Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Shear Modulus posted:

moron centrists were calling for a michael bloomberg or elon musk or mark zuckerberg or warren buffet or steve jobs to rule the country long before trump became president

Moron centrists that write for medium aren't the general public

I bet a large portion of the country don't even really know or care who those people are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Grand Prize Winner posted:

what is the most communist but also frightening animal? naked mole rat maybe?

Prairie dogs

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

FaustianQ posted:

What would a proper leftist superhero even look like?

Everett True prior to 1917.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonna interrupt this to answer the question everyone is thinking: what is the most leftist anime.

The answer is: Kaiji

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

rudatron posted:

I'm gonna interrupt this to answer the question everyone is thinking: what is the most leftist anime.

:^)

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

In Justice League New Frontier, Wonder Woman leads a group of captured Vietnamese women to slaughter their VC captors

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

FaustianQ posted:

What would a proper leftist superhero even look like? Is that basically Anarky but you don't let poo poo AnCaps write him?

Corto Maltese.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 28 days!)

rudatron posted:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:bisonyes:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

business hammocks posted:

It's about how you need the surveillance state because it's the only way to beat the bad guys when they try to take it over. Also I guess millionaire Robert Downy Jr. gets to take it over in the end, so you know it's in good hands.

The Nolan batman is less fascist, and he's a critique of state power.

nah its about taking down the security state because itwill only be used for evil

windter soldier is a legit good movie

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 28 days!)

https://twitter.com/Teddyeddyeddy/status/900232231544926208

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
ian started smoking his own poo poo 😓

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Aren't Columbus statues the only things keeping Italian-Americans in check?

That's what the sopranos told me.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

I mean he acknowledged it meant jew

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

rudatron posted:

hell, yes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

rudatron posted:

the manga national quiz has the best form of government in any media imo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TrilliontonNixon posted:

If you guys are looking for a leftist superhero then I've got you covered.

These are leftist superheroes.

Superheroes are inherently reactionary.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
How about this guy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

The Little Kielbasa posted:

How about this guy

Died in a futile struggle against automation.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

babypolis posted:

nah its about taking down the security state because itwill only be used for evil

windter soldier is a legit good movie

getting rid of security state without complete lustration is a bad idea

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/12News/status/900233025543450624

motherFUCKER has 7-11 been selling tear gas? HAVE I BEEN MISSING OUT?!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
cool lie

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Ah yes tear gas grenades, right over in the insect and pest aisle.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"I had to shoot and kill the suspect because he shot and killed me first"

I dunno, I can't come up with a more ridiculous version than the one they actually went with. They gassed us first.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
"they gassed us first" is exactly why the nazis felt auschwitz was needed

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
the jacks shot the gas out of grenade launchers so i suppose the statement is technically correct...

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

jfood posted:

you folks are seriously loving uncultured

I love how the first season of that had an allstar voice cast and then it got renewed and everyone was like "lol gently caress that noise" and changed voices.

Much like DBZ when Ocean quit but in retrospect I think Funimation VAs got better eventually.

To pay the Squizzle tax, the original DBZ dub VAs also did beast wars and gundam wing. That's why dinobot sounds like piccolo and rattrap sounds like duo.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

zegermans posted:

I love how the first season of that had an allstar voice cast and then it got renewed and everyone was like "lol gently caress that noise" and changed voices.

Much like DBZ when Ocean quit but in retrospect I think Funimation VAs got better eventually.

To pay the Squizzle tax, the original DBZ dub VAs also did beast wars and gundam wing. That's why dinobot sounds like piccolo and rattrap sounds like duo.

I'm going to nod knowingly and pretend this is english.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
so periscope superstar tim pool is totally alt right adjacent at this point right

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

sneakyfrog posted:

I'm going to nod knowingly and pretend this is english.

The first seasons of Captain Planet had Woopie Goldberg, LeVar Burton, Jeff Goldblum, Meg Ryan, Sting, Martin Sheen, and James Coburn doing voices. They all quit when they show went on too long.

Side note they had a character named Duke Nukem a year before the original platformer PC game

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

cargo cult posted:

so periscope superstar tim pool is totally alt right adjacent at this point right

still better than tim peel.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

zegermans posted:

The first seasons of Captain Planet had Woopie Goldberg, LeVar Burton, Jeff Goldblum, Meg Ryan, Sting, Martin Sheen, and James Coburn doing voices. They all quit when they show went on too long.

Side note they had a character named Duke Nukem a year before the original platformer PC game

Ah thank you.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Iridium posted:

https://twitter.com/12News/status/900233025543450624

motherFUCKER has 7-11 been selling tear gas? HAVE I BEEN MISSING OUT?!

You see when police shoot the gas, it doesn't count; kicking the canisters back at them is getting uppity and has to be put down

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

zegermans posted:

*Frantically hammers the call nurse button*

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
After last night's MAGA rally and CNN's coverage of the rally and the right's reaction to said coverage, I am 100% sure there is going to be a right-wing terror attack on CNN/its personalities within the year.

E: No news outlet infuriates the right as much as CNN. MSNBC, New York Times, or the Washington Post don't even come close to how much hatred the right has for CNN.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Best Friends posted:

this is what they actually believe

Lol yeah it is, one of my alt-right friends always says Nazis were just a reaction to Germany going too far left and having transsexuals

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Lol yeah it is, one of my alt-right friends always says Nazis were just a reaction to Germany going so far left and having transsexuals

why do you have nazi friends?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

sneakyfrog posted:

why do you have nazi friends?

Met them before they went alt-right.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Montasque posted:

After last night's MAGA rally and CNN's coverage of the rally and the right's reaction to said coverage, I am 100% sure there is going to be a right-wing terror attack on CNN/its personalities within the year.

E: No news outlet infuriates the right as much as CNN. MSNBC, New York Times, or the Washington Post don't even come close to how much hatred the right has for CNN.

which is hilarious since cnn doesnt have much of an ideology beyond "WILL THIS GET PEOPLE TO WATCH US?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Montasque posted:

Which is loving weird btw. CNN is truth in the middle as gently caress.