss in the 150-200 lb in 12 months range. It also removes the part of the digestion system that creates the hormone that makes you feel hungry until your body recovers the ability to do it in about 2-3 years. The idea is by that time all the needed lifestyle changes have been made to make the weight loss life long. Right now in day 8 I am basically on fat free, sugar free pudding and jello 2-3 times a day. On Thursday I can try pouched eggs and mashed potatoes!

It has the other benefit of saving money by only spending $30 a week on feed and never wanting to go out anywhere.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

2013. Just need to replace the actual rim and maybe the audio control buttons while I'm at it because they've got some wear too.

It seems like they often go around $180ish new, I just don't know if there's a Honda dealer out there doing crazy discounts for online orders.

The part # is 78501-T0A-A10ZA (you probably already know this)

here is a used one with audio controls included for $70:

https://ahparts.com/buy-used/2014-H...ASABEgI83vD_BwE

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

iwentdoodie posted:

Anyone here work with injection molding, preferably in the US?

Need some poo poo made for work, and I'd throw a goon the business if possible.

I'm not a mold house but I have experience with it if you need design consulting, and I know of a few shops that do good work here in CO, depending on volume and size and all that. You don't have PMs here, want me to post an email or are you willing to?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Tamiflu is bullshit and literally kills more people per year than it saves (through complications from constipation and/or diarrhea, depending on the person, usually in elderly people) and I've literally seen old people die from it after transporting them to the hospital for acute constipation after entire nursing homes were given tamiflu per protocol because a preset percentage of the rest of the population were diagnosed with influenza.

However, for regular adults, it is merely a timewaster with minimal affect on mortality. It may reduce the days affected by the virus by up to one.

No I'm not bitter.

:( RIP me

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Sounds like a job for a 3D printer. If it's a common failure part thats not available you could sell them and make money!

Don't I know it! Soooooon...
This part is actually a bit big for common printers, since it's 2 to 2-1/2 feet long (slightly less that a typical washer is wide) but could be made in two or three parts and solvent welded together, I suppose.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Can I have all your stuff? I'm assuming you have stuff.

edit: I mean, if you're dead and all, you don't need it...

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Darchangel posted:

Can I have all your stuff? I'm assuming you have stuff.

edit: I mean, if you're dead and all, you don't need it...

I'm sure my wife would be ecstatic.
I hope you have lots of garage space.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Frontier yesterday: "Hey this is Frontier letting you know we received your identity verification form and deposit, your install will be on the originally scheduled date and time".
Frontier at 9:30am today: "Hi this is Frontier letting you know your installation has been placed on hold, please call the order verification department"

I call them.. they say there's no hold.

Frontier at 11:30am today: "Hi this is Frontier, letting you know we got your identity verification and deposit, your install will be on the originally scheduled date"
Frontier an hour ago: "Hi this is Frontier letting you know your installation has been placed on hold, please call the order verification department".

I call them again.. they say there's no hold.

:fuckoff:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Frontier yesterday: "Hey this is Frontier letting you know we received your identity verification form and deposit, your install will be on the originally scheduled date and time".
Frontier at 9:30am today: "Hi this is Frontier letting you know your installation has been placed on hold, please call the order verification department"

I call them.. they say there's no hold.

Frontier at 11:30am today: "Hi this is Frontier, letting you know we got your identity verification and deposit, your install will be on the originally scheduled date"
Frontier an hour ago: "Hi this is Frontier letting you know your installation has been placed on hold, please call the order verification department".

I call them again.. they say there's no hold.

:fuckoff:

How do you keep having the worst luck getting ISPs to take your money? Do they put lead in the water, or what

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

It's just Frontier that doesn't want to actually turn on the service (... or let me do a self install... the ONT is here, I just need their router and someone at the CO to enable my line). Spectrum is more than happy to take money (more of it every year), but when it comes to actually repairing poo poo they play hot potato.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My new car with 290 miles on it has a fingernail length scratch through the paint on the top fender. I’m going to throw up.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Was it present at delivery or just astoundingly quick to pick up some cosmetic damage?

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

everdave posted:

My new car with 290 miles on it has a fingernail length scratch through the paint on the top fender. I’m going to throw up.

Its white, correct? Should be easy to touch up, and just think of the car as yours now.

This has sorta happened to me as well. Bought a brand new 2009 cobalt ss/tc and got rear ended a month later. It was at night and I didn’t see damage so I took the lady’s info and left. The next morning I found the hole in the bumper cover from her license plate bolt. The information she gave was incomplete and she would never return my calls after the first. Lesson learned etc.

