Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Oh I guess we know what OFS's next Pokemon LP is gonna be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, Pokemon Go.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Mersenne posted:

The fact it's actually an Ame-sanctioned sequel to Reborn as of V12 is just icing on the cake.
:farf:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Don't forget doing stuff like adding time-limited sidequests you can only do if the plot hasn't progressed past a certain point.

That have very improtant lore information stuff in them.

That have the progression cutoff before the end of the patch before it, so if you're playing through each update as it comes out you'll miss a bunch of these.

Mersenne
Oct 9, 2012

Prime Suspect

"Oh...? How amusing. Do try to keep me entertained, ehehe..."

Wes Warhammer posted:

I'm sorry, what

Quackles posted:

Who what now?

Rejuvenation is wild.

It doesn't even come up as part of the main plot (yet); you only learn this if you do a very specific series of sidequests near the endgame of V12 featuring Aya and Adrienn getting called in from abroad to help fight Rejuv's terrorist squad. The latter reveals that five years have passed since the events of Reborn, and gives some cryptic comments about Reborn's protagonist implying something happened to them after becoming the Champion.

Ame has also gone on record in her own stream LP of Rejuvenation that all of this has her blessings, so... make of that what you will.

Keep in mind, all of this is entirely optional*. Jan loves hiding critical lore behind easily overlooked event triggers, you see.

(*may not be entirely optional if you're going for the true ending)

I will give them this much, however: Rejuvenation does not exploit any real life tragedies for dramatic effect, the plot's edginess is closer to generic seinen anime more than anything else, and most importantly; the developer actually enjoys Pokémon.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I think Pugnacious Doggie is busy because they became a parent right after starting the LP.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I hope they find time to continue eventually... though those retro-event triggers on updates sound like a huge pain for an LPer.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

It's ok, we'll have Pokemon Sword and Shield later this year complete with 18 gyms.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

OgretailFood posted:

It's ok, we'll have Pokemon Sword and Shield later this year complete with 18 gyms.

What if Game Freak really was stealing ideas from Ame all along? :stare:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Super Jay Mann posted:

What if Game Freak really was stealing ideas from Ame all along? :stare:

Not all of those are required to beat the game, unlike in Reborn.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Super Jay Mann posted:

Oh I guess we know what OFS's next Pokemon LP is gonna be.

Except I'm gonna make white transparent on all the images so you better be reading on a light background :twisted:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Schubalts posted:

Not all of those are required to beat the game, unlike in Reborn.

plus some gyms are version exclusives

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Except I'm gonna make white transparent on all the images so you better be reading on a light background :twisted:

Do it! :getin:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Wait, are there different forum themes? I was never able to figure that out.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Quackles posted:

Even if there aren't, you can always mess with CSS injectors, browser scripts, extensions, etc.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Quackles posted:

There's a Chrome extension called SALR, it can highlight read threads, or OP's posts, or mod posts, or your own posts, or quotes of your own posts, all in different colors of your choosing. It also does a bunch of other stuff but I don't even remember what's been made standard to SA and what's the extension anymore. I got the transparent image over a nice yellow.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Quackles posted:

Sadly no. I use Night Reader on Firefox, white text on black is easier on my eyes than black on white. Haven't found a Chrome equivalent that works as well but there's a few - I knew about the SALR extension but I'm too lazy to play around with it.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Mersenne posted:

Rejuvenation is wild.

It doesn't even come up as part of the main plot (yet); you only learn this if you do a very specific series of sidequests near the endgame of V12 featuring Aya and Adrienn getting called in from abroad to help fight Rejuv's terrorist squad. The latter reveals that five years have passed since the events of Reborn, and gives some cryptic comments about Reborn's protagonist implying something happened to them after becoming the Champion.

Ame has also gone on record in her own stream LP of Rejuvenation that all of this has her blessings, so... make of that what you will.

Keep in mind, all of this is entirely optional*. Jan loves hiding critical lore behind easily overlooked event triggers, you see.

(*may not be entirely optional if you're going for the true ending)

I will give them this much, however: Rejuvenation does not exploit any real life tragedies for dramatic effect, the plot's edginess is closer to generic seinen anime more than anything else, and most importantly; the developer actually enjoys Pokémon.

Well that explains why I have no recollection of Reborn actually coming up aside from a reference now and then, it was tied to stupid sidequest nonsense. Makes sense considering everything else in the pair of games.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Quackles posted:

I use Something Awfully Wronger? in Stylus. It's good!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I ask because I want to make transparent animated GIFs for my Let's Play. But GIFs don't support transparency. So I was going to cheat and make the background color be the same as the forum 'post background' color for the post I made.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Quackles posted:

I ask because I want to make transparent animated GIFs for my Let's Play. But GIFs don't support transparency.

...Yes they do? Gif was the original transparency format. All the forum emotes are gifs.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Tenebrais posted:

...Yes they do? Gif was the original transparency format. All the forum emotes are gifs.

