Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

More like Ramsey has the f u because he wants to get the L out of there.

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

evilweasel posted:

the dolphins have five first/second round picks and if the steelers are real bad (they are) can easily flip that steelers pick for another one

Or they can flip that #1 into 2 more firsts and a bevy of other high picks. They've out sold the 1-32 browns already and it seems way more likely that they'll be in the top 3 if not the 1 again after that. This team is bad enough to land back to back #1's or at worst the 3rd overall

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Or they can flip that #1 into 2 more firsts and a bevy of other high picks. They've out sold the 1-32 browns already and it seems way more likely that they'll be in the top 3 if not the 1 again after that. This team is bad enough to land back to back #1's or at worst the 3rd overall

I'm not gonna advocate for passing on a QB we love because we are lovely right now.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

the box could be anything! even a boat!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I have to think Miami is using Rosen this year, if he’s good in 2019 then you let him start and play out 2020 as your Tua sits, then you trade Rosen to a QB needy team OR simply let him walk and get the 3rd round comp, assuming you don’t have big spending in 2021 off season (especially compared to a large 2020 offseason of 150mm in spending)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

evilweasel posted:

the box could be anything! even a boat!

Because all those mid rounders are certain to work out as starters!

Yall did notice Andrew Luck the most recent sure thing died right?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Nobody will repeat that mista... oh.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Drafting Andrew Luck was 100% the right move for the Colts though :confused:

I don't understand how the Colts doing a poor job with Luck's medical issues and not putting together a good offensive line is supposed to impact my opinion on whether Miami should take Tua.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Tua is no where close to as sure a thing as Luck was.

Trevor though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

I don't understand how the Colts doing a poor job with Luck's medical issues and not putting together a good offensive line is supposed to impact my opinion on whether Miami should take Tua.

Because tua isnt a generational cant miss prospect and one of those is coming out in 2021.

I just don't want Trevor to go to Denver, man.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ehud posted:

Because you're putting him on a shittier team than the Colts. It's not going to coalesce after just 1 draft.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Lawrence is on pace for 20 ints this year, better not draft him and instead take a guard

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Quiet Feet posted:

More like Ramsey has the f u because he wants to get the L out of there.

groooaaannnnn

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

a neat cape posted:

Dont draft tua

Tua is right there close to a generational prospect. I'm not sure you can hope you get the Lawrence pick and pass on someone like Tua (or even Herbert or Eason or whoever).

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

Lawrence is on pace for 20 ints this year, better not draft him and instead take a guard

He's not coming out this year!!!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

Because tua isnt a generational cant miss prospect and one of those is coming out in 2021.

I just don't want Trevor to go to Denver, man.

Hes going to Indy or GB. You know this.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

Tua is right there close to a generational prospect. I'm not sure you can hope you get the Lawrence pick.

Tua is not a generational prospect and might not even be the best prospect in his own draft class.

And the Dolphins are bad enough to have the top pick 2 years in a row

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Hes going to Indy or GB. You know this.

As long as it's not Denver!!

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

a neat cape posted:

And the Dolphins are bad enough to have the top pick 2 years in a row

Ok and they pass on that whole class and then don't get the #1 the following year and they're hosed. Completely and totally hosed. That makes no sense.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ches right i mean why even draft if your team sucks

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm glad the Seahawks only had to do 1 year toward rebuilding when I look at the situation the Dolphins are in.

Edit: snagging the best QB in franchise history in the 3rd round helps a lot.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

colachute posted:

groooaaannnnn

don't discourage creativity

edit:

Also I don't know where you find your QBOTF. It seems like you can take him literally anywhere in the draft. You just need to know who your guy is and when you've identified him, allow nothing to stop you from taking him wherever you see fit.

Now the problem becomes if the Dolphins' scouts have the ability to know who is a good prospect but if you believe that is Tua stop at nothing to get him. My team passed on Russell Wilson to take a backup tackle and I will never get over it.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 23, 2019

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

yes but only after a seven year campaign to specifically never ever draft or sign a competent offensive line, not merely drafting him first and the OL second

the dolphins will probably have a very good pick next year too. but probably isn't certainly, and the difference between the #1 and, say, the #5 is very large when it comes to getting the QB you want

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Probably thinking that it’s been like 7-8 seconds and even a complete buffoon would have gotten rid of the ball by then

He thought he could hold the ball because they only rushed 3. The o-line forgot to tell him they were taking that play off

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dammit we just did like 5 pages of “should the Dolphins draft Tua” in the AFCE thread, don’t let the contagion spread

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Because you're putting him on a shittier team than the Colts. It's not going to coalesce after just 1 draft.

I think you're making too many assumptions.

You're assuming:

Miami will get the first overall pick two seasons in a row (we might not even get it this year with the way the Jets are playing!)

Miami can't use an historical combination of draft and cap ammunition to make the roster go from "terrible" to just "below average".

Miami can't further bolster the roster in 2021 with another stupid amount of high picks and cap space.

A QB will be available in 2021 that we'll like as much as Tua (Lawrence has looked worse so far this year, he could also get hurt or even decide to go back another year to Clemson).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Tua could also decide to go back to Alabama to avoid the dolphins, which would be good for Miami

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's just funny seeing the Dolphins doing this specifically to get out of the 7-9/6-10 loop of death they were in

when they're interested in Tua and not Lawrence, meaning they're more likely than not to get back in that loop in no time flat after this one year of winning nothing period

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the miami dolphins will never be good again

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ehud posted:

is the word again really necessary?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Tua could also decide to go back to Alabama to avoid the dolphins, which would be good for Miami

God that would be funny

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Getting Tua and then #1 the next year would be great for the Dolphins, because teams would be paying out the rear end in draft picks to get Lawrence.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mr. Nice! posted:

is the word again really necessary?

They were good when I was a boy!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If the Dolphins go 0-16 this season it should retroactively cancel their perfect season.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

seiferguy posted:

If the Dolphins go 0-16 this season it should retroactively cancel their perfect season.

The 70whatever team can still drink their wine/whiskey when the last undefeated team loses in a season, but now it has to be a buttchug

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
They have to drink hobo wine from an old boot like a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Oh man you’re exactly right if only Miami thought ahead and started securing 2021 picks...

I’m shocked a Browns fan of all folks doesn’t understand what Miami is doing, but I’m floored you somehow don’t see our clear as day blueprint is the same as Cleveland’s - Miami + CLE simply had different equity.

Miami had a few talented players that had value. Cleveland has back to back awful seasons. They had draft equity. Both use that value to secure the specific value they are targeted (ie QB in 1st round 2020 draft, go into next 2 drafts expecting to spend 3-4 picks on line, etc. pick a scheme)

But for some reason you’re paralleling them with Colts, which simply lost everything they could and drafted Andrew Luck, assuming it was finished because PEYTON was good enough, after all...

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bigass Moth posted:

I don’t think Gendo was arrested for anything. I think he was harassing/stalking a female poster and was either told to leave or disappeared on his own.

I thought he molested his underage relative

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

Ross will die eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Tua is gonna be a bust.