Also, got let go from work effective tomorrow. Knew it was coming since they closed the plant in 2016, but its still painful. Also informed they won’t be paying me the severance for years of service and were docking me for the vacation I just took. I have a contract re: the severance but I will need a lawyer I think to get it honored and in that case it will take months and 3/4 of what its worth to recover anything.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
It is pearl white with the metallic in it. Can’t blame the dealer I sure didn’t see it at delivery. Went to a concert in Nashville in it so must have been a rock from the highway.

I’m gonna hit Hyundai up tomorrow and see if they can goodwill someone touching it up, when I try it looks like someone put whiteout on a scratch. Otherwise I’ll freaking pay someone to. It’s very small but through the paint. Man.

Edit: sorry about your job loss, sucks

everdave fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 30, 2018

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

gently caress that, drag it out of them for spite if nothing else.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Just touching it in will look like rear end, yes, that's just the first step before you start wet sanding and compounding etc.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

New Project Binky Q+A on youtube. Apparently they would like to collaborate with MCM. Something to look forward to in 2020ish

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BigPaddy posted:

Dramatic weight loss in the 150-200 lb in 12 months range. It also removes the part of the digestion system that creates the hormone that makes you feel hungry until your body recovers the ability to do it in about 2-3 years. The idea is by that time all the needed lifestyle changes have been made to make the weight loss life long. Right now in day 8 I am basically on fat free, sugar free pudding and jello 2-3 times a day. On Thursday I can try pouched eggs and mashed potatoes!

It has the other benefit of saving money by only spending $30 a week on feed and never wanting to go out anywhere.

150-200 is a lot. At best an entire me :aaa:

Lifestyle change is the hard bit but I guess not being able to eat much of anything is going to take the fun out of things to the point it becomes normal.

Good luck man, it's a hell of a thing to do.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

everdave posted:

It is pearl white with the metallic in it. Can’t blame the dealer I sure didn’t see it at delivery. Went to a concert in Nashville in it so must have been a rock from the highway.

I’m gonna hit Hyundai up tomorrow and see if they can goodwill someone touching it up, when I try it looks like someone put whiteout on a scratch. Otherwise I’ll freaking pay someone to. It’s very small but through the paint. Man.

Edit: sorry about your job loss, sucks

The metallic will be a challenge. I have tried to touch up moonglow pearl and the touchup pen had 2 stages, never quite looked right.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

LloydDobler posted:

I'm not a mold house but I have experience with it if you need design consulting, and I know of a few shops that do good work here in CO, depending on volume and size and all that. You don't have PMs here, want me to post an email or are you willing to?

Choppeds10 at Google, man. Thanks. I really should just buy PMs after these 13 or more years.

Also, AA, found this at Wal-Mart and thought of you instantly

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I'm finally working on the rallycross track and need to get two sets of snow tires for the GTX. Is there a good closeout site I can get them from? I hear General Altimaxx Arctics are the good way to go. Its mostly DG soil here, so I don't need much in terms of abrasion resistance.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Oh man, gently caress dealerships forever. I had to take the Challenger in for the famed Takata airbag recall, and they'd already diagnosed a problem with the differential that's covered under warranty. So they set me up an appointment for two weeks out, and two weeks later (Jan 9th) I take it up there. No contact initiates from them from that point forward. I call them weekly to check up, and they didn't start working until last Friday. I told them the ABS light is on, they diagnose a bad wheel speed sensor. It's literally a $10 part and 15 minutes to fix in the driveway. So they want $250 for that and tell me I need a $400 brake job too (Brembo brake pads "cost more"), except I did the brakes in December. I told them to pound sand. On top of that, there are greasy fingerprints on every wheel, then they claim they goodwilled the warranty work despite diagnosing it and setting the appointment up was before the warranty ran out so I shouldn't complain. I went and picked it up today and told them I'd never buy anything from them or have any service done.

I wasn't given a survey to fill out, I wonder why?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Long story and I don't have the models yet, but say someone had a low mileage 1991 and 2012 Ferrari, and they're not crazy exclusive models. I'm trying to figure out the max they could be worth (as collateral), and from what I can tell your most valuable combination would be a 1991 Testarossa and a 2012 458. Wikipedia shows the 599 as going through 2012, but I don't see any for sale in the US. Anything I'm missing here? Looks like it'd be ~$150k for a lower mileage Testarossa, although they have some listed way higher with under 10k miles, and maybe $200k for a 2012 458. Supposedly they're "investments" worth 450 to 500k, but I'm getting the feeling that's way too high unless they're both something like 2k miles.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Guys I did it. I took my new Mustang to cars and coffee and didn't murder a single person while leaving.