....okay, whoever told me that animated GIFs don't support transparency deserves a flock of seagulls pooping on their lawn. :catstare:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Quackles posted:

....okay, whoever told me that animated GIFs don't support transparency deserves a flock of seagulls pooping on their lawn. :catstare:

Birds, the band, or both?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Do it you coward!

I use the awful app to read LP threads, all your posts are on an olive-green background that makes it easy to read when you're the OP.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
.gif doesn't do alpha-channel transparency, but you can set a palette colour as transparent. If that means nothing to you, it is nothing you need to understand.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

goatface posted:

.gif doesn't do alpha-channel transparency, but you can set a palette colour as transparent. If that means nothing to you, it is nothing you need to understand.

That explains it. Thank you.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Yes. :smuggo:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Oh thank god E19 didn't come out yet, I saw the new posts on page 1 and had a goddamn panic attack at the thought of this trash fire actually being goddamn finished.

I'm actually curious if Ame will try to cram Gen 8's mons/legendaries/Dynamax mechanic/RAID BATTLES into Reborn too, since E19 won't be done until long after the Gen 8 games release. On one hand, Reborn is already the epitome of "too much". On the other hand, it means more time not having E19 be released.

Thank god for Reborn's absurdity of a terrain system being completely different from the much simpler stuff of Gen 6 or 7, or else cramming Gen 8 mons/mechanics in would result in an actually good reason to consider playing Reborn over an official Pokemon game, and it doesn't deserve one of those. Ever.

EDIT: ahahahahah at Rejuvenation going "gently caress it I'm super secretly a Reborn sequel now", it's like this is turning into the loving Mr. Bone's Wild Ride of fangames; you finally reach the end and the only way out is through another *even longer and still unfinished* fangame.

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 3, 2019

azren
Feb 14, 2011

What hack/fangame is this?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

azren posted:

What hack/fangame is this?
I think it's the prototype for Gold and Silver shown back at one of the game shows in '99 that recently resurfaced.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Did the actual prototype leak? I thought it was just the designs. That’s definitely proto-Cyndaquil in the image, either way.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Did the actual prototype leak? I thought it was just the designs. That’s definitely proto-Cyndaquil in the image, either way.

The rom itself leaked, it just happens that prototype pokemon designs are more interesting than map layouts that didn't pan out. The game itself wasn't very complete.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Quackles posted:

MarquiseMindfang posted:

That guy is a Staraptor.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

The rom itself leaked, it just happens that prototype pokemon designs are more interesting than map layouts that didn't pan out. The game itself wasn't very complete.
Honestly more complete than I expected considering shortly after the demo's showing they redid about everything from the ground up.
Most of the cities seem complete, as well as most land routes. Everything has proper encounter data (to the point you can map out the intended route through the game) and a lot of event scripting to put NPCs in places is present. Almost every pokemon has proper moveset data, too. All dialog has been removed except the stuff needed for the demo, I think, but I'm guessing that was still written in their own copies.

The stuff not there or still in development is pretty interesting too, though. Lot of stats were still being implemented and a lot of pokemon didn't have proper Special Defense values. Happiness didn't seem to be a thing at all and despite all the baby Pokemon it doesn't seem like breeding was planned originally. No egg moves, no egg sprite, no breeding data, togepi is at the tail end of the list with Snubbull, no where for a breeding center.

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX

rannum posted:

The stuff not there or still in development is pretty interesting too, though. Lot of stats were still being implemented and a lot of pokemon didn't have proper Special Defense values. Happiness didn't seem to be a thing at all and despite all the baby Pokemon it doesn't seem like breeding was planned originally. No egg moves, no egg sprite, no breeding data, togepi is at the tail end of the list with Snubbull, no where for a breeding center.

There was absolutely an egg sprite! It's a lot more simple, and has no spots. There's also a random egg visible in a museum in Old City.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Commander Keene posted:

I think it's the prototype for Gold and Silver shown back at one of the game shows in '99 that recently resurfaced.

The demo from Space World 1997, specifically.

Despite the limited scope of the intended play area, there's a lot more lurking in the data like the full pokedex, the overworld map's all tiled including a condensed Kanto before the memory got doubled, it's neat stuff.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It's definitely one of the coolest video game prototype finds I've ever seen and I'd love to hear the story behind it

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

For giggles I decided to open the second image in a new tab and was rewarded with this:

Which in all honesty looks loving sick, so you should totally do it.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Detective Pokemon: Noir looking good.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I have made a grave error.

A sprite is in here now this is just sad.

Turns out couch lad isn't a sprite because he doesn't initialize south or pop in like sprites do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I have made a grave error.

Turns out couch lad isn't a sprite because he doesn't initialize south or pop in like sprites do.

Guess you’ll have to replay this LP to correct this egregious oversight.