It kind of felt like it wanted to though.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

MomJeans420 posted:

Long story and I don't have the models yet, but say someone had a low mileage 1991 and 2012 Ferrari, and they're not crazy exclusive models. I'm trying to figure out the max they could be worth (as collateral), and from what I can tell your most valuable combination would be a 1991 Testarossa and a 2012 458. Wikipedia shows the 599 as going through 2012, but I don't see any for sale in the US. Anything I'm missing here? Looks like it'd be ~$150k for a lower mileage Testarossa, although they have some listed way higher with under 10k miles, and maybe $200k for a 2012 458. Supposedly they're "investments" worth 450 to 500k, but I'm getting the feeling that's way too high unless they're both something like 2k miles.

Man a Testarossa is absolutely going to be worth 500k one day but be careful. Check bringatrailer.com I seem to recall one with needs sold around 100 a little while back.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Olympic Mathlete posted:

150-200 is a lot. At best an entire me :aaa:

Lifestyle change is the hard bit but I guess not being able to eat much of anything is going to take the fun out of things to the point it becomes normal.

Good luck man, it's a hell of a thing to do.
Once you start and get into it it can almost be fun. Theres plenty you can still eat while still losing weight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

opengl128 posted:

Guys I did it. I took my new Mustang to cars and coffee and didn't murder a single person while leaving.

It kind of felt like it wanted to though.

Oh sweet Jesus, you teased it.

Nothing good will come of this.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So, I know u posted the one hot wheels pic, but I gotta share the nerd story. They had 3 bins of hot wheels, and there are 6 Beatles cars. I spent a solid 15 minutes digging through them, found 5, could not find the 6th and I was getting super annoyed.

So annoyed that, while I was digging, my wife found the missing one on eBay and ordered it just so I would shut the gently caress up :v:

Also, as a totally normal adult, is it weird to just put your lunch Tupperware in a plastic bag and take it to work? I just...dont feel the need to spend money on a lunch box, but I guess I'm going to because it's 'sad to watch a grown rear end man carry his lunch in a plastic sack.'

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Choppeds10 at Google, man. Thanks. I really should just buy PMs after these 13 or more years.

Also, AA, found this at Wal-Mart and thought of you instantly

Oh poo poo nice. I owned a regular Honda City Turbo and always wanted a II because they reminded me of the Renault Turbos. Gonna have to take my son to Walmart to grab the new Hot Wheels.

Also funny story, I watched Tokyo Drift with my son the other night and he LOVED it :v:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

Also, as a totally normal adult, is it weird to just put your lunch Tupperware in a plastic bag and take it to work? I just...dont feel the need to spend money on a lunch box, but I guess I'm going to because it's 'sad to watch a grown rear end man carry his lunch in a plastic sack.'

Eh, gently caress it, unless you care what people think I guess. I kind of care, so I have a leather saddlebag briefcase from Copper River Bags that I carry my lunch and coffee thermos in. I bought it like 7 years ago because I liked it, but it gets a ton of compliments and is way nicer than some dorky-rear end insulated lunch thing. Of course if your commute is long and/or hot that might not work out so well. Also gently caress, Copper River got trendy/expensive! I paid $100 for my bag years ago because it was literally just motorcycle saddlebags, and I really liked them. poo poo.

As a side note, it never ceases to amaze me how many of my coworkers buy lunch at our cafe every.single.day at work. We're a non-profit touristy kinda spot which is an brutal 1-2 combination for expensive food and lovely wages, so I dunno what the hell they are thinking. We get a fair staff discount, but the food is lovely so I don't even know. That's at minimum ~$125/month.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
I just told my sisters that we're pregnant and they're SOOOOOOOOOO excited! :kimchi:

My wife's sister was a loving oval office about it though. She's not happy at all and tried to start some fight about some bullshit she made up in her head. Left my wife crying and me scratching my head wondering what the gently caress is she going on about. Too bad that she's legitimately crazy but good that I might not have to put up with her bullshit anymore.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Eh, gently caress it, unless you care what people think I guess. I kind of care, so I have a leather saddlebag briefcase from Copper River Bags that I carry my lunch and coffee thermos in.

I just throw my food in my cheap drawstring backpack and transfer it to the fridge at work when I get there.

Cheap alternative to plastic bags, although those work great too, re-purposing!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I have a "24 can" soft cooler that I bought at Canadian Tire for $3.50. It started ripping apart immediately, and the rubber coating on the liner has all but turned to dust in the three years it has been my lunchbox/work toolbag. We have a fridge in my work area so it only really carries food once a shift block to replenish my supply of cold cuts and bread.

E: Looks kinda like the larger one of these two, except mine is grey orange and black: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/outbound-picnic-combo-soft-cooler-2-pc-24-can-0853718p.html#srp

Lots of people at work have various different colours of the same bag, all in the same condition, because we all saw them on sale for $3.50 at CT three years ago and beat the everloving hell out of them.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 31, 2018

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The property management at my shithole apartments gave me a small insulated bag with their logo on it when I moved in. Works pretty well with an ice pack. Also included one of those bowls with a snap on lid that also has a fork/knife/spoon that snap on.

Only good thing I've gotten out of the place. :v:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

rdb posted:

Also, got let go from work effective tomorrow. Knew it was coming since they closed the plant in 2016, but its still painful. Also informed they won’t be paying me the severance for years of service and were docking me for the vacation I just took. I have a contract re: the severance but I will need a lawyer I think to get it honored and in that case it will take months and 3/4 of what its worth to recover anything.

Umm.... is that even legal? Obviously if they are in violation of the contract for severance that's a no-brainer, but the vacation? If they approved it and then you were let go after you took it, then that's not something I think they can legally take back, as it wasn't like you took a vacation and then walked in the first day back and quit.

I'd certainly be lawyer hunting even if the lawyer was going to take 100% of what they owed me just to give them a huge "gently caress You" for pulling bullshit like that. I bet a good lawyer could even get them a big ol' fine from the state for pulling that poo poo.

Obviously I don't know your situation or where you even are, but if it were me, where I am, I'd be in the HR office letting them know that I'll be getting a lawyer if 100% of my pay wasn't in my hands by whatever the legal time frame is for paying me after releasing me involuntarily.

gently caress companies that think it's okay to steal from their employees.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

iwentdoodie posted:

So, I know u posted the one hot wheels pic, but I gotta share the nerd story. They had 3 bins of hot wheels, and there are 6 Beatles cars. I spent a solid 15 minutes digging through them, found 5, could not find the 6th and I was getting super annoyed.

So annoyed that, while I was digging, my wife found the missing one on eBay and ordered it just so I would shut the gently caress up :v:

These are both normal adult things. Disney :argh: released these little tiny die cast versions of the Cars 3 Cars in little mystery bags. We bought a couple and thought they were great. There are 24 different ones all in mystery bags.

We became obsessed. My wife spent almost an entire day driving across the salt lake valley to various stores to get the entire collection. We were successful and it was much more satisfying than it should be.

And I don’t even put my Tupperware in a bag for lunch. Just carry the Tupperware. One small bag for my morning apple and I’m good.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I just told my sisters that we're pregnant and they're SOOOOOOOOOO excited! :kimchi:

My wife's sister was a loving oval office about it though. She's not happy at all and tried to start some fight about some bullshit she made up in her head. Left my wife crying and me scratching my head wondering what the gently caress is she going on about. Too bad that she's legitimately crazy but good that I might not have to put up with her bullshit anymore.

Congrats! Anyone that tries to make your moment about them is a little person and you don’t need that negativity in your life. Go emotional eat and find someone who gets excited with you guys and you’ll feel instantly better.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Re: lunchbag chat. I've got all sorts of things. Disposable styrofoam coolers, Small hard coolers. Slightly larger hard coolers. Even slightly larger hard coolers, dozens of bags, large coolers, soft sided coolers, custom bags made from leftover wetsuits and coozies... all sorts of poo poo. More often than not I just shove what I can into my backpack or a plastic bag or a $10 drawstring bag from Columbia.

Sometimes though I'll do it right and load up the whole bed of my truck with coolers full of BBQ and use my multiple handtrucks and garden carts to tote it into the office.

I think my favorite vessel is the $5 Costco soft cooler bags though. They can carry about 100lbs each with no problem and keep poo poo cold pretty much all day.
Once I loaded 3 sacks of concrete mix into one and carried it from Lowes to my truck in an adjacent parking lot because I didn't feel like driving or returning the cart.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Congrats! Anyone that tries to make your moment about them is a little person and you don’t need that negativity in your life. Go emotional eat and find someone who gets excited with you guys and you’ll feel instantly better.

Yeah I give absolutely zero fucks about her. She's batshit nuts. I'm her children's godfather now, but she spent every waking moment of my 6 year relationship leading up to marriage trash talking me, making up bullshit, and generally trying to ruin my relationship.
The hosed part is she has me withing that she'd just die in a fire so her kids don't grow up to be hosed up horrible human beings like she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everyone's going to have one crazy family member at some point, sounds like you got a real winner there. We're currently experiencing a "why can't you get married in a church?" inquisition from one of my fiance's nutters.

• Locked thread